The E.T.'s we should expect at Bandimere now that it's 1000'. (1 Viewer)

Frank

Nitro Member
I looked at the data to see what kind of numbers we should be seeing. I couldn't find any incrementals for Joe Amato's track record 4.58 back in '99, so I went with numbers from last year's race when there were a bunch of low 4.60's. I'm posting what the run was at 1000' followed by the 1320' time.

D. Grubnic 3.913, 4.612
J.R. Todd 3.914, 4.617
M. Troxel 3.925, 4.610
R. Fuller 3.927, 4.615
T. Shumacher 3.944, 4.634

As you can see, Grubnic would have been the #1 qualifier at last year's race based on the above numbers.
As for Funny Car, I couldn't find any incrementals. I think Bob Orme posts on here so Bob, if you read this, post some incrementals for us this year! :)

Robert Hight has the track record at 4.79 319 set back in '05. Based on the math and the fact that he was going just as fast if not faster than the above cars at the finish line I think his 1000' time would have been somewhere near 4.09 or 4.10.

To summarize I guess we can say that a good run in TF will be in the low 3.90's and a great run would be in the high 3.80's. For FC, a good run will be in the low 4.teens area and a great run would be in the 4.oh's. Maybe the crew chiefs will 'turn the wick up' quicker making these times a little slow, but at least this will give us some sort of a baseline.

Last edited:
With cooler weather, new racing surface and a cooling system under the starting line I will guess 3.83 will be low et in Top Fuel. I also expect a bunch of holeshot victories. Losing 320' of track is a ton when your trying to catch your opponent. This gives an advantage to Herbert, Lucas, Dixon and Fuller. This should also hurt Will, McClenathan and Bernstein. For Funny Car the best leavers are Tony Pedregon, Beckman, Tasca, Cruz Pedregon, Capps and Scelzi. While it hurts Ashley Force, Densham, Troxel and Tolliver.

As for Funny Car, I couldn't find any incrementals. I think Bob Orme posts on here so Bob, if you read this, post some incrementals for us this year!
I'll be posting incrementals, assuming Bob Brockmeyer and Larry Sullivan can get together and have our CompuLink data capture software working with the new format. ;)

I guess there could be lots of chances to get world records if this becomes permanent. I wonder how they will address the points for records??

hey Bob the data feed is all worked no change on your part.
jeff
Cool, thanks Jeff! :)

Larry will still have to add a new course length option to dragwin so our software will recognize that 1000' is the finish line for those two classes.

Are you gonna be there, or are you making Bob do all of the work? ;) Oops, dumb question. I imagine you'll be too busy making the changes at the tracks in Kent and Sonoma.

no worry Bob and Dave it will come down the data stream as the same code as 1/4 finish, just like we did for the 1/8 at san antonio.
I will not be at denver, my one race off for the year.
Pacific and Infinion are already having the walls cored for the speed start IRs.

David or Bob, since all the teams get a spreadsheet of the incrementals at the end of each session, would it be possible for you guys to post them as a separate entry at DRC for all us number geeks?

Thanks for considering my request,
Mike

David or Bob, since all the teams get a spreadsheet of the incrementals at the end of each session, would it be possible for you guys to post them as a separate entry at DRC for all us number geeks?

Thanks for considering my request,
Mike
As far as I know, there isn't a way for us to do that using our current software. We can put incrementals in the commentaries for each pair while doing side-by-side coverage, and I try to remember to do so except on aborted runs. Also, it is very rare for one of us to be covering both Top Fuel and Funny Car at the same event. I'm working with Rick in Denver, and I'll let him know that folks will be interested in seeing the incrementals in the nitro class he'll be covering.

Bob, I applaud each and every one of you at the Fast News Network for what you do. I just thought it would be a simple copy and paste operation, I didn't know that it took additional software to be able to create it as a separate page. Thanks for the info, and keep up the excellent work!

Bob, I applaud each and every one of you at the Fast News Network for what you do. I just thought it would be a simple copy and paste operation, I didn't know that it took additional software to be able to create it as a separate page. Thanks for the info, and keep up the excellent work!
Thank you for the kind words Mike, they are appreciated!

The only files that include incrementals that could be copied and pasted would be the capture files, which is the raw data feed that includes some of the computer code associated with it. It wouldn't make much sense, be difficult to read, and since each number generated for each lane has its own line, the capture files are very long. It's kinda hard to explain without actually showing it to you. Our software converts the raw data into run logs that we can access and edit as necessary, but that conversion creates a spreadsheet environment (with individual cells for each piece of information) instead of a text file readout like what the track computer prints out. Copy and paste doesn't work with the spreadsheet, and even it includes other added info that would make it quite a bit different from the track computer run log printout.

I'm not saying we couldn't produce run logs, but we can't do so now with how our current software is written. What we produce is pretty much dictated by what those who pay for our work want us to produce. I can tell you that we make every effort to improve and expand our product every year.

Thanks again!

Bob :)

With cooler weather, new racing surface and a cooling system under the starting line I will guess 3.83 will be low et in Top Fuel. I also expect a bunch of holeshot victories. Losing 320' of track is a ton when your trying to catch your opponent. This gives an advantage to Herbert, Lucas, Dixon and Fuller. This should also hurt Will, McClenathan and Bernstein. For Funny Car the best leavers are Tony Pedregon, Beckman, Tasca, Cruz Pedregon, Capps and Scelzi. While it hurts Ashley Force, Densham, Troxel and Tolliver.

Excellent point,this will totally eliminate driving around someone after a bad light

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back