Orders from above? (1 Viewer)

Butch

Nitro Member
Just a thought, but my impression of this weeks PS performance of the Summit team. Has orders been given to turn the wick down a bit. Or maybe in testing mode.
Just putting this out for conversation not to start a war.

I think it's just the other guys catching up.I talked to a friend of mine who works for a nascar engine building team in north Carolina,and he said that one of shane grays engine guys has been spending 18 hours a day at there shop trying different intake manifolds and fuel injection fuel and timing combinations,and they are just figuring out what works and what doesn't.The summit cars are running Hogan intake manifolds.I find it surprising that the secret in those manifolds hasn't slipped out yet.It used to be the cylinder heads that helped make all the power,now it's the intake manifold and knowing how to program the ecm for timing,fuel curve,and shift points.Jason Line is an expert at that.

Just a thought, but my impression of this weeks PS performance of the Summit team. Has orders been given to turn the wick down a bit. Or maybe in testing mode.
Just putting this out for conversation not to start a war.
I thought the exact same

I often have that feeling about PS motorcycle, but I have a harder time with the cars. I hope they are all trying 100%.

When it was carburetors it was WILSON manifolds. I believe they were exclusive with them.

I think it's just the other guys catching up.I talked to a friend of mine who works for a nascar engine building team in north Carolina,and he said that one of shane grays engine guys has been spending 18 hours a day at there shop trying different intake manifolds and fuel injection fuel and timing combinations,and they are just figuring out what works and what doesn't.The summit cars are running Hogan intake manifolds.I find it surprising that the secret in those manifolds hasn't slipped out yet.It used to be the cylinder heads that helped make all the power,now it's the intake manifold and knowing how to program the ecm for timing,fuel curve,and shift points.Jason Line is an expert at that.

they have about 2 to 3 huns on the field and while that's a lot in pro stock, it is by no means insurmountable and wouldn't warrant any interaction from those from "above". back in the mid 90's there were times when WJ had 7 huns on the next closest car and I think at one point in gliddens career he had a tenth on the competition.

Directive From Glendora, CA 7/10/2016-

Attention Race Directors @ Rt 66 Raceway,

In order to make Pro Stock racing more popular and exciting, tell Bo Butner if he wins today Jason will stop calling him Bob Utner......

Denver will be the great equalizer. You heard it first here, a non KB team will win the Mile High's! I believe with the conditions at Denver, everyone will need to try different things to overcome and they will learn a lot and that will transfer to the rest of the season.

Denver will be the great equalizer. You heard it first here, a non KB team will win the Mile High's! I believe with the conditions at Denver, everyone will need to try different things to overcome and they will learn a lot and that will transfer to the rest of the season.

I like the gutsy prediction. Everybody knows Allen Johnson's the king of the mountain. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back