Warm up question (2 Viewers)

Youre kidding right? A mask enables one to be and stay as close as possible during a warmup. Pref one that includes throttle wacks. Yeah,go ahead and inhale all that nitro tough guy,ill be front row enjoying a full out assault on my body and sense (minus smell).

It would seem the 'macho' guys are the ones with no mask?:confused:

wear or don't wear what you want (i prefer to stand upwind), but if you do
wear a mask, please do not feel that you are somehow entitled to push your
way to the rope, past others and especially kids and youth (have seen it
numerous times and whoever they are look and act like morons)
if you want to be by the rope, then get to your favorite 'car' well before they
fire and wait.

wear or don't wear what you want (i prefer to stand upwind), but if you do
wear a mask, please do not feel that you are somehow entitled to push your
way to the rope, past others and especially kids and youth (have seen it
numerous times and whoever they are look and act like morons)
if you want to be by the rope, then get to your favorite 'car' well before they
fire and wait.

I just way for the 'tough guys' to clear out after fire and make my way up to the rope. No need to push.

Most times a mask isnt needed due to wind. I dont even waste my time on cars who dont hit the throttle.

We will do our best to make Gainsville soon...haha..... I agree on the mandatory throttle whacks AND the half track burnouts..... New Rule for the fans!!!? Im in!!!! Scott Palmer

Last edited:
Back in the day of front engine dragsters and push starts, I was a crewman. We would push the car down towards the starting line, and it would have to make the u turn in staging. They couldn't make it, so crew members would have to jump out, grab the roll bar and pull the car back so he could finish the turn. While doing this, the headers are banging you on the side of the head. I lost good part of my hearing doing that when I was young.

The part I hated was being in the push car when the race car started, then you are following it up to the line. The push car would fill with fumes and there was no escape.

I finally had to tell everyone, " I don't care how hot it is out, if you don't put the windows up and turn off the air, I am not going to ride to the starting line anymore."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back