world records (1 Viewer)

They will insure weird stuff like Gene Simmons’s tongue and off the wall stuff but not a high risk individual such as a race car driver.
What are the chances of something happening to Gene’s tongue as opposed to what are the chances of a race car driver being killed?
High risk is high risk.

I understand they do take 'the bet' on a good number of F-1 drivers, besides most of the world shipping. I never said it would be cheap, but, LLOYD's will do it.

d'kid

They should suspend the award of any points in the nitro classes but begin to establish records this weekend. Costs nothing and changes nothing but it establishes the ability for sponsors to use for advertising and in the off chance that they remain with 1000 ft. next year they have something in the record books.

No need to go back in time. We're starting new, 1K'. If someone sets it at Denver, then let them have the points and the record. If it takes till Seattle, Sonoma, Brainerd, so what.

With the CDS, the points are adjusted after Indy anyway, so it won't have much impact on the championship. Let the driver, team, sponsor, and media bask in being "THE FIRST" natl record holder at !k'.

We like GOOD press, why not allow it.???

I understand they do take 'the bet' on a good number of F-1 drivers, besides most of the world shipping. I never said it would be cheap, but, LLOYD's will do it.

d'kid

Definitely they will, but after several major disasters (Hurricanes Andrew, Katrina & Rita in the US alone) around the world in the space of a few short years they had substantial losses that meant that costs will be passed forward to customers. I think I read something about it in last years Berkshire-Hathaway annual report.

d'kid

F-1 Drivers make how much a year and how much does a T/F or F/C driver make?
F-1 drivers can afford the premiums the latter couldn't. ;)
For what it cost to run just 1 F-1 Team you could fund an entire field of Top Fuel and F/C not a good comparison.

Lloyds is just a syndicate of underwriters. There is no "Lloyds of London" company to take the "bet". What you need to do is convince one member of the pool of individual underwriters that this is a good risk, that they will eventually make more off premiums + interest on the float than off the payout. As sensational news reports (Simmons tongue) routinely show, you probably could convince one of them to write a policy on anything if the payout is small enough or the premium is high enough.

My point/question was/is: is racer's life and/or health insurance commonplace? I would imagine that John Force, as most wealthy people, would not have life insurance, it's just a bad investment. And I would imagine no company would underwrite his health insurance, so there too, he'd be self-insured. But how about Gary Densham or Tim Wilkerson? Or even Frank Manzo? Hmmm...???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back