Countdown Whining - can we put it to rest? (1 Viewer)

Time for me to open a little violin concession here so you all can play a sweet, sad melody.

And I'd get rich.

Me?

Nope, happy with life.

And some of you have a GREAT idea........Go to IHRA.

WHY didn't I think of that:rolleyes:

It's so popular there when I got up 48 were viewing NHRA..........

IHRA.........a big fat goose egg.........re: Nada.

Time for you anti count.........DOWNERS:p to show yer support and become boosters for the IHRA.

After all, THEY have what you WANT:cool:

REX

How ironic that this post was generated to end the complaining and debate and it's now the current largest thread in NHRA. :D

I've stayed out of this debate for the most part. However now that the season is over I do want to throw in my opinion. I completely disagree with the countdown and I don't believe it represents a true champion. I had no where near the interest in Pomona this year as I have in the last few years finals. The 3 way F/C chase the last few years, Schumacher/Kalitta last year are just a couple of examples of better season finishes. Those endings were much more exciting and AUTHENTIC for me. Not every season ends close but IMO it's still a better ending than this new set up. I don't see the benefit in crowning a 2 race "luck of the draw" champion. IMO the World Championship is an achievement for a FULL SEASON worth of consistency and achievement. It blows my mind that a team can potentially dominate a season, repeatedly have points taken away, then after running strong ALL SEASON unfortunately slip up during the final 2 races and lose the World Championship when they have been clearly the SEASON LONG strongest most consistant car. The car that ran strong all season impresses me more than the 2 race World Champion does. Just my $.02

You're just getting stereotyped because you actually DID something about something you're passionate about. I think some people think you comment about it more often than you do.

If you're refraining what you talk about for others, what would you like them to talk about or not talk about for you in exchange? Maybe they'd like you to click your boot heels while you're at it.

Thank you Greg

Ron your right I just thought I would play nice and give a reprieve for the weekend. In a way for me it was also a moment, or in this case weekend, of silence for a championship that no longer means anything.

I'm not big on gimmicks, which is all the countdown is. I don't think that they are good for long terms health or growth.

I know the countdown was not able to hold my interest yesterday as I watched less then an hour of it then shut it off.

To accept the coutndown then you have to accept that the nhra championship is no longer about being the best. Ths season ended with only the best winning one class (congrat Matt) and 3 lotto winners.

To me nhra has always been about being the best, win or go home. Now its only entertainment and not a competition.

My apolgies to Fuller, Hight and Anderson. Maybe some of the countdown lovers will be able to tell you why despite having the best on track performances this year that you are not the champs because they had to be entertained.

AWWWWWwwwwwwwww.........sniff..........

REX:)

well there's a well thought out reasoned response...

you like the Countdown, fine, more power to you...but your constant whining and bashing of those that don't like it is more than a little tiresome, and pretty darn childish too

I'm not big on gimmicks, which is all the countdown is. I don't think that they are good for long terms health or growth.

I know the countdown was abot able to hold my interest yesterday as I watched less then an hour of it then shut it off.

To accept the coutndown then you have to accept that the nhra championship is no longer about being the best. Ths season ended with only the best winning one class (congrat Matt) and 3 lotto winners.

To me nhra has always been about being the best, win or go home. Now its only entertainment and not a competition.

My apolgies to Fuller, Hight and Anderson. Maybe some of the countdown lovers will be able to tell you why despite having the best on track performances this year that you are not the champs because they had to be entertained.

Well stated PJ

I seem to recall he was seen smoking a victory cigar. Obviously, the happiness ended the next round when JR put Dixon on the trailer.

I always thought victory cigars were new, the one Snake lit up looked like it had hit the back end of a bus.........our buddy Paul Page was the only one mentioning victory cigars......and we all know how in tune he is.......... :D

Like I asked a page or so back, is there anything else that anyone would like us to NOT talk about? :D

actually I think it has somewhat and most likely temporarilly accomplished his goal, the talk is in one place. At least for now:p

That's funny, the Snake seemed awfully happy after Hot Rod lost in round 1. I seem to recall he was seen smoking a victory cigar. Obviously, the happiness ended the next round when JR put Dixon on the trailer.

uh..the only one that mentioned the word victory cigar was Paul Page. I alos don't think Snake had the smug look of a victor on his face...besides how you get a half-smoked stogie a victory smoke is beyond me

I always thought victory cigars were new, the one Snake lit up looked like it had hit the back end of a bus.........our buddy Paul Page was the only one mentioning victory cigars......and we all know how in tune he is.......... :D

sorry Ronny, I see now that you had already answered.

well there's a well thought out reasoned response...

you like the Countdown, fine, more power to you...but your constant whining and bashing of those that don't like it is more than a little tiresome, and pretty darn childish too

AWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww...........sniff:p

REX:D

Very well said PJ, seeing them present Jeg the trophy and check it seemed to be a rather hollow championship. What's kind of funny is that normally when Jeg and Greg race, I'd want to see Jeg win, and when Tony P and Hight race I always want to see Tony P win but yesterday I couldn't take any enjoyment in them presented as champions. NHRA's claim all along was that all the stick and ball sports have playoffs, they have created a situation similar to college football where different people have different views on who the champion actually is. A couple other random thoughts yesterday did ESPN honestly think there was a chance that Hight could break the record??? Please, funny car was over as soon as TPed qualified. I also thought it was kind of ironic that with all the controversy that surrounded Matt Smith at Indy in 2005 that his championship was the only one that was not controversal under this whole countdown fiasco.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back