Love it or? (1 Viewer)

The Tour de France will be four laps around the effeil Tower

Baseball will now be 2 strikes and your out. And 7 innings.

It will be the Indy 350

Football will change to 85 yards , 3 quarters.

Colt will make a six shooters that holds 5 bullets

Stereo will use one speaker

Rex will not notice these changes

Rex will be very very happy.

The Tour de France will be four laps around the effeil Tower

Baseball will now be 2 strikes and your out. And 7 innings.

It will be the Indy 350

Football will change to 85 yards , 3 quarters.

Colt will make a six shooters that holds 5 bullets

Stereo will use one speaker

Rex will not notice these changes

Rex will be very very happy.

Sorry to upset ya':rolleyes:

But I did not ask for or make the rule.

Well.........I'm takin my Supercharged small block '68 Camaro out for a cruise.

THAT makes me..........VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ta Ta...........

TREX

Last edited:
i really hope they come up with a solution soon cause i really wanted to check out that new 4 lane north Carolina track, but i am not driving hundreds of miles for 1000ft racing !! :p

Sorry to upset ya':rolleyes:

But I did not ask for or make the rule.

Well.........I'm takin my Supercharged small block '68 Camaro out for a cruise.

THAT makes me..........VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ta Ta...........

TREX

What brand of Super charger ? I have a 69 Z/28 Rally Sport , thats in for a total rotisore restoration, its about 3/4 done. The 302 will be stored for later.
I'm looking for a crate motor. Need imput from people who have tried one. I'm thinking ZZ 383. Need at least 425 hp.

i really hope they come up with a solution soon cause i really wanted to check out that new 4 lane north Carolina track, but i am not driving hundreds of miles for 1000ft racing !! :p

I had planned on going to Charlotte for it's first race, BUT will wait to see what happens with return to 1320. I don't mind low 5's at 275. And it's not worth the airfare and hotel to see 1000 ft. runs. Drag racing is 1/4 mile.
Both on the street and at the track. Alough I no longer would steet race.

What brand of Super charger ? I have a 69 Z/28 Rally Sport , thats in for a total rotisore restoration, its about 3/4 done. The 302 will be stored for later.
I'm looking for a crate motor. Need imput from people who have tried one. I'm thinking ZZ 383. Need at least 425 hp.

AH-HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

NOW we're talkin':D

355 inch, 6-71 Littlefield, Dual 800 Edelbrocks.

Big Al's Toybox in Connecticut.

Al Nadeau.

M-21 trans w/2.20 1st, 3.08 posi.

Car will accelerate VERY hard with this combo. Pump gas, 93 if possible.

I have hooker sidepipes so I run VP 106 now and then for the fragrance:)

Phase I is 450 HP, with smaller pulley I have on (CRS:confused:) and Littlefield over Weiand, 500 HP at the crank.

Great ride, cruise at 65 mph at 2200 RPM. 10-12 mpg city/highway.

Go for it.

You'll be glad you did, wow factor is icing on the cake;)

REX

It needs to be 1320 period. Step up NHRA and fix the tracks with bad shutdowns,or dont go to them tracks.

1st thousand ft race- shumacher wins, 2nd race so far #1 qual 316 plus, he'll probably run the table. boy now thats real exciting huh :rolleyes: zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I saw a lot of tire smoke.

I saw an engine explosion. How many were there that they didn't show?

I saw speeds that are still too fast. Speeds that will continue to go up, even at a thousand feet.

It's a good thing this was a short term fix. Soon, the only thing different than before, will be the 320'.

1st thousand ft race- shumacher wins, 2nd race so far #1 qual 316 plus, he'll probably run the table. boy now thats real exciting huh :rolleyes: zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I hate to break the news to you, but even if they were still going 1320 Schumacher would still be kicking everyone's ass! I just hope Bernstein can break through at some point. Were you zzzzzzzzzz and :rolleyes: when Force dominated the 90's and early 00's and when Ken Black's Pro Stock team dominated a few years ago? That's what I thought......

I hate to break the news to you, but even if they were still going 1320 Schumacher would still be kicking everyone's ass! I just hope Bernstein can break through at some point. Were you zzzzzzzzzz and :rolleyes: when Force dominated the 90's and early 00's and when Ken Black's Pro Stock team dominated a few years ago? That's what I thought......

BOOOYAHHHH!!! Paul laying it down! Jeff quit your sulking!!! You can't stop AJ get use to it!!! :)

So why is this safer ? all but a very few are over 300. And 2 are over 316.
All they gain is 320ft. to slow down. Amazing they can go that fast that quick. But safer .... no. Safer would be 275 at 1320, with parachutes that deployed and did not burn off. Catch systems that were up to the task.
Keep the Nitro , drop the compresson. Less people hurt, less parts used.

