Strasburg suspended from nhra competition (1 Viewer)

Interested to hear Mike's reasoning for not giving a sample within 24hrs.

You're saying Strasburg failed to pee enough to satisfy those conducting the test? No offense, my friend, but I'd say that passes belief. It doesn't take very long to generate enough urine to test for illegal substances.

Methinks somebody ain't telling the whole story.

Last edited:
If that is true...then that is sad.

Something to think about in this economy and the next time 15 cars show up.

First attempt was friday late afternoon, Drug Control was closed. Second attempt was saturday prior to Q4, resulting in .000 breathalizer. 1 vial was filled with urine sample. His car was next in the water, he left Drug Control and made the run where he was picked up and taken directly back to Drug Control from the finish line. This attempt yeilded another filled vial. We then learned that both vials needed to be filled at the same time not 5 minutes apart. After which his time was up. This resulted in a $2500 and 1 year suspension.

If you wait until 23 hours in a 24 hour window and have problems, I'm without sympathy.

I think it's BS that he can't be at the races to tune. Driving...sure, I can understand that, but can't show up at all to help customers? I think he should go piss on Compton and Light's shoes.

If you wait until 23 hours in a 24 hour window and have problems, I'm without sympathy.

X2...go when they call you. I find it hard to believe you cant get there and get it done within an hour or two after they call. Get on the scooter and head to the end of the track...it takes like 30 seconds to get down there from the pro pits..2 minutes letting the VP guys finish up their BS session...1 minute to fill a 5 gallon can(can shorten to 20 seconds for 2 vials)and then 30seconds back. Ive done the exact trip many times.

You would think that after Matt Guidera got suspended at Indy two years ago under similar circumstances that no driver would ever allow the timing to get close again.

My only interpretation of this (completely a guess) is that he got the papers at some point when he'd had a beer or something, and wanted to wait as long as possible to get it out of his system.

Jeebus.
NHRA is really out to punish this hard-working guy.
Wow.
Unfrickinbelievable. Re-god-damn-diculous.

It's unfortunate considering he tried to go last night and they were closed and he did provide the mandatory samples within the 24 hr period. As long as they are within a few minutes of each other I don't see why they can't accept it. The saddest part is that as he stated, this will probably end his racing career.

I apologize as well, for commenting before the whole story was told. Sounds like Mike simply didn't understand the sense of urgency and the total no-tolerance policy of the NHRA when it comes to how they conduct drug testing.

Yes, he should have given the samples hours earlier but I can't help the feeling that NHRA could have come up with some kind of workaround. Maybe two half-full vials, if they're so worried about losing, dropping or otherwise contaminating one of them. Making the 24-hour cutoff effective when he shows up to pee, not when he actually pees. Something. It's one thing to be tossed for actually using drugs or alcohol. Quite another to have your racing career ruined simply because the clock ran out.

Wonder if they even bothered to test the incomplete sample?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back