TAD and the PRESS or the lack there of! (1 Viewer)

jOkA!

Nitro Member
Just flew in from Vegas...could not wait to see what happened on Sunday at LVMS with TAD....went to a well known website because (until now) always had some (very little but some is better than none) ink for TAD (third fastest class in the world) Saw the Snake got some ink as did Ms. Pruitt....no pics of TAD....WTF?

Without ink these racers (TAD, TAFC) will continue being a filler....and that folks is wrong.....TAD racers pay out of their own pockets to race....without ink they will NEVER make it to the big show....

Third fastest class in the world....has to play by TF rules (within reason) no press, little to no pay and damn sure no respect in the press......(sportsman....how about SEMI-PRO)

I must need more MEDS to want to do this again....

Oh, Mr. Press man.....there are more of us UGLY FAT BALD racers out there than there is young, sexy, beautiful people.....Take that!

I think when I come back out with my son Ty....I'm gonna offer up a lot of cash to those in the press so we don't get swept under the carpet...yea thats the ticket....

KB:mad:

Just flew in from Vegas...could not wait to see what happened on Sunday at LVMS with TAD....went to a well known website because (until now) always had some (very little but some is better than none) ink for TAD (third fastest class in the world) Saw the Snake got some ink as did Ms. Pruitt....no pics of TAD....WTF?

Without ink these racers (TAD, TAFC) will continue being a filler....and that folks is wrong.....TAD racers pay out of their own pockets to race....without ink they will NEVER make it to the big show....

Third fastest class in the world....has to play by TF rules (within reason) no press, little to no pay and damn sure no respect in the press......(sportsman....how about SEMI-PRO)

Oh, Mr. Press man.....there are more of us UGLY FAT BALD racers out there than there is young, sexy, beautiful people.....Take that!

I think when I come back out with my son Ty....I'm gonna offer up a lot of cash to those in the press so we don't get swept under the carpet...yea thats the ticket....

Kevin,

Go to DRC they have all the times and comments about most of the TAD runs. Good to see the blown cars at the top :)

There were a couple pics on comp plus. But I would have liked to have seen more, especially of Whitely's and a little ink wouldn't have taken up that much time.

Mike

I'm completely confused on why they are not afforded more coverage by the drag racing press. Not to mention the mainstream press who barely touches this sport with a ten foot pole!

I have to conclude that they just don't "get it". What it would take for them to "get it" is the 100 million dollar question. All I know is that I really like to watch the alky classes and IMO, its the most competitive and exciting class in drag racing. Its amazing at a national event the crowd clears out for the alky sessions and they run with hardly anyone in the stands. Same with Comp. eliminator. This is some badass racing and people split !!??!!??

These guys spend the large $$ and must do it for their own satisfaction because nobody in large numbers seem to care. Irritating.:rolleyes::confused:

I love the A/Fuelers and both alcohol classes get treated the worst when you consider what they bring to the table.

Last edited:

It was an unsanctioned test session. The track conditions sucked due to the weather. Most real players in every class stayed away. Since it wasn't sanctioned, the funds usually made available for online coverage were short.

The sites for coverage are not at an economy, there are many of them. Don't stand there and whine "look at me!". Generate your own publicity. Write your own press releases, or pay someone else to do them and send them everywhere. Just showing up with a car won't get you ink unless you are breaking records in this case, or beating champions in events that mean something. You have to do more than show up and run.

Bob... You are spot on!

Everyone knows the issues our community has, and loves to talk about them... Yet, very few are active in trying to overcome the issues... Rather than wait for someone to come spend money to do a press release on you (which probably won't happen to many alky level guys), make your own! I know a few people who not only do their own, but help out everyone else by doing theirs too... Besides, who knows what you want said better than you?

CJ Curtsinger

Generate your own publicity. Write your own press releases, or pay someone else to do them and send them everywhere. Just showing up with a car won't get you ink unless you are breaking records in this case, or beating champions in events that mean something. You have to do more than show up and run.

That's an understatement. It's hard work but it comes with the territory for on and off the track performance.

Now you know why we quit:mad: I had a sponsor sealed this year for A-Fuel with possible of moving up in 2009, to big show but after all the crap of late he pulled out only to say he would look at a pro mod if we were interested! he stated as follows:
Exposure
Payout ( ROI )
Rules

He couldn't understand being the 3rd fastest and cost and the structure

Alcohol guys don't have a chance in Hell, the way things are at the present time, & spoke to reps last week no discussion of the issues above:confused:
you better have plenty of K-Y lube this year gonna be typical as seems

On the Sideline in Bama

Hi Guy, sure do miss ya racing :)

You guys, I can help, I really can.

I had to cut my last post short, but once a template is established for a press document, it's really easy to change up, add accomplishments, new sponsor info, race updates, etc.

I've been doing press & proposals for quite a few racers, for three reasons.

I like to help people and if it helps, then awesome!!! (I know it has for Jeff Carroll with Monaco).

Next, I see some of the things you guys are mentioning here, AND I got tired of only seeing in general, the wealthy getting press, usually (not to stereo type anyone, so don't take this the wrong way but...) family money that was given rather than earned with little driving experience or skill for that matter and usually no mechanical skills. (obviously this comment is not to slam anyone, just stating reality as we all know who has worked their butts off and who hasn't)

The only way to enhance the exposure, is to change it. It's kind of like an Indie Artist trying to get recognized by a Major Record Label. They finally threw up their hands and hense Tailgate Sales was born. That got attention, believe me.

