Guidera Suspended From NHRA (1 Viewer)

So he shows up with a few minutes to spare and then can't pee? Oh, come on. Why cut it so close? He had a whole day... And why not quickly slug down a bottle of water beforehand? I'm sorry, but this stinks.

I agree with you.....24 hours is a long, long period of time to be able to get this out of the way.....This process (if it's done like the transportation industry does it) takes at the most 1 hour.

If truthful, I'd wager at least 50% of the guys on here freeze when told, Pee in the cup NOW!

After reading Matt's statement, I think Guidera just got caught in the newest NHRA "let's copy NASCAR news flash".

Anything for press before raceday.

Countdown, COT, Drug test controversy!

Any of this sound familiar?

Does the sport need drug testing? YES!

Does it need new leadership? YES again.

I think this one is about headlines.

And Guidera was just interviewed on the NHRA TV show and he said that he came out here all "high" (pause) "on drag racing this weekend."

Freudian slip, anyone?

Would be nice to know what the lab is, i work for a research company doing clinical trials, we drug test every participant, you dont need much of a urine sample. 10ml of urine is enough for us, i find it hard to believe he didnt go that much, of course i dont know how much they had

It's very important that Matt not be labeled a substance abuser in any way until a test comes back positive. I've heard nowhere that he failed his test. His mistake was non-compliance which surely leaves a lot of questions but no mention of substance abuse until his sample comes back positive for such.

According to the rule, they get 24 hours to submit everything involving the test? Hell, in most jobs out here in the non-racing (transportation) world, we get 2 hours. 2 hours to submit a sample of urine and an immediate on the spot breathalizer. After 2 hours and 1 minute, it's considered a failed test. Unless all the facts aren't in (come on, this IS the NHRA, ya know!), 24 hours is very, very liberal. Hope all this gets straightened out for him.

Same with our company. You get your name pulled and you get to take a ride to the local hospital for the test, period. If you decline, you're canned...............the end. 24 hours is more than a liberal time-frame. As a matter of fact, it's enough time to "get clean", if you know what I mean........................;)

You knew it, you blew it and it's take to take your lumps.

Sean D

At a previous employer I stepped out of the bathroom and was told I had to take a random test.. I looked at my boss and said "do you see where I just came from?" He bought me a Coke and told me to go to the office. I sat there for almost 2 hours before I could pass enough urine for them to test. If I were Matt I would have never left the testing area.. I'd sat as long as it took to get them a good sample. FAILING to take the test is as bad as not passing the test..

Even though I don't agree.. Drug testing is like being accused of Child abuse. Guilty until proven innocent for the safety of others..

I watched the interview and, I'm sorry, but he looked a lot more like a kid with a hand in the cookie jar than an indignant person caught in a edge case of the rules.

Pure speculation, but it sounds like he did something yesterday (had a beer, smoked a ...) and was waiting to the last minute with the hopes of it moving out of his system. Perhaps he even knew he was in trouble and peed before he went over so that he wouldn't have a pee to give. As I said, the equivalent of a "no lo" plea in a court: I don't admit guilt but I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

I agree this sucks, but I also think he broke the rules, sounded like he knew it, and he's gotta pay the price.

you should only respond to this situation if you have been required randomly to take three drug test in one month
its an invasion of personal privacy.
if you are a "suspect", you should be tested until you are guilty or inocent.
i am on matt's side on this, the situation may have proven impossible to comply in 24 hours...
some of the drug testing sites are so bad, you wouldn't let them treat a stray dog.
i hope he comes out of this clean and rubs nhras nose in it.
that is what i think

Must you "give" a sample inside 24 hrs, or "report" to give a sample inside 24 hrs ? If it's report then he should have stayed until the sample was sufficient. Makes me wonder if the rule was not made CRYSTAL CLEAR to everyone by NHRA.

With all this talk about drug testing, maybe the goverment should drug test ALL welfare receipients.
We work for a paycheck, get drug tested in order to keep our job.
Why not welfare and any other public assistance programs. Fail a drug test no welfare check plain and simple.
Part of the problem with California, all the free money given away to druggies on welfare and illegal immigerants.
Not knowing all the particulars, but does the rule state that a driver must be tested or just submit to a drug test.
Sounds like Matt followed all the rules but the lab test was invalid.
If all involved want to clear the air then NHRA and Matt should agree to have another drug test session.
I wonder if any NHRA suits have been drug tested?
Going by the latest actions of changing points setup, etc. I wonder what kind of tabacco they been using---lol
Lets not forget someones DUI and he is still working for NHRA

Must you "give" a sample inside 24 hrs, or "report" to give a sample inside 24 hrs ? If it's report then he should have stayed until the sample was sufficient. Makes me wonder if the rule was not made CRYSTAL CLEAR to everyone by NHRA.

I agree !!! Since the rulebook is open to any interpretation on any rule !!
There maybe another letter floating around in a desk somewhere that was not wrote the way Light intended for it to written.

With all this talk about drug testing, maybe the goverment should drug test ALL welfare receipients.We work for a paycheck, get drug tested in order to keep our job.
Why not welfare and any other public assistance programs. Fail a drug test no welfare check plain and simple.
Part of the problem with California, all the free money given away to druggies on welfare and illegal immigerants.
Not knowing all the particulars, but does the rule state that a driver must be tested or just submit to a drug test.
Sounds like Matt followed all the rules but the lab test was invalid.
If all involved want to clear the air then NHRA and Matt should agree to have another drug test session.
I wonder if any NHRA suits have been drug tested?
Going by the latest actions of changing points setup, etc. I wonder what kind of tabacco they been using---lol
Lets not forget someones DUI and he is still working for NHRA

West Virginia Legislature had that bill introduced this past session. It didn't pass, but it is being refined again to bring the bill to (hopefully) pass. I completely agree with this.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back