Still not a fan of the Countdown.... (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I know a lot of people like it...just think it sucks that what you do the first 16 races of the season goes out the Window!

I’m not a huge NASCAR fan, but it seems like they have made their “playoffs” more confusing than ever.

I don’t care for the points system. Bo had a great season in PS. Without the chase would Anderson have been close enough to challenge him for the championship?

beating-a-dead-horse-gif-14.gif

You have to do a better job of rewarding the team who sits on top of me points standings after 18 races than a 30 point lead tto start the countdown when the regular season total far exceeded that. That's equal to one single round at Pomona. Wonder what the NHRA would think if some of the major full time players decided that they did not need to travel to all of the first 18 races knowing that they would be able to make the countdown by attending only 12 or 14 of them and saving the budget ?

Wonder what the NHRA would think if some of the major full time players decided that they did not need to travel to all of the first 18 races knowing that they would be able to make the countdown by attending only 12 or 14 of them and saving the budget ?

Those "major full time players" would no longer be major full time players because they would not get nearly the sponsorship money they do now for a full season.

For the most part there's always been some type of qualification for the championship. Back in the day the top xx points winners from each division qualified to enter the "World Finals" and contend for the championship. First contested at Tulsa then moved to several locations over the years. Seems like I remember 8 cars were allowed to enter from each division. They qualified 32 cars with winner take all

You have to do a better job of rewarding the team who sits on top of me points standings after 18 races than a 30 point lead tto start the countdown when the regular season total far exceeded that. That's equal to one single round at Pomona. Wonder what the NHRA would think if some of the major full time players decided that they did not need to travel to all of the first 18 races knowing that they would be able to make the countdown by attending only 12 or 14 of them and saving the budget ?

Erica sat out races and won a title

Add my name to the list of people who don't like the countdown method.
There are two many rules and games being played in an attempt to capture more viewer's and fans.

An example is NASCAR when there drivers are interviewed and asked to explain how the NASCAR playoff system works many of them cannot answer the question and they wonder why fans are no longer interested in their style of racing.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

IMHO, the average fan watching the average race cares a lot more about who wins that race than who went "A to B" most often during the season and won a year long championship. The championship should be for the more serious fan that follows all year long rather than for the casual guy that tunes in every once in a while. And with the serious fans I believe the Countdown is a failure.

Do the 6 countdown races get higher tv ratings or better attendence than non countdown races due to the added drama? If so that's one reason to do it. If not.............

I love the Countdown and the excitement it brings, I didn't like the results it provided this year, but oh well, it happens.

Do the 6 countdown races get higher tv ratings or better attendence than non countdown races due to the added drama? If so that's one reason to do it. If not.............

Not sure about this year but in the past it hasn't happened. I know in the first couple years it actually went down. Not sure if that is still the case

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back