TAD and the PRESS or the lack there of! (1 Viewer)

so much for surprises CJ :D:D

Anyway, Paul, I know about the "disbanding" sort of, of TARA.

I've had many, many, Many requests about revisiting it and maybe even spear heading it back to life. But it can't happen without revisions nor can it happen without support, and not just from the Alky class. So I have to see all the info before any intelligent comments can really be made about it.

:)

Writing Press releases and mailing them out are great IF your racing! Trying to find sponsorship while your car's parked is kinda tough. Ask Dean Skuza...

Joe,
Maybe people misunderstood my original thread. I'm not looking for press for me to gain sponsorship. It was about my semi-pro brothern and lack of press for them as I am not running at this point. I was there with a good friend of mine D7 and number 5 in the world TAD Duane Shields.....

Again this was to question the lack of press for the 3rd fastest class in the world not for me!!!

KB :cool:

Hey Kevin, I hear what you're saying for sure.

I feel the need to repost this and revise it a little as I received a pretty negative PM from someone and hopefully this will answer their question.

Paul, I've been in contact with many of the TARA folks. All the minutes, bylaws, itinery's and agendas will be here any day so that we can review and see what needs to be updated, revised etc.......

Hopefully, this can work in conjunction with the new NHRA Sportsman advisory committee, and we can put together a cohesive program that will ensure more visability and win/win solutions for both sides, business and competition. Please note, this is Team Work and there are no "I's" in the word Team.

It takes time though, and I know many are frustrated and feel they have already put in their time, that's okay, maybe now we just have to rethink and make our proposals with renewed hope, effort and creativity since we've experienced so many rule changes over the last 4 years.

The main thing is, there are no guarantee's. Racing is our drug of choice. And I know from many of the conversation's that I've had from some of the former members of TARA (who are in 100% support of revisiting this iniative) they did get things accomplished with NHRA and there were results. With Shelly's untimely death (R.I.P), as a Group, I personally would like to try again in Honor of her name. Now does that mean it will be TARA or SRAC? (Sportsman Racer's Advisory Committee) SRAC to me looks like we can have thousands of sportsman racer's input rather than representation from our class only of which I started participating in, hmmm, oh yeah, back in the seventies as a kid with the Gasparrelli Family. (quite contrary to the PM that I received).

I hope that we can all work together towards solutions and maybe get some of the people who have "Quit" racing for whatever reason, back to the track and with a positive outlook for the future.

Gee Nancy... I've recieved negative comments in the past... Same group of people?

CJ Curtsinger

I don't know CJ, I'm not going to tell anyone who it is, maybe that person is just having a bad day :eek:

I have a dumb question... but, here goes... First, u-tube is already a video format that is there... why not create a site that links the ladders with the videos and use the formats that are already available? Or would that be too slow. Are we talking continuous loops of video or single sets of runs?

I have a dumb question... but, here goes... First, u-tube is already a video format that is there... why not create a site that links the ladders with the videos and use the formats that are already available? Or would that be too slow. Are we talking continuous loops of video or single sets of runs?

Georginna, check post #17 it addresses that very thing about Youtube!

Joe,
Maybe people misunderstood my original thread. I'm not looking for press for me to gain sponsorship. It was about my semi-pro brothern and lack of press for them as I am not running at this point. I was there with a good friend of mine D7 and number 5 in the world TAD Duane Shields.....

Again this was to question the lack of press for the 3rd fastest class in the world not for me!!!
Kevin,

Maybe you misunderstood my reply to your parent note.

Vegas was an unsanctioned test session. How much "press" did the first and second fastest classes in the world get? Not much. ...and those that did, why did they get it....?

I know you aren't currently racing TAD. I fully enjoy the alky classes and understand that (in most cases) the main reason this group of racers is considered to be semi-pro is because very few of them race full-time for a living. Cubic dollars are the name of the game at every level in this sport.

There's nothing wrong with those who can afford to run in these classes out of their own pockets and do so while gaining sponsor funding because of their performance and presence. The "press" they get for the most part is performance and/or sponsor based. They generate it, one way or another. It may be small scale compared to the Pro's, but it really isn't a secret as to how they do it.

Again, I enjoy the alky classes. Those that I have met in these classes (Hi Nancy!) are all top shelf. But, my being part of the media whose product is relatively devoted to die-hard fans, I can tell you that your friends racing today need to do more on their own to get any "ink" outside of the currently available results coverage.

I'm trying to help. I really am! :)

It is sad that tad and tafc do not get the exposure they deserve. Most of these teams are really professional, with huge rigs, large crew etc. I was looking at the entry list for pomona and there is a huge amount of tafc on the list. My hats off to the men and women who run these cars basically out of their pockets. It is a passion for drag racing that drives these people, not tv exposure and limelight. I for one love to watch and listen to these cars. They are truly bad motor scooters.:p

Well Nancy isn't giving up. I know it's hard to keep the head-up when faced with such an uphill struggle.

If you read her bio it seems to be what Nancy thrives on..the challenge. Done it all her life with major success..and the alkies couldn't have a better spokesperson.

This has been a good thread.

Thank you David, I just logged on here and read what you wrote.

That is very Very Kind!! Thank you. Never say Never, there is always a way even through compromise to have success.

Also, I came home to the UPS package with all of the TARA information.

I have an album and some singles to do, and I'll be opening it up later today. I'm sure it will take a few days to digest everything, but at least it's a start to a strong working knowledge for a new beginning point.

Thanks again and Hi Bob!!! (Mushu says hi too :D) See you soon and keep up the great job you do for all of us at DRC!!

Nancy

I wanted to share something with all of you (because sometimes it seems as though misery enjoys company, and it doesn't have to be that way), it's something I have a mounted poster of and when things get tough, I read it, over and over to remain positive and not sweat the small stuff.

To Achieve your DREAMS, Remember your ABC's

A- Avoid negative sources, people, places, things and habits.
B- Believe in Yourself.
C- Consider Things from Every Angle.
D- Don't Give up and don't give in.
E- Enjoy life today, yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come.
F- Family and friends are hiden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.
G- Give more than you planned to.
H- HANG ON TO YOUR DREAMS.
I- IGNORE THOSE WHO TRY TO DISCOURAGE YOU.
J- Just Do It
K- Keep trying no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.
L- Love yourself first and most.
M- Make it Happen
N- Never lie, cheat or steal, always strike a fair deal.
O- Open your eyes and see things as they really are.
P- Practice makes perfect.
Q- QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT.
R- Read, study and learn about everything important in your life.
S- Stop Procrastinating.
T- Take Control of Your Own Destiny
U- Understand yourself in order to better understand others.
V- VISUALIZE IT.
W- WANT IT MORE THAN ANYTHING
X- Xcellerate your efforts.
Y- You are unique of all God's Creations, nothing can replace You.
Z- Zero in on your target and GO FOR IT!

Cheers everyone,

have a Wonderful Day!!!!

Nancy,
I like it ! I just printed that off and it is hanging on the wall in my shop...
Hope to see you guys soon ! We will be out with the ProMod car..
Thanks, Bill Rice

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back