Northwest Nationals are around the corner...who to write about this year? (1 Viewer)

Kris

Nitro Member
Seems like there are some good pro options. And, of course, I will want to talk with a couple of sportsman racers from around here (Covington, Maple Valley, Black Diamond, Kent, Renton, Auburn ... any of those cities).

So, throw out your suggestions. I was thinking maybe Steve Torrance or Erica Enders. But, I'm pretty open. Just not anyone I've interviewed already.

OK. Go!

Gen III Mike Minick

You are going in the swing MM?

d'kid

No swing for me. Running a bunch of dates with the NFC in the next couple of weeks. Grand Bend next weekend for the IHRA race, Union Grove, Martin, maybe Cordova, Union Grove again. I'll be keeping busy. :)

Kris, those are both good choices. I'm kind of partial to Top Fuel, but EE made a pretty historic run.

I haven't written about a top fueler in a while and I think Steve has a great story. Just need to figure out how to get hold of him.

I'm going to get in touch with a couple other people in the local racing community to see what I can get as far as area drivers.

Please keep the ideas coming, though! I've always done well with what comes from the 'Mater. :)

I'm so glad I have good ideas! :D Then I think I need to get looking for Steve's contact info. Thanks for the help people.

Steve T. is a great choice. The Bodes would've been great too but... :(

Another option is to find out why/how ownership dumped the old food concessionare (too expensive) only to bring them back for The Nats because the new (cheaper) company can't handle the big wknd!!!
OOOOPS Sorry to vent my dis-like of our track ownership! ;)

Good luck Kris & can't wait to read your great 2012 story! :cool:

Steve T. is a great choice. The Bodes would've been great too but... :(

Another option is to find out why/how ownership dumped the old food concessionare (too expensive) only to bring them back for The Nats because the new (cheaper) company can't handle the big wknd!!!
OOOOPS Sorry to vent my dis-like of our track ownership! ;)

Good luck Kris & can't wait to read your great 2012 story! :cool:

Oh, I always forget about the Bodes! I'll figure something out there. :)

Heh, I'll ask Jason about the concessions when I see him out at the track on Aug. 1. I also have some other connections at the track.

One more vote for Steve Torrence. If you do an article on him, you could feature a local tie-in, as Steve buys his chassis from local builder Brad Hadman in S Tacoma. I hear Brad's building him a brand new one, it's on the jig right now.

Since I have contact info for Steve Torrence's PR guy, I will do a story with Steve. I can definitely ask about the new chassis, but, we don't have any publications in the Tacoma area so not close enough of a tie for us. We do this whole 'hyper local' thing. :rolleyes: That's why I like to do a few stories, with the pro feature being the main story then two others to go with it on local racers from south King County. :) I got lucky last year. But, I have some other connections, so I will find some folks to feature.

You could also touch base back in with Bob Woodruff, who you profiled last year. He just got back from Chicago as the D6 Super Comp representative at the Jegs All Star race. Had a disappointing race, but as they say "just to be selected is an honor", and it was a big deal for he and Connie to make the trip.

Brad Burton-check out the points lead he has in stock-he has won five races already this year. He lives in Kirkland, WA-don't know how close that is to you.

You could also touch base back in with Bob Woodruff, who you profiled last year. He just got back from Chicago as the D6 Super Comp representative at the Jegs All Star race. Had a disappointing race, but as they say "just to be selected is an honor", and it was a big deal for he and Connie to make the trip.

I do still have their contact info. Didn't know they went out to that so definitely a good angle. Thanks for the idea!

Brad Burton-check out the points lead he has in stock-he has won five races already this year. He lives in Kirkland, WA-don't know how close that is to you.

Close-ish. We have a newspaper in Kirkland, though, so I could share with them ...

If you would like to get some opinions from truly low buck guys, how bout Dean Alexander? Or Craig Smith? Both owners have nice TF cars. Neither make the nationals very often, but it might be nice to hear from the horses mouth what it takes to make it in the big leagues. JMO...

Torrence is a great story and a worthy interviewee.

I'm not sure who you've interviewed in the past, but that Kalivoda fella is from the seattle area - I'm just not sure if the Warrior Racing Team is going to be there this year or not.

Torrence is a great story and a worthy interviewee.

I'm not sure who you've interviewed in the past, but that Kalivoda fella is from the seattle area - I'm just not sure if the Warrior Racing Team is going to be there this year or not.

I have not interviewed Kalivoda. It's worth checking into at least. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back