Countdown Whining - can we put it to rest? (1 Viewer)

PJ, we should also include the 'Skuza' related threads.:D

Somebody mentioned a sticky for rumors....what the hell are we supposed to talk about in the off-season if we don't have the rumors!!!!! :eek:

With you Lance.

I am not however with the folks saying just ignore it and never talk about, and I don't think that's the point trying to be made.

I think the only point is - can we have a decent discussion without it turning into a countdown bash fest?

You can't really follow the don't click on the thread method if there's no hint of the countdown being pulled into until a passionate hater mars it up for everyone. Then there's that PJ guy. :rolleyes: :p :D

DLB

by this time everyone should know who the passionate haters are. Put them on Ignore until the countdown talk loses it's steam.

I have listened, learned, enjoyed and been annoyed at the constant Countdown bashing, BUT I don't think that it is polluting this board or too many threads. At this point in the season, almost everything IS related to the countdown.

I don't recommend PJ read todays USA Today page 10C.

Now we have a thread,to complain about the people that complain about the countdown.:D

As we approach the end of the season, won't we really discover what the outcome of the effects of the Countdown is in a couple of weeks?

We have all brought up very good points Pro and Con regading the new system, but only time and a review of this season's history will say if it rocks or it sucks.. Glendora may or may not listen to us/ sponsors/ race teams at the end of the year, and possibly convert and contort the system to make it a bit better... And then again, maybe not..:rolleyes:

A moritorium for this weekend to see the final outcome of The Finals without folks here sticking a sharp stick in each others ribs might make the last race we have for a while a bit more enjoyable.. After that, threads about how someone MAY of gotten robbed, how someone MAY be losing their meal ticket, teams that MAY have profited from the C/D and how the outcome MAY have been different will be the fodder that we will live on until the Winter tests fire up again..

It has been fun to see how wound up some folks on both sides have been about this, but I agree- its a bit old. And in my opinion, the big picture (the creation of additional media interest- the primary reason for the whole change) has still not been proven to be sucessful, but I digress to my first paragraph and will take the "wait until the season's over" attitude.

By the way, has there been ONE SINGLE commercial on ESPN to herald the Grand Drama to come this weekend?? :rolleyes:
(OK- I smacked my own hand for that one- Bad poster, bad....:D)

Enjoy Pomona EVERYBODY!!!!!

I've got a novel idea...why don't we enjoy the LAST darn race of the year. We have ALL off season to dissect the ins and outs of the Countdown. Besides, I'm assuming that NHRA just might do a bit of a review of the whole scheme before next season. I'm not a big fan of this deal but they certainly could make it BETTER with just a little bit of work.

We'll provide the coverage as quickly as possible so get busy and enjoy darn you ALL!!!!!

this constant countdown whining is getting WAY out of hand.

Lance, are you whining again?

I would also like to put a sticky on a "RUMOR THREAD".

People could go there, post their rumors, and speculate till they're blue in the face.

You kidding Phillip? This whole place is a rumor mill. So you propose to do away with Nitromater. Where do we go?

THE COUNTDOWN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I never said said it was about the countdown, I said Max Declined to sign the contract because of some of the clauses in it... My point was MAX declined and not that Jagger pulled the plug...

d'kid

Karl, I wasn't reffering to your post but the one that followed yours...

CJ Curtsinger

Now there is no denying the problems the countdown has caused!
First the fiasco in Mexico, now caught using the "N" word.
This Countdown year has been terrible for Dog the Bounty Hunter!
:eek::D;)

I agree Lance 100%. For those who do not like it, we know. Let’s talk about other drag racing stories without bringing the Countdown into the thread. By the way, I heard the Countdown was responsible for global warming.:D

I agree Lance 100%. For those who do not like it, we know. Let’s talk about other drag racing stories without bringing the Countdown into the thread. By the way, I heard the Countdown was responsible for global warming.:D

And there we have it, proof positive global warming isn't George Bush's fault. ;)

You kidding Phillip? This whole place is a rumor mill. So you propose to do away with Nitromater. Where do we go?

Naw man....i didn't say people should stop spreading rumors......just have a place on the board dedicated specifically to them....

Where's the love man????? How about a group hug or we'll end up on the Dr. Phil show.

I've got a novel idea...why don't we enjoy the LAST darn race of the year. We have ALL off season to dissect the ins and outs of the Countdown. Besides, I'm assuming that NHRA just might do a bit of a review of the whole scheme before next season. I'm not a big fan of this deal but they certainly could make it BETTER with just a little bit of work.

We'll provide the coverage as quickly as possible so get busy and enjoy darn you ALL!!!!!

I will even agree to this one. As long as there are no countdown love, congrats whatever threads or post I will refrain from preaching the anti countdown truths:D for the weekend.

Besides I guarantee that there will be a change to the countdown in the off season. Just not sure if it'll be enough or on the right direction.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back