Some will hate me (1 Viewer)

Force_Fan_87

Nitro Member
Ok, so I already know I'm gonna get flamed on here and some will prolly hate me but.......I thought Kurt Johnson's little whining after his round one LOSS about the track being unsafe and what not to be totally uncalled for. I'm sure we all watched pairs of fuel cars and door slammers go down the track.....yes some with their problems, but I never saw unsafe conditions!!!!! Sounds like a big excuse to me. I know I'm Mr. Blue Oval man, but good lord what a cry baby!

I was at the track and the way those cars were skating around, I'm surprised there wasn't a crash. It was damn cold out there and the track temperature was VERY low.

And I do understand that, look at Mike Neff's run, but he just shook the tires c'mon!!!! Like the topic says, some will hate me, It's ok.

I think his comments were warranted given the fact none of the pro stock cars got down the track without almost crashing. Allen Johnson had similar comments about the track being too cold.

I knew I wouldn't be making any friends with this post lol.......didn't see Allen's interview, might have changed my mind. But Anderson seemed to get down the track ok, I mean a track record is good right??? Funny I'm not even a PS fan, unless Cunningham and Enders do something this year we'll see...........Glidden where are you and Motorcraft when I need you?

Last edited:
Kurt's got more passes in a P/S car than I do so I'll take his word for it.
dunno.gif

Pro Stock is a different animal when it comes to the cooler tracks and the tighter race tracks....they have no downforce on the rear wheels so they tend to get A LOT more loose than TF and FC with their dump truck wings on the back

Matt...I hate you. WTF . The event should have been postponed..PERIOD!

I knew it would happen, another PO'd chevy fan yellin at me cuz I call their driver a sissy, even tho other GM cars went down the track just fine. Sure it prolly would have been better to post pone the race, but like all fans I've been waitin for this stuff for 2 long months dangit!!!

And I do understand that, look at Mike Neff's run, but he just shook the tires c'mon!!!! Like the topic says, some will hate me, It's ok.
Matt, i dont think you really understand how the cold track conditions can Seriously effect the safety aspect of the sport. Look at the two runs in pro stock. If V or Johnny did not lift when they got slideways those two would have been on their lids. When it gets below 65 on the track, it becomes an ice rink. NHRA knows this. I am baffled why they let them run.

It was not a matter of prep. It was just too cold at the top end to send them down. The problem KJ addressed was with the left lane. Which for the pro stock cars, was just HORRIBLE. Dunn mentioned the 'shine' at 100-200'. That is not good for the pro stock guys. The VHT does not bond as well under 70 degrees. It basically back fires and becomes slippery.
KJ was being EASY on the situation.

I don't hate you. That would be a waste of emotion on my part. I think you're obnoxious for telling other people what they "really think". Does Kurt have a history of "whining"?

Maybe I'll get the free psychoanalysis bit, too! :D

Here! Let ME take a crack at it! Kurt was "complaining" and you're the one doing the "whining"? I think YOU hate you! :D

Last edited:
There is a HUGE difference between 50ish weather on a 57 degree track and a 70 degree track like they showed on the telecast yesterday. I made the comment to my wife, after watching both Beckleys and Kurts runs, that it was unsafe for the PS cars, and I had hoped Kurt would tell it like it is. He didn't disappoint.

I don't hate you. That would be a waste of emotion on my part. I think you're obnoxious for telling other people what they "really think". Does Kurt have a history of "whining"?

Maybe I'll get the free psychoanalysis bit, too! :D

Here! Let ME take a crack at it! Kurt was "complaining" and you're the one doing the "whining"? I think YOU hate you! :D

Thanks for telling it like it is Ron......

Kurt was speaking the truth, this doesnt have jack crap to do with Chevy or whatever. The track was unsafe period. I dont care what fuel cars went down, it was unsafe by the time the Pro Stocks came up to run. The NHRA did the best they could and when they realized the track was unsafe they pulled the plug.

Two pairs of Pro Stock cars ran, the two cars that ran in the left lane spun at the drop of the clutch like they were in the waterbox, the two that ran in the right lane were lucky to have not gone into the wall at about 800ft.

Kurt Johnson whine? I don't think the guy knows how to whine. He is the first person to admit when he has screwed up.

He speaks the truth, and with over 15 years experience behind the wheel, I know who I would be listening to.

Ok, so I already know I'm gonna get flamed on here and some will prolly hate me but.......I thought Kurt Johnson's little whining after his round one LOSS about the track being unsafe and what not to be totally uncalled for. I'm sure we all watched pairs of fuel cars and door slammers go down the track.....yes some with their problems, but I never saw unsafe conditions!!!!! Sounds like a big excuse to me. I know I'm Mr. Blue Oval man, but good lord what a cry baby!

Did you see the other lane where Jonny Gray almost bit it?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back