Strasburg suspended from nhra competition (1 Viewer)

Biggest thing that bothers me, is if you only have 24 hours, then the frecking lab had better be OPEN... geez, tried go leave sample Friday... the lab was closed at 6PM, so in reality you only have ten hours to leave a sample?

The other thing, he runs 10 to 12 times a year, and gets called in for sample 3 to 4 times a year?

Call it an old age thing, I don't believe I could leave two samples at the same time. I'd be lucky to fill one... every couple of hours...

d'kid

The reason for 2 vials is called a split sample , standard procedure for DOT mandated drug testing for truck and bus drivers . I would imagine the NHRA uses split samples for the same reason if there is a seriously wrong test they have a back up to retest.

All of the transporter drivers are required to be in a consortium , where at any time they can be notified to go to a clinic and give a sample , as a DOT requirement the consortium notifies the drivers and the have the same 24 hours to submit samples

As a CDL holder and I still work part time for a trucking company I have been called 3 months in a row to donate , then went 2 years as it is completely randomly generated pull of an ID by computer .

That is why the NHRA needed a split or 2 samples ,,,, and I would hope the NHRA uses a similar system when testing drivers

Last edited:
:mad:Here we go again ... can everybody just once stop trying to spin everything as a negative against the NHRA. If you know anything about the practice of DRUG & ALCOHOL testing (that's right, this isn't just a booze test), NHRA has adopted a pretty standard version administered by a private 3rd party.

Not making an accusing statement, but again this test isn't just about alcohol. This is all pretty simple yet the liberal nature of this board wants to paint Mike as a Martyr. I don't know Mr. Strasbug from Adam's Uncle ... but you get 24 hours to comply. If he understood the gravity of the program, this should have been a prioirty on his schedule. So, what if the station was closed at 6pm ... you can't tell me he couldn't find the time to get this out off the way sooner than 6 pm on Friday and that the team can't manage the car for literally 5 minutes? Please.

You are served your papers first thing on the first day of the event. First TF session was around 1pm and the second around 4:30pm.

The bottom line here is if you are not going to take the policy seriously you risk being a victim of it. Blame lies sqaurely on the shoulders of Mr. Strasburg here ... nobody else. Just like tax day ... if you wait until the 15th to file you run the risk of being late if something unfortunate happens. Is that the IRS's fault?

You would think that after Matt Guidera got suspended at Indy two years ago under similar circumstances that no driver would ever allow the timing to get close again.

He should have been the example to follow... You mess up, you are done, no gray area. It's not the first time it's happened.

Time to keep a Whizzinator in the trailer. :D

Completely standard drug test procedure. In case one comes up with a wild reading, in case one gets misplaced/lost/dropped, in case there is a challenge, etc.

Not in the military, you just pee in one bottle, they will however not let you leave until you pee.

S/F
D

Biggest thing that bothers me, is if you only have 24 hours, then the frecking lab had better be OPEN... geez, tried go leave sample Friday... the lab was closed at 6PM, so in reality you only have ten hours to leave a sample?

The other thing, he runs 10 to 12 times a year, and gets called in for sample 3 to 4 times a year?

Call it an old age thing, I don't believe I could leave two samples at the same time. I'd be lucky to fill one... every couple of hours...

d'kid
Completely agree, if you're going to have a time window like that then you better be ready when I'm ready.

this post is just to let you know what kind of guy mike is or any one of the strasburg family he is a working driver on his own car as well as others he is the owner of b&j trans so he is helping those customers its not like he is sitting in his lounge they have been drag racing for along time and running and building engines for land speed cars even longer

:mad:Here we go again ... can everybody just once stop trying to spin everything as a negative against the NHRA. If you know anything about the practice of DRUG & ALCOHOL testing (that's right, this isn't just a booze test), NHRA has adopted a pretty standard version administered by a private 3rd party.

Not making an accusing statement, but again this test isn't just about alcohol. This is all pretty simple yet the liberal nature of this board wants to paint Mike as a Martyr. I don't know Mr. Strasbug from Adam's Uncle ... but you get 24 hours to comply. If he understood the gravity of the program, this should have been a prioirty on his schedule. So, what if the station was closed at 6pm ... you can't tell me he couldn't find the time to get this out off the way sooner than 6 pm on Friday and that the team can't manage the car for literally 5 minutes? Please.

You are served your papers first thing on the first day of the event. First TF session was around 1pm and the second around 4:30pm.

The bottom line here is if you are not going to take the policy seriously you risk being a victim of it. Blame lies sqaurely on the shoulders of Mr. Strasburg here ... nobody else. Just like tax day ... if you wait until the 15th to file you run the risk of being late if something unfortunate happens. Is that the IRS's fault?

If what you say in the third paragraph is correct, then your post is my view word-for-word.

No excuse. Git-er-done.

Sean D

The powers to be can do anything they choose to do, but we run Mike's B&J Transmissions and not only do you have a guy and a family who has spent a LIFETIME to perfect a BADA$$ Product, but you have a guy and a family that represents all Sanctioning Bodies of Drag Racing.

Not only does Mike not indulge, he is the first guy there in your pit or on the phone with you for hours if his product has even a slight concern from an owner.

I hope he appeals this decision and it goes in HIS Direction, WE NEED THIS MAN AND HIS FAMILY ON AND OFF THE TRACK.

Everyone can say whatever they want, but until you've worked side by side with him and spent time with his team for hours, you have no idea how genuine they truly are.

