Silly Season (1 Viewer)

ch3no282

Nitro Member
It's that time of year again. I figured I'd get this thread started. I look forward to the "Silly Season" every year. Rumors running rampant about who is going to end up where, along with new sponsorships hopefully. If any fellow maters have any news lets get it going. 78 days and counting!!!:D

Usually, it's Alan Johnson going to Kalitta, Shoemacher set to bring out 4 more funny cars - with Scelzi, Skuza, Baze & TJ driving, Force's Granddaughter getting her A-fuel license, Marty Reid coming back to ESPN2, Erica Enders is on the verge of signing a multi-billion dollar pro stock deal, a 1500' foot freighter carrying NHRA's entire season's worth of Nitromethane supply gets hijacked at Capetown South Africa, only 6 fuelers will be at Pomona, Big Daddy is selling Swamp Rat I at Barrett-Jackson (for Darryll Gwynn's Foundation), 7 T/F teams are going to IHRA.... and Rick Stewart has enrolled in hand to hand combat Tae Kwon Do classes. :D

Usually, it's Alan Johnson going to Kalitta, Shoemacher set to bring out 4 more funny cars - with Scelzi, Skuza, Baze & TJ driving, Force's Granddaughter getting her A-fuel license, Marty Reid coming back to ESPN2, Erica Enders is on the verge of signing a multi-billion dollar pro stock deal, a 1500' foot freighter carrying NHRA's entire season's worth of Nitromethane supply gets hijacked at Capetown South Africa, only 6 fuelers will be at Pomona, Big Daddy is selling Swamp Rat I at Barrett-Jackson (for Darryll Gwynn's Foundation), 7 T/F teams are going to IHRA.... and Rick Stewart has enrolled in hand to hand combat Tae Kwon Do classes. :D

Dang, I missed the Marty Reid thing.... and I thought it was the Brothers O going to DSR to run the 4th pipe-rack... and it's a 250 foot tramp with four 20 foot conex boxes of pop that was 're-directed' to the new 'Home Office' in Dubai...

I'm hoping VP has a Broker/Forwarder that can 'walk on water'... the newest CBP/HS rules are a someofamitch...

d'kid

Hey Chris....I've been watching reruns of MMA...I'll be ready in 2010!!!:D

Just read that Tommy Johnson will be in one of the Top Fuel cars The Don has built to run in the mid-east this winter. No other drivers signed as of yet.
I wonder what those folks would think of Hillery Will racing against the boys?

Just read that Tommy Johnson will be in one of the Top Fuel cars The Don has built to run in the mid-east this winter. No other drivers signed as of yet.

Probably be fine as long as she keeps her face covered up.

Melanie would be the logical choice...........

Why not ? she would be covered head to toe in a firesuit and helmet.
She would just need to walk around all day and night in a firesuit and helmet.

If I remember what I have read in the past couple years correctly...
1.) Women aren't allowed to drive, they are driven.
2.) Men do most of the household shopping so that women will not be intermingling in the stores with strangers (men.)
3.) Women have separate entrances and separate floors in malls.
4.) Women must have written permission or a male family member with them to be out in public.

She wouldn't be allowed on the track, very likely that no woman would be at the track.

Saudi Arabia is where the women can't do anything. Quatar and Abu Dabi aren't like that. Nor is Bahrain. That said tho, I don't know if any racing series have included woman drivers in any of those countries yet.

Saudi Arabia is where the women can't do anything. Quatar and Abu Dabi aren't like that. Nor is Bahrain. That said tho, I don't know if any racing series have included woman drivers in any of those countries yet.

Prolly afraid they'd get their azz'z kicked.

When F1 races in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi they are not allowed to spray champagne on the podium. Mumm sponsors the podium ceremony in F1 and were furious at this development. The compromise is carbonated rose water, and the bottles have the white label and red stripe like all other bottles of Mumm, but it does not say "Mumm" on the bottle, nor is there any podium signage for Mumm, as there is at all other F1 venues. The funny thing is, they can have all the tobacco signage and sponsorship that they want.

They do have grid girls at Bahrain and Abu Dhabi for F1, but they are rather conservatively dressed compared to other F1 sites, instead of spandex and bikinis, they look kinda like flight attendants.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back