Warm up question (1 Viewer)

82GT

Nitro Member
So I'm taking my wife to the summernationals at E-town tomorrow. Do any teams still wack the throttle to seat the clutch during the warm ups?

Forces floppers do,brittany doesnt for whatever reason? No shoe cars do,nor kalitta anymore:( some of the smaller budget guys will.

Stop by the Lagana camp before first round...They're usually good for two or three :D

Thanks, I know most where going away from it, and now backing the dragsters in :(

That was always my favorite :D

The Force cars haven't whacked the throttle in Houston a month ago or E-Town this weekend. The only car I have seen whack the gas lately was Scott Palmer in Houston.

One of the main reasons I wanted a fuel car was the warmups! 10 years ago everyone whacked the throttle! The pit area during warmups were as exciting as the race. We will always do it...... hell this season its the best thing we have done....haha. Our performance hasn't been very good but our warmups are Bad Ass! !! We are working on the performance now...... come by and hang out for the warmup when we're at an event,see you soon! Scott Palmer

Great post Scott! Great to see you out there mixing it up. And I'm with ya', I've thought about having an A/FD just to roll it out, put it up on jackstands, and let it cackle!:D

Sadly, it's gone the way of the dry hop. :(

Eddie Hill once told me they'd stopped whacking because it was hard on superchargers and valve springs. John Force once said during an interview that the extra nitro burned during warmups, with whacks, X4 in his case, was costing him $80,000 a year in fuel expenses. I don't believe that, but that's what he said.

And today, clutch consistency is so critical that the teams don't dare do anything that might upset it. So, it's rapidly become a thing of the past. I wish Garlits was still racing. I bet that old man would still give us a whap or two. And if Palmer is coming to Dallas, my son and I will be hanging at his pit. :)

I heard NHRA (No Hot Rods Allowed) is planning to use Auto Shutoff Systems in the pit to prevent anyone enjoying the smells and sounds for Nitor Cars! Soon the zoomies will be replaced with mufflers, and catalytic converters to cut down on the noise and fumes!:eek:

Rob, there IS a tradeoff re: the headerflames. Today's cars don't show flames at idle or even burnouts, but, yesterday's cars didn't have the montrous, wing-high fire that we see today, from the hit, all the way through the lights.

The only one I noticed was Blake Alexander's team. I had to run over and thank the random crew guy at the ropes

Sad the rest of the warms up were kinda boring :(

I still enjoy the burn cleaning of my sinus cavity, however you need the mule kick to the chest to go with it

come by and hang out for the warmup when we're at an event,see you soon! Scott Palmer

Scott, Hi, my name is Jim, the newest member to your fan club, I'll be at your ropes at any event we both make

Rob, there IS a tradeoff re: the headerflames. Today's cars don't show flames at idle or even burnouts, but, yesterday's cars didn't have the montrous, wing-high fire that we see today, from the hit, all the way through the lights.

I hope they find a way to restore that, like when Gary Litton's Tennessee Shaker, Bobby Lagana's Twilight Zone, Frank Kramberger's Philadelphia Flyer, the "Shore Connection" Vette. the list goes on and on.

I used to crew on a NTF car. There was nothing better then putting 98% in the tank, spinning the motor over to build pressure and watch the fans run over. Once we pulled on the fuel pump and switched over to the fuel, it was always a spiritual experience. Even better at night. Two hits of the throttle and the folks loved it. I'm building a Fuel Car and we'll hit the throttle on our warm ups.

The Force cars haven't whacked the throttle in Houston a month ago or E-Town this weekend. The only car I have seen whack the gas lately was Scott Palmer in Houston.

Paul, I noticed the Force cars didn't in qualifying, but on Sunday they did! I don't think the Teams realize how much that stuff sells the sport!

Going to the Pits ain't what it used to be...:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back