I continually research different avenues of exposure Globally, and it takes time, but over time, it pays off. I'll help anyone if you want, but we can do it, it's just a little more work. No BAD JU JU Guys!!! Happy New Years, Remember? Like Erica says below, a media list, works in all aspects of any type of business.

:):)

Sorry, I had to edit this because I'm multi tasking as I'm writing.

Last edited:
Writing Press releases and mailing them out are great IF your racing! Trying to find sponsorship while your car's parked is kinda tough. Ask Dean Skuza...

Exactly!

Active marketing is the difference between those that are known and those that are not. Start developing a media list. Generate press releases. Create a website with an active and subscribe-able news feed. Post videos. Interact with people on social networks.

Heck, I race in Fun Ford Weekend... an org that is dwarfed by NHRA and I still manage a little ink every once in awhile.

If you need help, I can offer my marketing/pr services. ;) (Shameless plug.)

Now you know why we quit:mad: I had a sponsor sealed this year for A-Fuel with possible of moving up in 2009, to big show but after all the crap of late he pulled out only to say he would look at a pro mod if we were interested! he stated as follows:
Exposure
Payout ( ROI )
Rules

He couldn't understand being the 3rd fastest and cost and the structure

Alcohol guys don't have a chance in Hell, the way things are at the present time, & spoke to reps last week no discussion of the issues above:confused:
you better have plenty of K-Y lube this year gonna be typical as seems

On the Sideline in Bama

thats one of the reasons i got out of the funnys and got a left side seated ride. it ain't me, but there seems to be alot of intrest in that area from both corporate and spectator. plus you can matchrace and quick 8 the hell out of one. it's sad how the alky classes get walked all over and the divisional side of alcohol racing is the biggest slap in the face going. to me alcohol racing became a dead end. it's no longer a stepping stone for the pro ranks. the only way to get a pro ride is know someone that can get you in the door with money or you need to win the lottery. there are a bunch of extremly talented drivers in the alcohol classes that will never see the time of day in a fuel ride and that is a shame.

All I will say about TAD is TARA.

Paul, I've been in contact with many of the TARA folks. All the minutes, bylaws, itinery's and agendas will be here any day so that we can review and see what needs to be updated, revised etc.......

Hopefully, this can work in conjunction with the new advisory committee, and we can put together a cohesive program that will ensure more visability and win/win solutions for both sides, business and competition.

It takes time though, and I know many are frustrated and feel they have already put in their time, that's okay, now we just have to rethink and make our proposals with renewed hope, effort and creativity.

Hi Guy, sure do miss ya racing :)

You guys, I can help, I really can.

I had to cut my last post short, but once a template is established for a press document, it's really easy to change up, cut & paste.

I've been doing them for quite a few racers, for two reasons.

I see some of the things you guys are mentioning here, AND I got tired of only seeing in general, the wealthy getting press, usually (not to stereo type anyone, so don't take this the wrong way but...) family money that was given rather than earned with little driving experience or skill for that matter and usually no mechanical skills. (obviously this comment is not to slam anyone, just stating reality as we all know who has worked their butts off and who hasn't)

The only way to change it, is to change it. It's kind of like an Indie Artist trying to get recognized by a Major Record Label. They finally threw up their hands and hense Tailgate Sales was born. That got attention, believe me.

I continually research different avenues of exposure Globally, and it takes time, but over time, it pays off. I'll help anyone if you want, but we can do it, it's just a little more work. No BAD JU JU Guys!!! Happy New Years, Remember?

:):)

Nancy what about videotaping eliminations and qualifying and creating a sort of on line delayed or archived broadcast of that? Sort of a google video channel ( google because they allow over 10 min videos) This could be division events and nationals or other events where they allow you to tape where it isn't already covered by another network. Maybe a new Internet domain can be dedicated to it as a portal to those videos. Chris Demke put some of his personal videos on line and I was impressed! How cool would that be to see round after round of that? Nancy you mention independent artists in the music industry. They are moving on line with Internet radio now for exposure. I think Internet video is a tool which should be explored. Start with teams who video tape their runs if they would like to share that video to test the waters. Eventually get a videographer to volunteer or donate to videotape qualifying or elimination sessions. Add subtitles or overdub comentary later. David Smith has done a tremendous amout of work promoting the alcohol ranks because of his love of the sport. Maybe he would be interested in taking video?

Last edited:
I think it's a GREAT idea and Cost Effective. This is some of the modern technology that I think we can propose as a group. Another great person (and I love David as well) for this is Larry PFister with Horsepower Heaven. This is what he does and he has done many DVD's for racers and live stuff with interviews etc........

Demke's was good wasn't it?

Paul, I've been in contact with many of the TARA folks. All the minutes, bylaws, itinery's and agendas will be here any day so that we can review and see what needs to be updated, revised etc.......

Hopefully, this can work in conjunction with the new advisory committee, and we can put together a cohesive program that will ensure more visability and win/win solutions for both sides, business and competition.

It takes time though, and I know many are frustrated and feel they have already put in their time, that's okay, now we just have to rethink and make our proposals with renewed hope, effort and creativity.
Nancy, last I heard, TARA ended after Shelly Howard passed away, Shelly was the drving force behind TARA and without her, NOTHING happened.

Hehe... Al, thats a great idea... One that I had been planning on doing with Nancy this coming year, she just didn't know it :-D!! Every run recorded and posted online so people can see... I have one super comp video online that has hit nearly 6,000 views... Imagine having 5 of those for every race... Thats 30,000 views per race, and I'm sure a F/C would get even more hits as opposed to a S/C...

CJ Curtsinger

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back