The reporter wants suggestions (1 Viewer)

Isn't the husband & wife team of Mary Ann & Kal Method (stock elim.) from Washington?
also, one of this year's surprise #1 qualifiers Joe Hartley resides in
Oregon.

I will have to touch base with Capps at some point if I keep covering this track because the first time I wrote about NHRA, he was the first driver I interviewed while he was still with Snake Racing. In fact, you could say that Capps and Snake Racing are the reasons I write about NHRA and Pacific Raceways now, why I love drag racing and writing about it.

Yes, you can find my stories online now, some of them at least at:
covingtonreporter.com
It's a pretty basic Web site. I actually just wrote a story that ran in Saturday's paper about the new GM at Pacific Raceways. That's who offered to put me in a Pontiac (sportsman car, I assume) on July 7 at the track to get the ride of a lifetime. :D
Hopefully it's up on the site right now. Oh, look, it is:
maplevalleyreporter.com

And thanks to Kelly for posting the articles I've written in the past. :)

Our papers were bought out in November and we've had a lot of changes since January. We're continually evolving and hopefully Web access to my articles will improve in the future.

I love writing about drag racing so if anyone needs a good writer...lol.

Anyway, please, continue with the ideas! They're great. Both sportsman and pros, but, remember with the sportsman racers that we only cover about a dozen specific suburbs of Seattle: Kent, Renton, Auburn, Covington, Maple Valley, Sumner, Lake Tapps, Bellevue, Redmond, Bothell, Kenmore and Kirkland.

I've interviewed Ron Capps, Melanie Troxel, Cruz and Tony Pedregon in the past. I don't know what pros to interview this year ... so many choices!

Top Fuel driver Larry Dixon and his team have won the last two events and are currently second in the points standings. Of course, Larry is a two-time NHRA Top Fuel champion and has a lot of history and stories behind his success.

Funny Car driver Gary Scelzi is in his last season of NHRA Drag Racing competition – at least for awhile. He is also a multi-time NHRA champion with titles in both Top Fuel and Funny Car. Besides Gary Scelzi, the only other driver to win both an NHRA Funny Car and Top Fuel championship is Kenny Bernstein. And most here know what a treat it is to meet and hear tales from Scelzi.

Good luck!

A plan is starting to form ... I'll get working on getting stuff set up and will let you guys know once I have things firm.

So many great ideas, thanks everyone! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back