Will Someone PULEEESE Kick My A** (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
OK

I may have mentioned it here last week, but today I went to E Town as they were having a Import/Sport Compact Race... I had been looking at the average RT of Import drivers.. I swear it .170 - 350 RT and that is in the final and semi finals..

So I'm my Infinite Wisdom I decided to go to E Town today and try to beat a few ducks with my Caviler.. in the 15.00 and slower class.. It paid $500

Did I mention I have my Medicare card...so you can safely assume I'm NOT into Hip Hop, Rap, Etc... But I was willing to deal with it for a shot at $500

Well things got off to a good start. there were not TOO many cars in my class (about 15-18) so I'd have to go 4 or 5 rounds to win or only 3 to make it to the semi's which also paid $50

I got 4 Time shots in ..the car was not too consistent 16.67 to 16.88 but I was hitting the tree. best light was .017 worst was .094 in 4 runs..

We were done with TT at 12 noon and now the track is going to have "Qualifying" for the Heads up class (All Import) i.e. All motor (no power adder) FWD, RWD, and about 4 other classes..

They started to run 1st round of qualifying at 1pm... I SWEAR by 3pm only 7 cars had gotten down the track... :(

1st pair one car blew it up at the 330' and coasted past the finish line leaking oil all the way... (1 hr clean up) Honest to God.. the next pair.. a turbo car has a hose let go & the "DUMB SOB" had anti freeze in it and leaked to down the OTHER lane.... chalk up 1 more hr of clean up...

Now its 3pm the ran two pairs total of 4 cars.. and then the next pair.. The guy had a Trans break.. and it split the trans case right on the starting line dumping 8 qts of tranny fluid on the start line...

Now the track makes an announcement do to the unusual amount of oil downs, they will have the "Bracket Class" sit it out while the Pro class (The ones who have been dumping more oil than Kuwait lost in the war) Return for their 2nd qualifying shot... This means I'm not gonna run 1st round until 7pm :(

I then went to one of the track personnel (no names) but told him, or her.. that I had very bad pain in my stomach and could I get a rain check .. I told them I DID make 4 Time shots..But was unable to continue...

Thank God this person got me a refund (Rain Check) that I can use at the next race I race in...

If I ever post I want some easy $$ by beating up on the Imports please just shoot me...

Last edited:
Good (bad) story John. I have one of those cards, for 1 month now, and I HAVE used it. Had I gone to E-town with you I would have had to use it again! I also have Nitro, in a little bottle in my pocket, dammit! I guess they out to have a "seasoned" class, for us adults. Kids!

The real shame of that whole story about the Richmond track prep is that they added this race by taking the fall race out of Chicago.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back