So why is this safer ? all but a very few are over 300. And 2 are over 316.
All they gain is 320ft. to slow down. Amazing they can go that fast that quick. But safer .... no. Safer would be 275 at 1320, with parachutes that deployed and did not burn off. Catch systems that were up to the task.
Keep the Nitro , drop the compresson. Less people hurt, less parts used.

I remember a article in Car & Driver in the early nineties about Escalating speeds in Top Fuel, and it centered around Gary Ormsby and specifically Lee Beard.

The whole deal then, as now, was the cars being too fast.

The NHRA's insurers were telling them to slow down the cars before they hit 300mph, as if that were a magic barrier that would immediately make the cars rolling deathtraps and endanger each and every spectator.

One option was reducing engine displacement.

I remember Beard commenting (to paraphrase) "They can reduce size to 400 cubes, and I'll spin 'em 1000 rpm faster and still hit 300 no problem".

His point was that the sanctioning body could do whatever they wanted, and they might delay the inevitable, but it would not stop him or any other good crew chief.

NHRA went to 3.20 gears as a "solution":rolleyes: and the cars took a couple extra years to hit 300.

NHRA can do whatever they can dream of, these cars will slow some, then start hauling ass sooner or later.

Dale Armstrong is undoubtedly a genius, but some where, some one, is out there with a trick or two up their sleeve.

I see a basic problem that a lot of older tracks are unsafe, so, to quote Gary Selzi....... (gotta' argue w/him here;) ) "a inch is as good as a mile"

As long as these things are straining against the limiter, only bad stuff can result.

JMO

REX

So the damage happens after 1000ft right? and the rev limiter kicks in around that distance ? . Thats an interesting coincidence , People used to complain quite a bit about the limiter causing damage yet since the kalitta accident the pro teams seem to have gone quiet publicly about the limiter . All seems a bit strange or I could be looking far to into it all lol

So the damage happens after 1000ft right? and the rev limiter kicks in around that distance ? . Thats an interesting coincidence , People used to complain quite a bit about the limiter causing damage yet since the kalitta accident the pro teams seem to have gone quiet publicly about the limiter . All seems a bit strange or I could be looking far to into it all lol

I really believe the limiter to be the culprit.

Just a plain, flat, wrong idea.

The limiter is most likely not a factor anymore or at least very little, as AJ and Coil have stated that they were on it from around 1000' on.

These things would probably be safer if they let 'em have the 1/4 back, removed the limiter, and let 'em rip.

I'm primarily for the 1000' stuff BECAUSE of that damned thing.

REX

So how fast could they go ? With no restrictions , No rules. Take off the extra weight, take off the rev limiter , 100 % nitro, no gear restrictions. etc.
How fast would they go ? 350 ? And what about et. 4.0 ? That would be amazing to see. Also very unsafe. You would really need a long shut off, and a reliable parachute.

I really believe the limiter to be the culprit.

Just a plain, flat, wrong idea.

The limiter is most likely not a factor anymore or at least very little, as AJ and Coil have stated that they were on it from around 1000' on.

These things would probably be safer if they let 'em have the 1/4 back, removed the limiter, and let 'em rip.

I'm primarily for the 1000' stuff BECAUSE of that damned thing.

REX

Rex,

Finally post where I can't get angry at the screen ;)

As for that article centered around GO and Lee, I have that, once I get decent pictures (so it's readable - no scanner here) Ill post it.

Hope you had a good cruise

Regards,

Michael

So how fast could they go ? With no restrictions , No rules. Take off the extra weight, take off the rev limiter , 100 % nitro, no gear restrictions. etc.
How fast would they go ? 350 ? And what about et. 4.0 ? That would be amazing to see. Also very unsafe. You would really need a long shut off, and a reliable parachute.

Yes, A VERY reliable parachute and a "longer" shut off and safer trap too.

However, I think that the cars would be safer than they are now.

The limiter is a very bad thing.

I have a basic knowledge how it works, and it's scary stuff.

And the Crew Chiefs have been saying it since day one.

REX

Rex,

Finally post where I can't get angry at the screen ;)

As for that article centered around GO and Lee, I have that, once I get decent pictures (so it's readable - no scanner here) Ill post it.

Hope you had a good cruise

Regards,

Michael

Glad to oblige :)

Hey, I'm usually on the unpopular side, I don't know why, that is just the way it always has been.:eek:

Drives my wife nuts too........(so you guys ain't the only ones;))

Anyway, I still have the article also, if I can find it this afternoon I'll post it if you are having problems......

BTW, wasn't that article great?

Relevant then as today, funny how times change but the basics remain the same.

And yes, my cruise was great, hot, but went to a picnic with a hundred or so friends.

Out almost all afternoon.

Regards back at 'cha

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back