The Sports Rant Thread. (1 Viewer)

Today in baseball history we'd look forward to and even debate about who would win the HR Derby tonight. Now we have to spend the day looking up the bio's on these guys to see who they are!!!! Players make all the jack in the world but can't give back to the fans. And I could go on and on about the NBA Dunk Contest to Jeff Gordon being the first to pull out of racing IROC when it paid $1 Mil to win the title.

None of the all star games are worth a crap. It's all a popularity contest, to many deserving players don't make it because some washed up "name" is still playing.

Plus baseball's is just pathetic in that they have the rule where every team has to have 1 person on the roster. Complete BS. Its not an all star game its "The break in the season all Maketing game"

haha I remember all the old hockey games and the Australian rules football games...but dont remember the dancing...

haha BC...that's what I tell DH when he says HEY, you remember that don't ya...and I tell him...no dear that was BC...Before (me) Cheryl. He stomps away :D (xwife - 28 years ago)

BTW, I don't mind watching poker.....sometimes it is interesting to watch the players actions and reactions.

And personally, I would like to kick Jim Rome in the nuts everytime I hear him...
Alan, buddy, like I have told you many times before, you need to let those feelings OUT and not try to keep that bottled up inside!:D

None of the all star games are worth a crap. It's all a popularity contest, to many deserving players don't make it because some washed up "name" is still playing.

Plus baseball's is just pathetic in that they have the rule where every team has to have 1 person on the roster. Complete BS. Its not an all star game its "The break in the season all Maketing game"

I agree on the All Star rule with ya! My A's have 1 player that is derserving and that's it. Terry Francona tabbing Jason Viaritek on the roster was a joke.

Terry Francona didn't place Varitek on the roster. He was voted in by the players. The every team having to have 1 player on the roster is for the fans in the cities that don't have the big time exposure. If it wasn't for that you may never hear of them. Personally I would rather watch grass grow than watch poker on the boob tube and I love to play poker. The spelling bee thing is a joke. I may not like all the sports that they show, but at least most of them can be called sports.

Jack

Terry Francona didn't place Varitek on the roster. He was voted in by the players. The every team having to have 1 player on the roster is for the fans in the cities that don't have the big time exposure. If it wasn't for that you may never hear of them. Personally I would rather watch grass grow than watch poker on the boob tube and I love to play poker. The spelling bee thing is a joke. I may not like all the sports that they show, but at least most of them can be called sports.

Jack

You are right Jack. My rant got ahead of my brain. The anger was directed at the players!!

How's about Bret Farve mania! I sure hope he retires 15 more seasons then returns 15 more times so we can watch his sorry mug get played by the sports media for the rest of my life.

My sincere hope is that he will be savagely malled on the first play of the season - ending his career-again so he can rehab then return for the same fate over and over!

How's about Bret Farve mania! I sure hope he retires 15 more seasons then returns 15 more times so we can watch his sorry mug get played by the sports media for the rest of my life.

My sincere hope is that he will be savagely malled on the first play of the season - ending his career-again so he can rehab then return for the same fate over and over!

OMG!!!

I can't freakin' believe the air-time this deal is getting! Who gives a rats-a$$?! So the team wants to move on, so what?! Cut him loose to a team that you don't give a damn about so ES-freakin'-PN can start giving due coverage to the stuff that deserves it. Hell, even some of the Packer faithful are tired of it!

Sean D

Everyone at Sporting News Radio, ESPN Radio, ESPN, and bloggers can stop jumping on the Texas Tech FBall bandwagon. It's full!!! Geezzzz.

I don't know about your area, but Clemson nation has never been filled with higher expectations. AND THAT SAYS A LOT!!! It's ridiculous!!!!

His mug will be around, deservedly so.

When he goes into the HOF, and is mentioned, not as the greatest, but one of the greats. GB has had him and Bart Starr. Forever. Big shoes to fill. Something like 50 men tried and couldnt do it.

There was a post about titletown, and I don't think it is in GB, but, they do have a claim to appearing ins some of the greatest title games. And, it is a shame the way he acted.

Favre is a HOF great, if not an attention whore.

I hope no player gets so "savagely malled" that their career is ended, And then have it happen again and again.

I think he tried to and maybe even succeeded, (according to some) in one upping the Pack. The Pack made some long term plans, and Farve didn't fit in after quitting in March.

I do hope he gets picked up a few times and has to have his helmet straightened out because he is looking out the ear hole. Thats what is realistically going to happen in NY.

A nice stumble to the opposing teams bench would be nice sometime this season too.

Last edited:
i love how they have 1st and 10, jim rome, around the horn, pti, then sportscenter all discussing the EXACT same thing:mad:

and nothing worse than coastal bias...the rockies had a 22 inning game this year...now if it was the YANKEES we would have had a special series devoted to the game, 10 essays on it, and the talk of sportscenter for the full hour

oh yea and poker, titletown, spelling, arm wrestling, and anything to do with a sport 3 months before the season starts is all worthless

there, think I covered all my bases:p

Speaking of sports rants down here in FL all they're talking about is how the Tuna and the new coach are going to turn the Dolphins around. Please! I'm going to say max 8-8 but that's it.

Oh and speaking of Jim Rome, this is my favorite Jim Rome moment:

YouTube - Jim Rome

OK, I'll rant... I'm a life long Detroit Lions fan (as the readers all bust out laughing).... How can the Ford family and Matt Millen allow Coach Rob Marinelli to still be employed? Somebody needs to bonk all 3 of them on the head; maybe THEN they'll get it. Are the fans going to have to go through another torturous season?? Sure looks like it. The Fords are trying to persevere... typical Lions management thinking ever since Briggs Stadium....IT'S NOT WORKING.
We need a new Coach. Some fans get fired up if their team beats thier rival; some get excited about making the playoffs; some proudly boast thier teams W-L record..... Lion's fans - ANY win is a good day; and the holy grail is Thanksgiving Day on national television - if we can get over that hurdle and get the W..... that's pure Michigan Euphoria!

Last edited:
OK, I'll rant... I'm a life long Detroit Lions fan (as the readers all bust out laughing).... How can the Ford family and Matt Millen allow Coach Rob Marinelli to still be employed? Somebody needs to bonk all 3 of them on the head; maybe THEN they'll get it. Are the fans going to have to go through another torturous season?? Sure looks like it. The Fords are trying to persevere... typical Lions management thinking ever since Briggs Stadium....IT'S NOT WORKING.
We need a new Coach. Some fans get fired up if their team beats thier rival; some get excited about making the playoffs; some proudly boast thier teams W-L record..... Lion's fans - ANY win is a good day; and the holy grail is Thanksgiving Day on national television - if we can get over that hurdle and get the W..... that's pure Michigan Euphoria!

I'm a Lions fan here. Millen is the problem they were a plyoff bubble team the year he got here and haven't been anywhere close to it sense. Look at how many draft pick bust he has had. I swear he's got some naked pictures of the Fords with a goat or something. Thats the only way that schmuck can still have a job

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back