Tony Shoe Wins..... (1 Viewer)

Absolutely one of the most amazing Finals ever... We all dream about winning it all that way. Honestly. If you became a fan as a kid, or came in and were bitten by the bug late, everybody dreams of winning the LAST RACE of the LAST RACE, setting the record and winning the Championship. It IS the stuff Dreams are made of :)

Tony and Co. deserve to be on cloud 9 after an unbeliveable end of season charge. And thanks to Team K for making it a chase to the end.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!! But than again, don't ever put anything impossible in front of Alan Johnson. GREAT JOB FOR THE ARMY TEAM!!!

From Dragracecentral:

1 Tony Schumacher ****WINNER**** 0.095 4.428 327.98
507 Melanie Troxel .......................... 0.085 4.585 308.50

If there's one guy guy that could have pulled off the seemingly impossible it's Alan Johnson. Congrats Army team!:cool:

What a way to win a championship

And they say they need to change the points to make it more exciting. How could this season been any more with 3 championships going down to the last couple rounds

And the new points system is supposed to make the championship chase more exciting. Hmmmm, that make take some doing.

Murdock.

Congrat to the us army team
and yes....its all cause of allen johnson....he is the BEST!!

wow. cant wait to see the race. really wanted to see dougie get it but ya cant go past the run by the army guys. well done to all involved

cheers
Jason

Can we postpone the 07 points system for another year???

let me see if I can grasp this. On the last possible run of the entire year Alan Johnson threw in an all, or nothing at all tune up to win the Championship by Nine Thousandths of a second!!!!!

This may be the last time you will ever see such a sensational chase for the championship boys and girls. In the last pass forever of the true championship style points system.

although im a huge kalitta fan, i have to tip my cap to team shumacher. alan johnson is THE MAN !!!!!!!

WOWWWWW that was great,awesome job DSR. That was exciting,next years points are gonna suck.

Alan Johnson is the man. That's about all there is to say! :eek:

I hope Melanie Troxel gets a fat bonus check for that RT in the Semi Final :eek:

TF & Tony Shoe, what a joke. Makes me sick they let him get away with ignoring the starter (Rick) and then they say he won the championship. He shouldn't have been in it today.

Without even realizing it, I was on my feet, chinese carton in one hand, fork in the other, yelling, "Oh my god! He did it. He won the race and he threw down a record too just because he had to."
That was amazing. I'm not one to root for the popular guy, the one with multiple championships, but the comeback really got me. I thought for sure by mid-season that Tony Shoe was out of it, no chance in hell.

So, Tony, congratulations. I hope I get the chance to do so in person, quite late though, next summer when the NHRA comes back to Seattle.

I am like, wow, I just, man, wow. Thanks to all the dragster drivers in the class who helped make the season so exciting from start to finish.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back