Team Orders Addressed? (1 Viewer)

I am almost speechless...

PJ, you had me worried for a second.

They always talk about how the crew chiefs can set the cars up to run just about any number. So in the case of team cars, say the track will hold a 4.75 pass and they set car "A" up to run 4.80 and car "B" to run a 4.90. Except for a mechanical failure or smoke car "A" wins and no proof. (I know it is simplified but you get the idea)

As for non-team cars they will have to "prove" collusion between drivers for it to be by definition team orders. Two totally unrelated teams with one in (A) and one out (B) of the count down. Team "B" decides to run slow so good friend and pal team "A" can win. No orders or agreements just one team on their own deciding to do something for a buddy. No team (unrelated) orders (no agreement or encentive) no penalty.

A lot of teams have done it. Steve Evans (RIP) did a segment on that question (diving ) when Tony P was with Force racing. He showed how it was done by taking out a clutch disk a what would happen. It only was on TV once. Maybe you think he was taking out his a** too.

Well they wanted to be BIG time.. guess now they can be compared to F1,,lol,,, jumped right over NASCAR....lol.....

Jeez what did they think was going to happen...great Brain trust there NHRA.....lol

Billy

Well two things are pretty appearent.

#1 is the the real points race is over and Ron Capps is the 2007 World Champ as anything from Indy on is meaningless by anybodys standards. :rolleyes:

Congrats RC, job well done. :cool:

#2 You kids have done an amazing job of typing 3-pages of posts without a fight between members. Probably a record, but congratulations none the less :D

Rapid

Well two things are pretty appearent.

#1 is the the real points race is over and Ron Capps is the 2007 World Champ as anything from Indy on is meaningless by anybodys standards. :rolleyes:

Congrats RC, job well done. :cool:

#2 You kids have done an amazing job of typing 3-pages of posts without a fight between members. Probably a record, but congratulations none the less :D

Rapid

Awesome! That also means Hot Rod Fuller is champ as well. Think you can talk Glendora into making it official, Randy?;)

I'll respectfully disagree with everything in this post.

NHRA has created a monster that there is no taming.
They have painted themselves into a corner with no acceptable way out.
Jeff did a most noble gesture for a valued teammate. We would have done the same thing if my sons were racing each other when one had no chance to go on and the other had a shot at the big prize. We wouldn't have lied about it or made it seem as if "something went wrong" we would simply stage the car and give up the win to the teammate.

Doc,

I didn't mean to imply that I disapproved of what Jeff did. Trust me, I see the business of it all and I too would have done the same thing.

The point I was trying to make is that we shouldn't at all be surprised that the NHRA came out with this ultimatum after such a blatant dive. Ya' gotta admit......this one's a bit hard to cover up unlike most other "dives" that get followed by such BS lines like, "We were just too agressive with our set up."

Bill, I will have my people on it tomorrow 1st thing. ;)

Careful Kelly,,,,I have Laura's ok on the girlfriend deal. It of course comes with a few stipulations. The new girl must:

Do Half the cooking, cleaning, running Mike around to different activities and friends houses. Surrender 1/2 her paycheck everyweek, and be willing to PUT UP WITH ME!

So far the last one has been the deal breaker,,,but I still have hope! :D

Rapid

Team Orders Addressed? Could we see this document?

Bennett and Burk have referred to this purported message from NHRA to Pro teams. Does it actually exist? If it is official, why has NHRA.com not reported this? Scoop . . . are ya watching?

Re: Team Orders Addressed? Could we see this document?

Bennett and Burk have referred to this purported message from NHRA to Pro teams. Does it actually exist? If it is official, why has NHRA.com not reported this? Scoop . . . are ya watching?
Jim-
It does exist, it is for real...
NHRA will deny everything as usual- oopps!! I mean- :eek:
.com would not report it for public consumption, it does'nt concern the paying customer, right-:rolleyes:

I'll be in hiding now- :eek:

Be good you crazy kids- :D

Last edited:

In NASCAR blocking for a teamate is an every day event. And its very open. Taking a dive for a teamate in NHRA is very easy. There are a hundred things that can and do cause a car to run a tad slow or smoke the tires. And there is no way to prove it. NHRA just does'nt want the teams talking about it in advance. They want it to look real ....... even though everyone knows that its much easier to lose a race than to win one. And if NHRA does accuse anyone of wrong doing they will look very bad. Unless someone comes to the line with the parachute already out.

a reliable source sent me a the letter, it is for real and from the desk of Mr Light

a reliable source sent me a the letter, it is for real and from the desk of Mr Light

I too, received a copy from an infamous 'reliable source', and I concur with PJ.

Judging by the reactions of some of the teams, (laughter) GL may well deny ever having issued it though. HA! ;)

My guess is that no one will be diving at Indy. After that, all bets are off. Blow the "ahooga" horn 3 times and DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!

(Suggested spell check replacement for ahooga--mahogany, cahoots, cahoot's, cahoot, and yahoos. Pick your favorite.)

Sounds like my "McDive" WAV file I made years ago on AOL in honor of the McDonalds Pro Stock team... Bobby should remember that one! ;) Seems timely these days (hmmm... maybe I should make it available again...)

"the poster formerly known as RacerX"
Robert

Last edited:
i still hope that a lesser funded.... single car team walks off with this deal....in every class... then the NHRA will release a statement that thats what they wanted... for everyone to have a chance.... then they will go into hiding .. when the big sponsors ..teams ..drivers and owners come looking to put a head on the platter...

realisticly speaking... you are possibly about see something very bad happen in NHRA....worse than teams members taking a dive..... Currently in NASCAR several temas have sponsorships that only pay leading up to their "Chase".... if they make the top 12 for the championship.. the get the remainder of the year paid for... if not.. they still have to run but at no payment.. or a lesser value payment for sponsorship..... if this type situatin comes over to the NHRA.. how many teams will still be out there after the cut offs?

Billy

Larry Reyes took a dive for Leonard Hughes in the final round of Funny Car at the 1970 Gatornationals.

Larry Minor TRIED to take a dive for Gary Beck at the 1983 CajunNationals. After Beck Broke, Minor got on the brakes hard, only to win his first national meet anyways.

Diving has been around the sport as long as there have been team cars........:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back