The End (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
What does it take rounds and bonus points, nationl records for John Force and Tony Shoe to win the World Champion ship

Both Force and Tony Shoe are are now playling catch up, so the question is what does it take round wise, bonus points, record wise national Et record to end up with the champion ship, it's a clear question I think.

Force is 37 points behind Hagan ... so Force needs to go 2 rounds further than Hagan in eliminations (and picking up the little points in qualifying wouldn't hurt none either). If Hagan makes it to the semis at Pomona, it's academic.

Shoe is 85 points behind Dixon ... so Shoe basically needs a miracle. He would need for Dixon not to qualify and Shoe win the race. If Dixon qualifies, Shoe needs for him to go out first round, Shoe would have to win the race and set the national ET record. Picking up all the little points he can during qualifying is also a good idea. If Dixon gets to the second round at Pomona, it's a wrap.

Larry & Tony:

Tony is 85 back so if he is #1 in all 4 sessions of qualifying, that will give him 12 points. Let's say Larry doesn't qualify in the top 3 of any session. Then Tony will be 73 back. He would have to win the race and Larry will have to go out in the 1st round to win the race on round wins alone. If Larry wins in Round 1, Tony would have to set a national ET record and back it up and Larry would have to go out in Round 2.

John & Matt:

John is 37 back so if he is #1 in all 4 sessions of qualifying, that will give him 12 points. He'll then be only 25 back. John would only have to advance two rounds farther than Hagan to win the championship. Matt would have to go out in Round 2, at the latest. If John is able to set an ET record, that gives him another 20 points and Matt could get taken out in the semi's and John could still win by making it to the final, even if he doesn't win, with the ET record.

I did that all in my head right before I'm leaving work so I hope it's correct. There are a ton of permutations of that formula with qualifying points involved but you get the general idea.

Hagan can go out in the semis and if John wins the race he will pass him if he stays less than 40 points back of him after qualifying.....should be exciting

Bernie, Chris, Mike, Nick

In 1998 our team of Andrews-Cragg -Crothers won the World Championship in Comp Eliminator, With the help of the
Legends of Comp racing team and greart friends Ambrose-Argenta- Huettman. it went down to Pomona. The blood bath was at Firebird, there where a few heavy hitters that could have ended it for us but there but we survived, then on to Pomona where Santos Volpe or David Rampey could have ended it, the way it went down Laughing Larry Pritchett took out Mr. Volope and we had the The Big Wally Won It;s a thrill you can't explain
When Larry took Santos out, Larry said he didn't do it for us, he said I race to Win, True Racer,and went on to win the race
Force and Hagan are where we where but a the top level.
Is this clear Nick?
Good luck to Force, Hagan, Dixon & Littel Shoe

Force is 37 points behind Hagan ... so Force needs to go 2 rounds further than Hagan in eliminations (and picking up the little points in qualifying wouldn't hurt none either). If Hagan makes it to the semis at Pomona, it's academic.

Shoe is 85 points behind Dixon ... so Shoe basically needs a miracle. He would need for Dixon not to qualify and Shoe win the race. If Dixon qualifies, Shoe needs for him to go out first round, Shoe would have to win the race and set the national ET record. Picking up all the little points he can during qualifying is also a good idea. If Dixon gets to the second round at Pomona, it's a wrap.

As much as I would LOVE to see Matt win it, I sense a Major choke in the works! Force beat him in Vegas with a .23 are you kidding me?? But....I will gladly take it back if the Diehard team can handle the pressure and Git-R-Done!

Since I don't keep up with it as much as I used to I was just wondering who would be the points leader/champ under the old points system? Obviously Mike Edwards and Larry Dixon would have but I really don't care enough about top fuel, funny car or the bikes to keep up with it anymore.

As much as I would LOVE to see Matt win it, I sense a Major choke in the works! Force beat him in Vegas with a .23 are you kidding me?? But....I will gladly take it back if the Diehard team can handle the pressure and Git-R-Done!

I think Matt & Tommy (or Tommy & Matt) will be just fine. That car has been tough since Chicago (two national records), and whereas they may not be winning every event, I think they're going to go far enough to hold off Force.

Side Note: I loved Matt's comment about Tommy saying he was a duck - heavy on top, but wheels turnin' below the surface. Hilarious!!

At one point in the Vegas race it was said Hagan and Force would be tied under the old system. Hey Richard, what class in Comp did you guys win the title with? I love Comp, my dad raced A/A when I was a kid.

"We've to the phone, Joe in Albuquerque. Let me get this straight, you're calling for a choke job 11 days outs?" :)

Hope you laid the $$$ down on the TTech vs. Texas AM OVER last weekend?

At one point in the Vegas race it was said Hagan and Force would be tied under the old system. Hey Richard, what class in Comp did you guys win the title with? I love Comp, my dad raced A/A when I was a kid.

We ran a Inline 6 Ford. 300 inches, it had a Alan Johnson billet head, it was sure different. The class was E/D.

Sarge in a position again that he was in back in 06-07. Lets see if he can pull another monster come back and net up another championship. Army Strong!

Sarge in a position again that he was in back in 06-07. Lets see if he can pull another monster come back and net up another championship. Army Strong!
He's chasing a whole different operation than during that season. AJ/Dixon team has been the class of T/F all season. That wasn't the case for Doug K. during 2006. With that said 85 points is light years with 4 rounds of racing left in the season.

Of course all the "little" points will play a role. So, the way I see it is ...

• If Dixon is a DNQ (unlikely), Schumacher needs to win the race and earn 6 more qualifying points than Dixon.
  • If Dixon goes out in round 1, Schumacher must win and either needs a National record or earn 6 more qualifying points than Dixon.
  • If Dixon goes out in Rd. 2, Schumacher must win, set the National record, and earn 6 more qualifying points than Dixon.
  • If Dixon makes it to the semi's ... its over regardless.
A Veeeeeeeery tall order in my opinion considering the 2 combatant teams.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back