Time for new names? (1 Viewer)

I totally agree. I think little things like this is why some people think our sport is so confusing. So this category is called Top Alcohol dragster so that means they run on alcohol, correct ? Well, no. But I guess you could also say why is the category called Top Fuel ? What kind of Fuel ? Gasoline is Fuel , correct ?

"Top Fuel" would indicate the fuel that makes the most power, smells the best, sounds the best, blows up the best and is actually the lifeblood of the Pro categories. Hence the name "Top"

Last edited:
I think they need to up the promotion of these classes, especially since they have huge Smoke star power currently. I think they need to find class sponsors and name it after them. Same as they did in the 90’s with Federal Mogul Dragster/Funny Car.

I think they need to up the promotion of these classes, especially since they have huge Smoke star power currently. I think they need to find class sponsors and name it after them. Same as they did in the 90’s with Federal Mogul Dragster/Funny Car.
I'm sure they would if the money is right

With the introduction of Nitro into TAFC and it already being used in TAD I'd say it's time for a name change.
My suggestion is Pro Comp Funny Car PC/FC and Pro Comp Dragster PC/D.
Let's hear what everyone has to say.
LIke it. Good idea!

I don't think seperating blown alky dragster to a seperate catagory would work, just cuz there are so few BAD's anymore.

this makes the most sense. give a plug to the money behind the series........Lucas Oil Funny Car and Lucas Oil Dragster

this makes the most sense. give a plug to the money behind the series........Lucas Oil Funny Car and Lucas Oil Dragster
The money behind the series is already getting their plug. It's called The Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series. When it was called Federal Mogul Dragster and Funny Car, I remember people asking what happened to TA/D and TA/FC ? It lost It's identity IMO.
Pro Comp Dragster and Funny Car, maybe?

The money behind the series is already getting their plug. It's called The Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series. When it was called Federal Mogul Dragster and Funny Car, I remember people asking what happened to TA/D and TA/FC ? It lost It's identity IMO.
Pro Comp Dragster and Funny Car, maybe?
The alcohol classes aren’t considered pro classes. I don’t think the word “pro” should be associated. I think a better name could be found. It surely is confusing for new fans to have nitro powered cars in an “alcohol” class. Still, I think the best decision is to name them after a major supporting sponsor.

The alcohol classes aren’t considered pro classes. I don’t think the word “pro” should be associated. I think a better name could be found. It surely is confusing for new fans to have nitro powered cars in an “alcohol” class. Still, I think the best decision is to name them after a major supporting sponsor.
Did you ever hear about the Pro Comp class?

Anyone remember when Federal-Mogul "bought" or "rented" the alcohol classes for a few years...talk about confusing - try explaining to a newbee what a "Federal-Mogul Funny Car" or Dragster is (was) lol.

Anyone remember when Federal-Mogul "bought" or "rented" the alcohol classes for a few years...talk about confusing - try explaining to a newbee what a "Federal-Mogul Funny Car" or Dragster is (was) lol.
That was when Federal Mogul was the sportsman series sponsor, like Lucas Oil is today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back