Seattle race is approaching. Who do I interview this year? (1 Viewer)

Kris, Brad & Bernie Plourd are local to Maple Valley. Both have extensive Sportsman experience travelling around the country would probably be an interesting interview.

Yeah, I know, but I've never been able to get contact information for them. As I said, it is a challenge to hook up with the local sportsman racers. And I think last year they didn't compete at the race ...

I'm wondering if maybe I could do something both with Joe Hartley and Mike Edwards. One piece with Hartley about being an independent team with no sponsor and how they manage the economics of running the tour, particularly the Western Swing. Then maybe a Q&A piece with Edwards about his season, because let's face it, he's having a great season. :)

Hmm. I'll ponder some more because I hate to have to pick one or the other. We should have enough room for that ... I'd probably need two or three pages but I could swing it. We run three to five every week during the school year just for high school sports. I could offer it to Kent and Auburn, as well, since they're both less then 10 miles from the track.

Having looked up Terry Haddock I see he's in Woodinville ... I don't believe we actually have a newspaper that covers that area, so, I think I may have to skip that. Plus I feel I need to get away from the funny car class this year. :p

Yeah, a plan is beginning to form. :D

In terms of the pros, I'd go with Tasca and Wilk. But I like the idea of a touring sportsman from that area and you've got one of the best in the sport-Mark Faul-plus he's a great person and his Dad races as well.

After further research (I love this forum) it looks like Terry Haddock would be a good bet. We'll see how it all plays out. :)

This is always a hard decision for me because I get to do this once a year and I only have so much space.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'll let you guys know once I get something finalized in the next few days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back