The Sports Rant Thread. (1 Viewer)

Speaking of sports rants down here in FL all they're talking about is how the Tuna and the new coach are going to turn the Dolphins around. Please! I'm going to say max 8-8 but that's it.
For a team that was 1-15 last year, I think 8-8 would a huge accomplishment. I`m as big a `Phish fan as you`ll ever meet and I`m predicting 5-11 or 6-10. And it is big news when the Dolphins now have Parcells and Tony Sporano calling the shots....plus all the other assistant coaches that the Cowboys had. They ain`t gonna turn it around overnight but they`ll get there.

For a team that was 1-15 last year, I think 8-8 would a huge accomplishment. I`m as big a `Phish fan as you`ll ever meet and I`m predicting 5-11 or 6-10. And it is big news when the Dolphins now have Parcells and Tony Sporano calling the shots....plus all the other assistant coaches that the Cowboys had. They ain`t gonna turn it around overnight but they`ll get there.

I think 5-11 or 6-10 is still big shoes to fill. I think the Fish still stink.

Chris and PJ I can't understand how Millen has a job either. A great player that parlayed a TV gig into a GM spot. You can't build an NFL team around WR 1st Rounders, but he tried.

Sam, I agree with you on the Fins as well. Look at the division there. The Pats are the Pats. They'll probably win 13 this season. The Jets are all set to improve with not just #4 but other additions. And everyone is saying the Most Improved could be the Bills.

I think 5-11 or 6-10 is still big shoes to fill. I think the Fish still stink.
Maybe...but they`ll get there. I`m just glad they got Parcells and Sporano from Dallas. You know Phillips is gone if the Cowboys don`t win their first playoff game since, what, `96? Even the stinky Dolphins have won a playoff game in the new millenium.

OK, I'll rant... I'm a life long Detroit Lions fan (as the readers all bust out laughing).... How can the Ford family and Matt Millen allow Coach Rob Marinelli to still be employed? Somebody needs to bonk all 3 of them on the head; maybe THEN they'll get it. Are the fans going to have to go through another torturous season?? Sure looks like it. The Fords are trying to persevere... typical Lions management thinking ever since Briggs Stadium....IT'S NOT WORKING.
We need a new Coach. Some fans get fired up if their team beats thier rival; some get excited about making the playoffs; some proudly boast thier teams W-L record..... Lion's fans - ANY win is a good day; and the holy grail is Thanksgiving Day on national television - if we can get over that hurdle and get the W..... that's pure Michigan Euphoria!

I'm a Lions fan here. Millen is the problem they were a plyoff bubble team the year he got here and haven't been anywhere close to it sense. Look at how many draft pick bust he has had. I swear he's got some naked pictures of the Fords with a goat or something. Thats the only way that schmuck can still have a job

You boys just need to get Bill out of retirement and get you a good ol' dose of Cowher Power! :D

It broke my heart when he left my almighty Steelers, but I think they did a good job on his replacement with Tomlin.

Sean D

Maybe...but they`ll get there. I`m just glad they got Parcells and Sporano from Dallas. You know Phillips is gone if the Cowboys don`t win their first playoff game since, what, `96? Even the stinky Dolphins have won a playoff game in the new millenium.

I think Phillips is gone no matter what, Jason Garrett will most likely be the Cowboys coach when the 09 season starts.

Hey, I was glad to get rid of Parcells. I've never liked the Tuna. Ofcourse since I bleed Cowboy silver and blue I believe we should ahve never got rid of Jimmie! Though honestly with Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Moose, and the rest of the supporting cast anybody could have coached them to the Superbowl.

But back to reality, the Cowboys will be ok. They will make the playoffs and I think they will win the first round, we will see after that. They shoulda won last year. Miami just doesnt have any players though I would like to see Ricky Williams actually attribute. The guy had all the talent in the world and wasted it on weed.

I lived in DFW during the second stint of glory years - Johnson, Switzer. The triplets - Aik, Irv & Emm.... that team was amazing. Why doesn't Jerry Jones have a go at the headset & clipboard??? Sometimes I think he knows more than the coaches.

I lived in DFW during the second stint of glory years - Johnson, Switzer. The triplets - Aik, Irv & Emm.... that team was amazing. Why doesn't Jerry Jones have a go at the headset & clipboard??? Sometimes I think he knows more than the coaches.

Thats the problem, he THINKS he knows more than the coaches. I think he's way too involved in the team. Ofcourse though when you own it, you can be!

It has now been a total of
4247 days
since the Dallas Cowboys last
won a postseason game.

Hail to the Redskins!!!

The skins? The boyz may not have won a playoff game in 4247 days but they will kick the sh*t outta the skins any day of the week. By the way, who's the skins' qb this year? Seriously, I dont remember.

The skins? The boyz may not have won a playoff game in 4247 days but they will kick the sh*t outta the skins any day of the week. By the way, who's the skins' qb this year? Seriously, I dont remember.

That would be Jason Campbell. A guy who must reduce his fumbles if the Skins have a chance. Pretty good smack talking for a team that made the playoffs in the toughest division in SPORTS. Really, shouldn't our NFC EAST get an automatic 2 playoff berths each year!!! I know the book on Campbell. They were 4-6 when Todd Collins took over last season for the late season charge.

Cowboys should beat the Skins with the talent they have. Just don't spot the Skins 13 points on Monday Night Football. That was a game for the ages.
Never bet on a drag race....Never beat on a game in the NFC EAST.

That would be Jason Campbell. A guy who must reduce his fumbles if the Skins have a chance. Pretty good smack talking for a team that made the playoffs in the toughest division in SPORTS. Really, shouldn't our NFC EAST get an automatic 2 playoff berths each year!!! I know the book on Campbell. They were 4-6 when Todd Collins took over last season for the late season charge.

Cowboys should beat the Skins with the talent they have. Just don't spot the Skins 13 points on Monday Night Football. That was a game for the ages.
Never bet on a drag race....Never beat on a game in the NFC EAST.

I hear ya Steve, you know I'm just messing with you. And I really didnt know the qb for the skins. For some reason I was thinking it was Trent Green. And to think I always do well at fantasy football and I dont even know all the qb's. I hear, that 13 pts was a little upsided for sure like most of the Pats games last year.

Aslong as the Saints, Packers, Patriots, Jets, Eagles, and Giants all lose!

I was refering to the 13 point deficeit erased by the Skins on MNF 4 seasons ago. 13-0 at the half. What a game.

I just want the Skins and Dallas matchup to take on league ramifications again.

Sick of the Pats.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back