Cody "The Flash" Perkins earns TAD licence (1 Viewer)

Cody "The Flash" Perkins earns TAD licence

Salt Lake City, UT.- 20 year old Cody Perkins made the three passes needed to upgrade his NHRA competition licence over the past weekend at Rocky Mountain Raceway, driving his dad's current Top Alcohol Dragster. Cody accomplished a best of 5.78 at 248.96 MPH at 7200' corrected altitude. "It was great to have a good car I could trust to make the runs. I've got to thank my dad (Bob Perkins) for giving me the opportunity." Cody definitely felt comfortable getting into a car that had just qualified number 2 and out run TAD standout Sean O'bannon at the Fontana Ca. Division 7 race two weeks prior.

In only his second run in the car, Cody bettered his career best E.T. by 2 full seconds with a 5.81 second blast. On the third run he proved that was no fluke by backing it up with the before mentioned 5.78 combined with a .036 reaction time. "I've been asked more times than I can count if I'm taking over the seat, but I know that my dad's experience far outweighs mine. At this point I don't feel confident that I could make all the right decisions if a run wasn't picture perfect, that all comes with experience."

Bob Perkins felt confident letting his son get behind the wheel since Cody has over 12 years of experience driving a dragster in some form or another. "I was proud not only because he handled the car well, but because he had built the engine, transmission, clutch, and tune up himself. He had earned the opportunity to sit behind the wheel."

Although Cody Perkins has no sponsors at this point he'd like to thank Trudy Perkins (Mom) and Bob Perkins (Dad) for all their hard work and support, the Strasburg family for their help, and the Rocky Mountain Raceways staff.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back