Love it or? (1 Viewer)

Rex,

Finally post where I can't get angry at the screen ;)

As for that article centered around GO and Lee, I have that, once I get decent pictures (so it's readable - no scanner here) Ill post it.

Hope you had a good cruise

Regards,

Michael

Afternoon Mikey,
just did some quick math.
if the motor is spinning 8200 for 4.70 that 642revolutions total
if the governor kicks in at 4 seconds (appox 1000ft) that means it is misfiring for 95 revolutions, or the last 15% of WOT... wonder why they blow up?
figures are approximates, as the total rev count on the pass will be less, but the percentage on the governor would be greater....

and this was a good idea how?

d'kid

Glad to oblige :)

Hey, I'm usually on the unpopular side, I don't know why, that is just the way it always has been.:eek:

Drives my wife nuts too........(so you guys ain't the only ones;))

Anyway, I still have the article also, if I can find it this afternoon I'll post it if you are having problems......

BTW, wasn't that article great?

Relevant then as today, funny how times change but the basics remain the same.

And yes, my cruise was great, hot, but went to a picnic with a hundred or so friends.

Out almost all afternoon.

Regards back at 'cha

REX

A great read indeed. Also note from the article "At Roughly $950 per 50 Gallon drum" Boy have times changed on that one.

"Destination 300 mph in 1320 feet, with a connecting flight or two in between"

If you have a scanner Rex, then Ill get you to put it up, be easier for the people on here to read, then to damage their eyes looking at my pics of it.

Was this a Camaro crusie kind of deal you went on today?

Afternoon Mikey,
just did some quick math.
if the motor is spinning 8200 for 4.70 that 642revolutions total
if the governor kicks in at 4 seconds (appox 1000ft) that means it is misfiring for 95 revolutions, or the last 15% of WOT... wonder why they blow up?
figures are approximates, as the total rev count on the pass will be less, but the percentage on the governor would be greater....

and this was a good idea how?

d'kid

Morning K man. (It's night here now 22.46) Yep just 12 hours ahead of you. That is some very cringing math right there... Who at NHRA decided that this was to be the key to slowing the cars down? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the Bday wishes a couple week back too :)

Morning K man. (It's night here now 22.46) Yep just 12 hours ahead of you. That is some very cringing math right there... Who at NHRA decided that this was to be the key to slowing the cars down? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the Bday wishes a couple week back too :)

Okay, it will be 2AM for you for the first round... take it you're rolling tape... and i'm think about taking a nap before this thing starts today...

only coffee in the house is hazelnut mocha something... and i gave up the booze fer this... go check my album, four nice shots of Anita, the second love of my life... all i can say is black is beautiful...

d'kid

Okay, it will be 2AM for you for the first round... take it you're rolling tape... and i'm think about taking a nap before this thing starts today...

only coffee in the house is hazelnut mocha something... and i gave up the booze fer this... go check my album, four nice shots of Anita, the second love of my life... all i can say is black is beautiful...

d'kid

Yep, long wait, but hearing the first round live is the only way, that's if my eyes don't close on me haha. That and the coverage of the race is not shown for long after, and I have no access to it, so audiocast is my only way.

Is Anita the kitty? or the Mustang?

Yep, long wait, but hearing the first round live is the only way, that's if my eyes don't close on me haha. That and the coverage of the race is not shown for long after, and I have no access to it, so audiocast is my only way.

Is Anita the kitty? or the Mustang?

The kitty's Angel
The Stang is Anita... ALL cars are female.

d'kid

A great read indeed. Also note from the article "At Roughly $950 per 50 Gallon drum" Boy have times changed on that one.

"Destination 300 mph in 1320 feet, with a connecting flight or two in between"

If you have a scanner Rex, then Ill get you to put it up, be easier for the people on here to read, then to damage their eyes looking at my pics of it.

Was this a Camaro crusie kind of deal you went on today?

I am still looking........

I have virtually EVERY drag racing mag dating back to around 1969:eek: including Hot Rod back to 1958 and I think Car and Driver to 1973:eek:

Yeah, I have a understanding wife.................

When I get a rain day I'll dig the dang thing out. I have a idea where it is, need my GPS to get out though:D

No, I just went to a picnic.

A lot of 'Vette and Mopar stuff around here, that's fine, I like all old Muscle Cars, thing that I don't like, are shows that stress pre ,say, 1980 iron, and a brand spankin' new '08 Z06 shows up, and wins a TROPHY:confused:, like I said, love 'em all, but they have their own shows........

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back