We support him 1000%, his product, his family and his team.

The powers to be can do anything they choose to do, but we run Mike's B&J Transmissions and not only do you have a guy and a family who has spent a LIFETIME to perfect a BADA$$ Product, but you have a guy and a family that represents all Sanctioning Bodies of Drag Racing.

Not only does Mike not indulge, he is the first guy there in your pit or on the phone with you for hours if his product has even a slight concern from an owner.

I hope he appeals this decision and it goes in HIS Direction, WE NEED THIS MAN AND HIS FAMILY ON AND OFF THE TRACK.

Everyone can say whatever they want, but until you've worked side by side with him and spent time with his team for hours, you have no idea how genuine they truly are.

We support him 1000%, his product, his family and his team.
C'mon Nancy ... I am sure everything you say about Mike is dead accurate. I do not know him. This isn't a question of him being a good guy. There is a test policy in place, anyone told to participate ... needs to make the time or deal with the consequences. It shouldn't matter whether he services transmissions or is a deacon at his local church. The rules are very clear and cannot be flexible to fit people's staues in the community. Geez ... Why is it that nobody wants to be accountable for their own actions any more? He needed to make time before 6pm on Friday if he wanted to be safe. If people want to look at the policy as a joke and wait too long ... be prepared for the fallout.

That is the fault of the driver NOT NHRA or anybody else !!!

Appeal it Mike. Give em blood, hair and pee samples, for this fecal system is flawed.

Nanc, right on the money.

If you have 24 hours they perhaps should be open 24 hours.

I have been drug tested numberous times for work...never had to give more than 1.
Same here. When I was driving trucks I got popped for random tests 3 or 4 times in a matter of 2 years, plus a couple pre-employment tests. I never gave more than one sample.

C'mon Nancy ... I am sure everything you say about Mike is dead accurate. I do not know him. This isn't a question of him being a good guy. There is a test policy in place, anyone told to participate ... needs to make the time or deal with the consequences. It shouldn't matter whether he services transmissions or is a deacon at his local church. The rules are very clear and cannot be flexible to fit people's staues in the community. Geez ... Why is it that nobody wants to be accountable for their own actions any more? He needed to make time before 6pm on Friday if he wanted to be safe. If people want to look at the policy as a joke and wait too long ... be prepared for the fallout.

That is the fault of the driver NOT NHRA or anybody else !!!

JIM: REREAD MY POST: I'm stating very Clearly that I HOPE HE APPEALS AND WINS, I'm not stating he was right or wrong, nor that NHRA is right or wrong, he is one of the good guys and it's a comment about the SITUATION and YES he is a good guy and has spent MILLIONS OF DOLLARS within the organization of NHRA as a racer and supplier, and ADRL/IHRA as a manufacture, oh and lets not leave out SFI - and more.......How many other people who post here can say the same thing about their accomplishments in this industry? NOT MANY....... OBVIOUSLY there is an issue with this, albeit his timing, circumstances WHATEVER, other wise there wouldn't be a THREAD..........

@Leclaire Hi Jim :) Thanks!! ttyl

Last edited:
still think recreational drug use has no 'victims'. because of the low life dope heads, honest hard working people have to take random drug test. i don't know this guy. i hear he is a good racer. nhra is the looser here.

JIM: REREAD MY POST: I'm stating very Clearly that I HOPE HE APPEALS AND WINS, I'm not stating he was right or wrong, nor that NHRA is right or wrong, he is one of the good guys and it's a comment about the SITUATION and YES he is a good guy and has spent MILLIONS OF DOLLARS within the organization of NHRA as a racer and supplier, and ADRL/IHRA as a manufacture, oh and lets not leave out SFI - and more.......How many other people who post here can say the same thing about their accomplishments in this industry? NOT MANY....... OBVIOUSLY there is an issue with this, albeit his timing, circumstances WHATEVER, other wise there wouldn't be a THREAD..........

@Leclaire Hi Jim :) Thanks!! ttyl
I totally understand what you say Nancy. My point simply is that it doesn't (and never should) matter who you are, what you do, or how much you spend ... rules are rules. Way better people with way better standing in society than Mike have been burnt by the system. Maybe Mike will win an appeal, I don't know. If I were in his shoes (oh yea, I have been) I would have made every effort possible to get this done and over with ASAP and not postpone a 5 minute inconvenience to the last possible moment. He took the risk and got bit. You should know as well as any participant, it is your obligation in the sport to get this done.

And one persons report in Vegas from yesterday/today. 7 20 oz. bottles of water, 4 one qt Gatorade's (yeah), 4 glasses of water at dinner plus a few drinks afterwards at the hotel and no pee pee till 9 this morning.

And one persons report in Vegas from yesterday/today. 7 20 oz. bottles of water, 4 one qt Gatorade's (yeah), 4 glasses of water at dinner plus a few drinks afterwards at the hotel and no pee pee till 9 this morning.

Show me a person who can ingest that much liquid and not P until 9am the next day, and I'll show you a person so dehydrated they should be in the hospital....:eek:

I still think they should have split what Strasburg gave them into two vials, and tested it. I don't know exactly how many ounces, or CC, is required by NHRA but it doesn't take massive amounts. Of course it's not smart to wait until the last minute but this was a preventable incident, in my opinion.

Read the story people. He didn't wait until the end. He did go Friday and tried to test but they had closed. Running two cars makes a limited amount of time. The two vials seems odd. The obviously have enough to test.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back