The first 3 second Top Fuel car (1 Viewer)

Chili

Nitro Member
With the new change to 1000' racing, we will see the first 3 second top fuel car in Denver. Last year Troxel ran 3.925 at 1000' on her #1 qualifying pass of 4.61. I would expect them to run in the 3.80's on the new concrete surface.

the numbers will be absolutely meaningless now after years of tradition, unless this is the beginning of a new tradition...i don't support a interim solution, either 1000 now until whenever or not.

the numbers will be absolutely meaningless now after years of tradition, unless this is the beginning of a new tradition...i don't support a interim solution, either 1000 now until whenever or not.

bite your tongue. 85% didn't last and I hope like hell this doesn't either.

With the new change to 1000' racing, we will see the first 3 second top fuel car in Denver. Last year Troxel ran 3.925 at 1000' on her #1 qualifying pass of 4.61. I would expect them to run in the 3.80's on the new concrete surface.

In just one race Denver will have the fastest track in the country!:p

going to interesting the fans reaction on friday night when the cars shut off 2/3 of the way down the track and realize that was a complete run

I guess this means that Brainerd will be the world's fastest racetrack for quite a while. Not to digress but that was one of the big thrills was seeing the numbers come up on the scoreboard after a big run, now they don't mean a thing.

Quickest, not fastest...

like I said, I'm getting my Richmond Tickets in the next couple of days...

d'kid

Quickest, not fastest...

like I said, I'm getting my Richmond Tickets in the next couple of days...

d'kid

Well said Karl! I don't know why some people are acting like this (1,000 ft Fuel racing) is the end of the world. As long as there is nitro, I will be in Indy and Concord.

How much nitro will this save? :D

Interim or otherwise, if this is the solution that prevents us from losing more of our heroes, then count me in!

How much nitro will this save? :D

Interim or otherwise, if this is the solution that prevents us from losing more of our heroes, then count me in!

I also think car counts will go up.

Less breakage, same purse, the big show, we may see a new era, this ain't a bad thing, just different.

People hate change.........but they will come, they most certainly will come;)

REX

Reminds me of what most of us were saying about championships under the Countdown system! Absolutely meaningless. :D

the only thing worse than complainers, is complaining about complainers...

(naw not too much irony there...)

the only thing worse than complainers, is complaining about complainers...

(naw not too much irony there...)

No, we complain. Anyone who complains about us complaining is whining. :D

Kinda like us being outspoken and anyone else bashing.

Which is kinda like my being cost effective while everyone else is a cheap bastid. (Little Boston lingo from one of my friends)

Which is kinda like if I do more with less, I'm efficient. If you do, you're a lazy bastid. :D

I guess it's all in your perspective. My Boston friend was with me when I tried to buy a six pack of wine coolers at five minutes till noon on a Sunday. We had to walk around the store for five more minutes with me talking about what a sinner I am. My friend says "Yeah but, in five more minutes, do you know what you are?" I said "What?" He says "A thirsty son of a b*tch!" :D

Last edited:
Getting used to the 3/16 mile track instead of the 1/4 mile will take some time. So will the broadcasters refer to it as the 1000 ft race or the 3/16 mile race?

Ron, are you going to wait awhile before you change to 3/16 full not 13/16 empty?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back