Question.. Throttle blip (1 Viewer)

James

Nitro Member
What teams still whack the throttle during there warm up? I'm trying to make a list,so i know what teams to go to in the pits! Thanks guys... I know kalittas and forces do,and a few others,help me make a list!:)

I think Larry Dixon/Donnie Bender still do it.

Are you sure about the Force cars? I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they do it any longer .... I could be dead wrong.

Some teams do it to "seat" the clutch. Basically it gets the clutch into a condition that they like to base their application timers and pressure on.

Other teams feel that it isn't necessary therefor don't do it.

I think it should be compulsory!! :D

...I think it should be compulsory!! :D
great word paul; compulsory.
mental image of figure skating announcers........
"and now for the 'throttle blip'" :p

.....making list of teams......reminds me of this young kid at BIR a few
years ago that wore a gas mask (military style with single filter) and ran
around the pits trying to get on the rope for as many warmups as possible.
his buddy always wore this t-shirt that said 'i'm with stupid' :D:D:

At Memphis, Bernstein's Monster FC did not but the Bud TF car did. I thought it was odd that they didn't have similar procedures so I asked about it in an e-mail. They responded, saying it was the individual crew chiefs call.

I think Larry Dixon/Donnie Bender still do it.

Are you sure about the Force cars? I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they do it any longer .... I could be dead wrong.

Oh yeah, Force & Co. still do it, 2-3 times each. Others I remember: Cruz, Tony, Bernstein, Kalitta & Co, Del.

That's all I have to say 'bout that.:D

The Kalittas still give it a good whack .... :D

Did the Kalitta pit experience with Speed Pryncess and her Newbie significant other at CSK. Of course, we didn't prepare him for the "hit" - :D
Watching Scott is especially cool - you're standing a few feet from the car, crew are holding the chassis, he's yanking on the brake and amped up!
And . . . it's not a "blip"! Two hits on the high side - very . . . :cool:

Haha,i have the same mask..nothin like bein that close!

.....making list of teams......reminds me of this young kid at BIR a few
years ago that wore a gas mask (military style with single filter) and ran
around the pits trying to get on the rope for as many warmups as possible.
his buddy always wore this t-shirt that said 'i'm with stupid' :D:D:

Ahhh yes....watching a friend at his first race a few years ago, I would have thought that he left his shoes on the pavement during his first throttle blip.....

Then the tears started to flow after his first whiff of the yellow cloud...:D

Team Kalitta does it and I love it. Nothing better than watching a mass group of people jump at the same time. Even many of the veteran fans.

I agree it sould be mandatory and while we're at it half track burnouts should be the minimum :)

Last year at Gainesville I was talking to Valerie Harrell, Scott Kalitta had just fired up right next to us so I wasn't paying attention. He hit that Throttle and I was like a scalded Dog! I hadn't jumped like that in years!:eek:

Those are great aren't they? I didn't think we had any jumpers on this board. Just be sure you're either listening for the motor to switch over, or that you can see the crew bearing down on the car just before the drivers right foot flinches; otherwise you too risk becoming a jumper.

I don't know what Densham' s teams does differently, but man was the air thick at E-town last year. I had tears running from my eyes :D

Stood at the Bud pit at Pomona during one warmup last November thinking that Tim&Kim always include a blip ... and they didn't. Some people standing by me, had a newbie look to them, were "Yeah, well, so what's the big deal?"

Hope they then went down to Kalitta's in a relaxed and careless frame of mind.

I could watch the crew grab the car, the crew chief signal the driver, the owner say ready set now, and watch the driver hit the pedal, and I still would jump.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back