Unsettled 2007 into 2008 (1 Viewer)

hellfirejim

Nitro Member
Is it just me or is this the most unsettled I have seen drag racing in all my almost 40+ years of doing this?????

Think about all the issues. Where to start? Probably most important is the safety issues and all this about the chassis and what is good and not good. What is safe and not safe. The majority agreeing it should be done one way and yet the powers that be can't or won't see and it has become a safe face and butt issue instead what is best for our sport and drivers.

Then there are the sponsors that are leaving and yes I know it happens all the time but not as much as lately. I guess this is because it now costs so much to race that any sponsor leaving is trematic.

Of course we also have the annual musical chairs on drivers and crew chiefs.

And the possible tweaks to the point system.

Not to mention that there will be a change of ownership and we have not heard a word about the direction to be traveled.

Don't take this as doom and gloom but just an observation. What I would really would like to know just what the hell is going on??? Not nearly enough information out to begin to answer any questions.....

Just one man's opinion.jim

Oh but we have been given the direction for the new owners, remember "the next level"

At the end of the day, all the National events are still running and we can still attend our local tracks any Friday/Saturday night and race?

As much as things seem to change some things still remain constant. Thank Heavens!

It's kind of like if any of you have worked for a corporation that has just been bought out, it sure is an uneasy feeling not getting any answers.:mad:

There are definitely some issues in "flux" going into next season, but I don't think the lack of information is nevessarily a bad thing.

To me the only difference between "now" and "then" is the amount of access to information we have now versus then. We have questions so we expect to get answers RIGHT NOW, and normally TV or the internet can provide those answers in a timely manner, but sometimes, we have to wait.

Either the HDP sale will go through or it won't. Like Doc said, no matter what we have a schedule of races to attend next year and places to race.

We have gained a car for every car we have lost save 1, and that team has already said they will run "out of pocket" (Grubnic). It ain't all sponsor doom and gloom.

NHRA has already issued 1 fuel chassis spec, and will soon mandate the other.

As for the point system, likely won't be announced until the PRO show if there are any changes to take advantage of the assembled motorsports coverage. (possible ditto for HDP too)

So I don't think it is as silent as everyone thinks it is ....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back