Strasburg suspended from nhra competition (1 Viewer)

And how do you suppose you figure out who those people are......ask them and trust their answer? ;)

Blood, hair, and in this case, either of Mike's samples.............

This was a follow up to a discussion that Even if they (anyone) was never under the influence of any banned substance, they should be punished for not producing enough "volume"

My point was the whole procedure was to insure no under the influence people were participating.

Last edited:
Blood, hair, and in this case, either of Mike's samples.............

This was a follow up to a discussion that Even if they (anyone) was never under the influence of any banned substance, they should be punished for not producing enough "volume"

My point was the whole procedure was to insure no under the influence people were participating.

blood and hair tests are way to costly for NHRa.Plus they can`t be done on the spot.

Fines mean nothing to the big four. Suspensions and points do.

All drug testing I have been involved with, you can't leave or be out of sight of the tester once you show up.

A Pro Stock bike rider is expendable, just like a part time Top Fuel driver. Suspending a driver for one of the big four in nitro is not going to happen.

Totally AGREE! Wake Up People!

If those being tested cannot produce and are willing, let them bear the cost to prove they are innocent.

Mike went to the IHC medical center monday morning after returning home and had a blood test and hair sample taken to prove he was clean. He explained what happened last saturday morning on a local radio station in Salt Lake City.

Last edited:
Mike went to the IHC medical center monday morning after returning home and had a blood test and hair sample taken to prove he was clean. He explained what happened last saturday morning on a local radio station in Salt Lake City.

Good for Mike,maybe it will help with his apeal.on the other hand,if he was this dilogent at the track this wouldn`t of been neccessary

A local radio show co hosted by one of our respected local Salt Lake City racers, did an interview on air with Mike & Grahm last Sat. If you would like to get a better perspective of what is really going on from everyone involved, you might want to give this a listen.

The audio file has been posted at "The Racing Fan" 1320 KFAN scroll to the bottom of the page and click BREAKING NEWS ENJOY!

Earl

By halfway through the interview, nothing new or enlightening had been revealed. If something informative followed, I’ll never know, since the first half was a positively painful listen… --M--

That is great news in my opinion. Time to find out if NHRA is about keeping the sport safe or about making the participants jump through hoops........

By halfway through the interview, nothing new or enlightening had been revealed. If something informative followed, I’ll never know, since the first half was a positively painful listen… --M--

You mean the part where Graham says over and over "uh, I don't recall" or "I don't have all the facts right here".... Or the part where he says"they close sometime between 4 and 6 depending where we are, I'm not real sure" If I had a guy working for me that had been with me for 27 years, and I paid him what Graham gets....He should know all the facts "By Heart":rolleyes::rolleyes: GO GET UM MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually saw Graham at the local Lowe's this past Sunday...I should have asked him about this...

I’d like to make a couple of points, if I may.

First, there is a distinct difference in the drug testing policy regarding alcohol and drugs. Blow anything in the Breathalyzer, and you’re gone for the weekend. There’s a zero tolerance policy regarding alcohol.

No actual drug screening is done at the event, according to my sources. It’s done later on, and a first offender is not suspended, nor is NHRA even notified as to who that individual is.

The concept of 24 hours to report is a falsehood. The testing center closes at 6:00 PM and doesn’t reopen until about 7:00 AM the following morning.

I respectfully direct you to the editorial that I wrote for CompetitionPlus.com earlier this week:

UP FRONT: IT?S THE WORLD WE LIVE IN

Sorry, I don't know how to make these links "live."

Jon Asher

I can't believe that this has gone on for 15 pages & over 200 replies!!! :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Mr. Asher, re: your coment; "The concept of 24 hours to report is a falsehood. The testing center closes at 6:00 PM and doesn’t reopen until about 7:00 AM the following morning."

It is not a falsehood. Anyone who gets random testing knows that it's 24 hrs from the time of notification irregardless of the clinics hours! If notification is given @ 10:00am, you have to test by 10:00am the next day!!!

Sorry but IMHO, Mike, just like Matt & Allen before, screwed up!

I can't believe that this has gone on for 15 pages & over 200 replies!!! :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Mr. Asher, re: your coment; "The concept of 24 hours to report is a falsehood. The testing center closes at 6:00 PM and doesn’t reopen until about 7:00 AM the following morning."

It is not a falsehood. Anyone who gets random testing knows that it's 24 hrs from the time of notification irregardless of the clinics hours! If notification is given @ 10:00am, you have to test by 10:00am the next day!!!

Sorry but IMHO, Mike, just like Matt & Allen before, screwed up!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've read it all and resisted comment....glad I waited, thanks Wayne :D

I just wanted to say that many of us are not NHRA Top Fuel drivers, yet we are given daily, weekly, or monthly tasks or deadlines we must adhere to and we DO. And in some cases we don't and we feel the consequences. Something as significant as career's being on the line is not always the case. But we do these tasks anyway.

With all the excuses and theories presented the entire burden has to still fall on the Driver.

I really believe that the Driver here had to ask himself at somepoint, "What happens if I don't make it to the center and can I deal with the outcome."

I choose to believe he was smart enough to ask himself this question.
Resulting conclusion is that he didn't seem to think it was important enough.

However, I am willing to admit that their may be facts internally by the driver and by the testing ppl that are not known.

Last edited:
Am I missing something here?

Yes, you have 24 hours to report for testing, but if the testing enter is closed for 13 of those 24 hours, that means there are 11 hours during which you can show up.

If you're still in line to run at 7:30 PM and get back to your pits at 8:10, please tell me how you get tested at that hour of the evening.

If the racers are forced by circumstances to still be involved after 6:00 PM, then the testing center should be remaining open to accommodate them.

Jon Asher

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back