What ever happened to fuel altereds? (1 Viewer)

Sean, that's a cool hotrod right there. Never got to see a lot of the cars run back there. :( Thanks for the link. :cool:

Well for the Sean's I look forward to seeing you guys at Eddyville. For Chris White...you know what you have coming. Heslink Racing will be there to Punish the competition!

We have about 20 cars confirmed for the 2008 World Fuel Altered Nationals at Eddyville on August 15-16....with another 1/2 dozen possibilities...and I will post the list as soon as I get a few more confirmations...seems like we always get a few no-shows and a few that just show up without letting us know....but I will list the teams that have called in a few days....

We have about 20 cars confirmed for the 2008 World Fuel Altered Nationals at Eddyville on August 15-16....with another 1/2 dozen possibilities...and I will post the list as soon as I get a few more confirmations...seems like we always get a few no-shows and a few that just show up without letting us know....but I will list the teams that have called in a few days....
That is just super, Scott..way looking forward to that!!

Oh..and from the Altered page listed earlier..here's an old Nanook shot..and if you go there..there is a shot when he lands..and still clocked 200mph at the traps..hehe: Here's your history Randy..ask Dave about this one..

flyin_nanook.jpg

Man..that just rocks.

Thanks Scott for what you're doing in Eddyville & Cordova..I personally say Thanks.

The above is a Steve Reyes Photo..and don't ever forget he is the MAN!!

Oh OKAY...

The other end of it..

And please remember Steve Reyes Photo:

fly-nanooknosedive.jpg

And the caption:

But, what come up, must come down. Note, behind the right front wheel, the drag link for the steering hanging on the ground. This would mean that there was no way to steer the Nanook any longer. The odd thing about this, is that on this run, Dave turned a 200 mph trap speed.

With no steering.

Take that, Willie!

And the link to this story..and more stories about all the alts I grew up with anyway.

Awful, Awful Fuel Altereds or Why be Normal? Nanook, First Page!

On August 2 at Albuquerque Dragway the Fuel Altereds of James A. Generalao Jr. " IMPATIENT " and Ron Maroney " OBSESSION " will be doing a 2 run match race. So if your in the area come by and check it out. From, James A. Generalao Jr.

James:

It has been a very long time since we have seen fuel altereds in ABQ - really looking forward to it. The steering wheel will probably get even more use than the already active use a fuel altered normally requires! My daughter and I will be racing her Jr Dragster, we will stop and say hi.

Here is a blown (but not nitro) car I drove back in 1980.

VanCrafterscomp.jpg

Lyle Greenberg
Rachel Greenberg Motorsports
Lyle Greenberg Motorsports
Jennifer Greenberg Motorsports

Lyle,
Were looking forward to having a great time this weekend. I think the show is going to be pretty exciting. That picture reminds me of my old car I left in hawaii. It was a bbc blown alcohol too. Good luck this weekend for you and daughter and do come by and say hi. From, James

James:

It has been a very long time since we have seen fuel altereds in ABQ - really looking forward to it. The steering wheel will probably get even more use than the already active use a fuel altered normally requires! My daughter and I will be racing her Jr Dragster, we will stop and say hi.

Here is a blown (but not nitro) car I drove back in 1980.

VanCrafterscomp.jpg

Lyle Greenberg

Lyle, back in 1988 John Lindsay and another guy brought altereds to Abq dragway. That was the first time I heard Nitro in person, not sure what % they ran but they cackled that's for sure!

James,
It sure was a great time Racing with you again. Dam good show. Both cars looked awesome going down the track. Lots of Flames and Nitro. I hope we can do it again next year.

Lyle,
Were looking forward to having a great time this weekend. I think the show is going to be pretty exciting. That picture reminds me of my old car I left in hawaii. It was a bbc blown alcohol too. Good luck this weekend for you and daughter and do come by and say hi. From, James

James & Lyle (Lamb):

You guys did a nice job Sat. night on a what is sometimes a tricky track. I enjoyed the blown alky cars as well. Props to the track mgt for taking a chance on a "bigger" show than normal. Hopefully we get more nitro in ABQ sometime soon!

Lyle Greenberg

James & Lyle (Lamb):

You guys did a nice job Sat. night on a what is sometimes a tricky track. I enjoyed the blown alky cars as well. Props to the track mgt for taking a chance on a "bigger" show than normal. Hopefully we get more nitro in ABQ sometime soon!

Lyle Greenberg

I was impressed by how well the track was prepped! I was there on Memorial weekend and the Blown cars couldn't hook up whatsoever!:confused:

Thanks Lyle(Greenberg), I really had a great time. The track crew did a great job for us. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. We certainly hope to be back next year.

Lyle Lamb,
It sure was fun racing with you guy's. I think for the conditions we had we did put on one hell of a show. And yes I do look forward to doing it again next year. Good luck with the rest of your races you guy's have this year and be safe out there. From, James A. Generalao Jr.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back