Novelli "Drafting" (1 Viewer)

Annie

Nitro Member
This past weekend I crossed the center line and we have heard many comments not all nice. I just wanted to let everyone that NHRA and the manufacture of the part that malfunctioned on our car are aware of the issue and are trying to rectify it. They want to make sure this happens to no one else. This could have been a very bad situation. But the only thing that is hurt is our pride. Please have a fun and safe 4th of July.

No harm no foul. Well except the loss of a run. It's drag racing. Things can happen fast. Glad everyone was ok.
What part malfunctioned? I saw something come off your car and spin around on the track but I couldn't tell what it was.

Last edited:
There will always be "grandstand quarterbacks" who watch it on TV and think they know exactly what happened and are convinced they would have done a better job. These experts probably have never even sat in a race car, much less driven a fuel car.

Andrea's Back!!! You used to post here all the time, How is your Health? last time I went by your pits someone on your team told me you weren't feeling well due to Health issues! You better??

I am doing much very well now. It will be a life long issue but at my last visit my neurosurgeon said we can check again 3 years. As long I do not have any symptoms come up. I am good with that. I lurk on here every now an then. Since I do not go to many races I do not have a lot of insight to give. But I was at Joliet lol. Thanks for asking. I hope all is well.

A few years back I had an incident and crash that totalled my car. After being released from the hosptial a few days later I was amazed at all of the Monday morning know-it-alls claiming I did this and I did that wrong. What none of them knew was that there was a MAJOR part failure and I was along for the ride at a certain point. I didn't take out another car or driver and I lost my entire car and 3-4 days in the hospital. Never amazes me that those who know NOTHING about being behind the wheel know exactly what happened and how they would have "saved the day"...

Those that can, race...those that can't sit in the stands and pretend.

A few years back I had an incident and crash that totalled my car. After being released from the hosptial a few days later I was amazed at all of the Monday morning know-it-alls claiming I did this and I did that wrong. What none of them knew was that there was a MAJOR part failure and I was along for the ride at a certain point. I didn't take out another car or driver and I lost my entire car and 3-4 days in the hospital. Never amazes me that those who know NOTHING about being behind the wheel know exactly what happened and how they would have "saved the day"...

Those that can, race...those that can't sit in the stands and pretend.

Baseball fans second guess the manager on baseball forums, football fans second guess the coach. Here on a racing forum folks second guess drivers and crew chiefs. It's why there are forums. Condescending post towards those who don't or cannot race do nothing to farther the discussion. An explanation from an experienced driver like yourself ( as done in the beginning of your post) goes a long way in helping those who only watch understand the different possibilities that lead to a bad pass. For the driver critics, possibly weighing Luigi's long career of successful passes should temper the quick judgment when things go wrong.
What would really suck is that discussion cease at places like the Mater because folks are tired of being labeled one way or the other.

Baseball fans second guess the manager on baseball forums, football fans second guess the coach. Here on a racing forum folks second guess drivers and crew chiefs. It's why there are forums. Condescending post towards those who don't or cannot race do nothing to farther the discussion. An explanation from an experienced driver like yourself ( as done in the beginning of your post) goes a long way in helping those who only watch understand the different possibilities that lead to a bad pass. For the driver critics, possibly weighing Luigi's long career of successful passes should temper the quick judgment when things go wrong.
What would really suck is that discussion cease at places like the Mater because folks are tired of being labeled one way or the other.

Then instead of people posting what they think they see as if it is a FACT, they should ASK for details or ask for an explanation of how things like that might happen. In football, baseball, basketball you can see a player swing and miss, drop a pass, miss a shot....those things are pretty cut and dry. Seeing what is happening on a race car going over 300mph with a driver tucked away out of direct view leaves a lot of questions....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back