Countdown Whining - can we put it to rest? (1 Viewer)

blackbeard

Nitro Member
this constant countdown whining is getting WAY out of hand. like lance peltier said in another thread, every single thread gets polluted with this crap. example:

drag racing fan: hey guys, nice weather out today!
countdown hater: the weather is terrible ever since they started this damn countdown

the countdown is here to stay. there is nothing no internet poster, online petition, or homemade t-shirt can do about it. if the countdown has had this much of a negative impact on your life, then you have issues because ITS JUST DRAG RACING!! it's not life or death! i love, LOVE, the NHRA. but some of you act as if this countdown is equivalent to the holocaust

here's what i propose: start a "i hate the countdown" thread. make it a sticky, i dont think most of us care. this thread will be a haven for all of you haters to *****, complain, do whatever pleases you. this way all of the other threads will contain actual conversations.

who's with me, yea or nea?

I agree Lance.

I would also like to put a sticky on a "RUMOR THREAD".

People could go there, post their rumors, and speculate till they're blue in the face.

Last edited:
I'm onboard... Its getting a bit old, but PJ does make it pretty funny :D... its true that everything that happens is now considered an effect of the countdown...

Someone said Naylor lost Jager because there was a clause about not making the countdown... Was this fact or another countdown blame...

CJ Curtsinger

Someone said Naylor lost Jager because there was a clause about not making the countdown... Was this fact or another countdown blame...

CJ Curtsinger

Here ya' go CJ.......

Now before everything gets all blown out of proportion and the rumor starters get their teeth into this. Heres the deal.
The story posted on NHRA.com is exactly what happened. It had NOTHING to do with the countdown, nothing to do with going to a fuel team, and nothing to do with performance. Jagermeister made an offer Max was not comfortable with going forward pure and simple. Anyone who has been to our pits knows it takes money to put that kind of show on. Max is looking to keep the same type of excitement he has right now going on in his pit. This is about marketing, the fans, racing, entertainment, and fun. We feel we have done everything to the best of our ability to satisfy our sponsor, and we look forward to doing the same next year with another.
We'd like to thank everyone for the support you have show to us and Jagermeister the past 2 years but its now time to move on.

Bill Nychay
Director Marketing / Sponsorship
Naylor Racing Inc

so a thread was started to complain about the complainers that complain about the countdown hmmm didn't that then just add to the list of countdown themed trheads?????:D

Sorry I'm just not feeling myself today, must be the countdown (I didn't want to let anyone down):cool:

I agree with Lance. Some people expend far too much energy on issues that really have no relevance whatsoever with real life. Like Lance said, this is just drag racing. While some people do make a living from it, I suspect that the majority of people here do not. To me, it's entertainment and personally, I couldn't care less who wins or doesn't win a championship.

I could start a counter thread titled "Whining about Countdown complainers."

I DON'T dwell on the Countdown. I think it's NHRA's ball and their right to do whatever they want with it. I also think it's everyone's sport and would be surprised if people didn't want to talk about it. I'm amazed at how "outspoken" and "whining" are assigned to people depending on who they are or what they're talking about.

Maybe we all just need to get on one or more of those television commercial "make ya feel good about life" drugs and start working "Countdown" into every other sentence of our daily lives. :D

I WAS looking at a thread the other day that had nothing to do with the Countdown and was tempted to ask "So, what does this have to do with the Countdown?" :D

By the way, what does THIS thead have to do with the Countdown, whether you're for or against it, and why? :D

Last edited:
so a thread was started to complain about the complainers that complain about the countdown hmmm didn't that then just add to the list of countdown themed trheads?????:D

Sorry I'm just not feeling myself today, must be the countdown (I didn't want to let anyone down):cool:

No, PJ. They're only "complaining" about the Countdown "whiners." You gotta learn the difference. :D

LOL, I'm learning so much here about communicating.

Last edited:
I say if a person doesn't want to read about how people feel about the countdown.... don't .... open .... the..... thread.

And since most people know who feels what about it,
put.... the..... people..... on..... ignore.

Works for me ... must be because of the countdown. ;)

I'm onboard... Its getting a bit old, but PJ does make it pretty funny :D... its true that everything that happens is now considered an effect of the countdown...

CJ Curtsinger

I never said said it was about the countdown, I said Max Declined to sign the contract because of some of the clauses in it... My point was MAX declined and not that Jagger pulled the plug...

d'kid

With you Lance.

I am not however with the folks saying just ignore it and never talk about, and I don't think that's the point trying to be made.

I think the only point is - can we have a decent discussion without it turning into a countdown bash fest?

You can't really follow the don't click on the thread method if there's no hint of the countdown being pulled into until a passionate hater mars it up for everyone. Then there's that PJ guy. :rolleyes: :p :D

DLB

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that he started that "Another Sponsor Leaving" thead as a subliminal way of voicing his hatred for the Countdown. Caught ya, PJ! :D

Kinda like that asking people specific questions about the quality of their lives isn't making statements about them. :rolleyes:

"Does any level of mental retardation on your part come into play concerning your supporting the Countdown? I'm not saying anything. I'm just trying to see where you're coming from." :D

I've actually kinda enjoyed the back and forth with Paul on the countdown pros and cons.

I guess we should keep track and make sure no one else *****es about anything. From here forward we can no longer have any thread or post concerning tv time slot rants, anything on vehicle specs, nitro %, length of the track, weather, sponsors coming, sponsors going, drivers losing or getting rides, tire issues, Whit, Erica, Angelle, nhra, the board, hd partners, Paul Page and of course the countdown. Does that cover everything:rolleyes:

Odd some people claim that the board isn't edgy enough, others think we're all butt kissers here, yet when someone does speak against then its too much.

I'll actually be nice I'll ban myself from any countdown talk for the next 12 hours

I've actually kinda enjoyed the back and forth with Paul on the countdown pros and cons.

I guess we should keep track and make sure no one else *****es about anything. From here forward we can no longer have any thread or post concerning tv time slot rants, anything on vehicle specs, nitro %, length of the track, weather, sponsors coming, sponsors going, drivers losing or getting rides, tire issues, Whit, Erica, Angelle, nhra, the board, hd partners, Paul Page and of course the countdown. Does that cover everything:rolleyes:

Odd some people claim that the board isn't edgy enough, others think we're all butt kissers here, yet when someone does speak against then its too much.

Sorry to butt in here PJ, but you forgot too much Force coverage!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back