ultimate final round TF in Pomona (1 Viewer)

Doug in the woods

Nitro Member
Tony S needs to win in final AND set ET record (note he sets ET record in Vegas so he needs to reset in Pomona). IF Tony wins round and resets then he takes championship
Tony's opponet in other lane- Berstein-If Bernstein wins he take championship
IF Tony wins but fails to set ET record then Doug Kalitta wins championship.
sounds pretty exciting to me. wish I could be there.
I thnk this may be possiable seeing how close the 3 are.
just thinking out loud in Idaho

Tony S needs to win in final AND set ET record (note he sets ET record in Vegas so he needs to reset in Pomona). IF Tony wins round and resets then he takes championship

Doug has it in the bag as does Jason Line. Funny Car is the only one not decided really and I say, go JFR!

Hmm.... Kind of a combination of Joe Amato/Gary Ormsby and Jeb Allen/Gary Beck.

Remember when low e.t., top speed of the meet, and national record for speed paid points???? :eek: Capps would not even be a factor.

In that 1990 final, Amato could have lost the race, and still won the championship if he set low ET.

Doug has it in the bag as does Jason Line. Funny Car is the only one not decided really and I say, go JFR!

I guess that means there is NO chance of a round 1 loss by Doug K., and neither Tony S. or Bernstein going rounds. Sorry, but Top Fuel is far from over (IMO), but I do agree that Line is the Champ.

I guess that means there is NO chance of a round 1 loss by Doug K., and neither Tony S. or Bernstein going rounds. Sorry, but Top Fuel is far from over (IMO), but I do agree that Line is the Champ.

There is a chance that Dougie could lose, but I think its slim with an 83pt lead with only 2 races remaining.

I agree with you Justin. Top Fuel is all but OVER! Doug Kalitta is going to win his first Top Fuel championship.
The only way Tony and Brandon are going to have a chance is to have Doug go out 1st round in Vegas, OR they need to watch where Doug qualifies and try and qualify in the spot that would put them in a first round matchup or 2nd round if they would both advance. To be the best you need to beat the best, and in my opinion, that would be an early head to head matchup if you want a chance.

Why qualify #1 and get what, 1 more point than the #2 qualifier and you wont meet up until the finals when you could try and qualify to where you meet up with the points leader in 1st or 2nd round and take him out.

I would give 10 to 1 that Doug is going to win it this year, he has too big a lead and his nearest competition doesn't scare them like they have in years past.

The 4.437?

Forgive me, Lord - I need help. I promised myself I wouldn't go down this path.... gettin' all excited and jumpy too early about Doug making it happen.
But - if... and right now, that's a VERY BIG IF .... Doug K. wins the prize.....Holy buckets of crap.......let me just say.... THIS Mater will go off the deep end. That will be like Christmas, my wedding, childbirth, winning the lottery, your first kiss, first communion, a pay raise, your first orgasm, a cop letting you whizz by as he's got you on radar, your first love.. any number of those incredible life moments.... all rolled into one!
LET'S GO MAC TOOLS!!!:eek:

crystal ball says:
schumacher
hight
line
hines

Chris W.,
I enjoy your enthusiasm for the kalitta group

crystal ball says:
schumacher
hight
line
hines

Chris W.,
I enjoy your enthusiasm for the kalitta group

Mike,

I agree with you on all counts - Schumacher is still the reigning champ until he's officially beaten... and we all know what Alan & that team are capable of. It ain't over in TF by a long shot.

I love Hight's chances, but by the same token I'd love to see Ron Capps (and maybe even moreso, Ace) win in Funny Car.

Line basically needs to show up & it's his.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't really care about PSB, but I feel the same about Hines that I do about Schumacher - he's the champ until he's officially eliminated.

All that aside - Good luck Chris, I know you love the Kalitta clan.

The TF title is not over--Doug K can go out first round

Like it has never happened before.
Get real folks, the title IMHO will come down to the finale round in Pomona.
How many titles have been won or lost in the finnale round?
The fuel motor has a mind of their own. Look at Tony S. being #1 qualifer and going out first round. For that mater how many drivers WANT to be #1 qualifer this year what with the track record of #1 qualifer.
NO the TF race isn't over.
As for FC a JF car will win but would like Ron to take the title.
Wonder if Don S. will put some of his laundry on Ebay seeing how he won't need some of then shirts.
Could be a great donation to RFC or DRAW
Hey Don S.are you reading this?? I would bet alot of Maters would love to purchase a shirt.

Just think, every class will be this exciting next year with the new Countdown!:D :D :D

Yeah and when Morgan Lucas, Tim Wilkerson, Larry Morgan and Shawn Gann are our CHAMPIONS we will just be gleefully happy! Whatever. Nothing against the drivers I mentioned but I really think next year we will have some people not deserving to be Champions. Like Shirley said, "Some leaker is going to get lucky and win the damn thing!"

I totally agree next year will not be as exciting

How would the olympics be if they did same.
Only the attention deficit NASCAR guys could come up with such a dumb plan.
NASCAR= can't comprend any race that lasts less than 7 seconds.
Who else goes around and round looking for a finish line. Be smart and go dragracing./ The finish line is only 1320 feet away.

I know, I know...............I guess the Pittsburg Steelers were the Leakers of the NFL last year, because we all know that the Indy Colts were the true Season Champions!

I know, I know...............I guess the Pittsburg Steelers were the Leakers of the NFL last year, because we all know that the Indy Colts were the true Season Champions!

A playoff system works for sports teams. Its the only way to determine a champion. Is it right that a team can go undefeated in the regular season and then have to play a team that is 8-8 on the year and in one game if they lose, its over. I think playoff's suck to be honest. That was one of the reasons I like NHRA. It USED to actually reward the best person/team for the course of a year. And by the way, the Colts were the BEST team in the league last year by far even if they didnt get to the Super Bowl and they dont have anything to show for it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back