Luigi Novelli kicked out of indy! (1 Viewer)

Hey Sean...don't forget about our '05 fun...damn slider and BDK working back-ass-wards and putting the ignition into permanent pedal-retard! I recall re-stripping the blower, installing new studs, replacing burst panels, AND re-sealing the manifold after every lap...but we never left any fluid on the track, either.

I was part of a conversation at the same event where the former head of nitro racing point blank said that there may no longer be a place for under-funded teams that have issues with leaking, cannot make the turn-around time, or cannot run quick enough to make a good TV show. At the time he didn't know that I was there working for an under-funded team trying to qualify. His tune changed once I mentioned which car I was working on. I did ask him how the heck they expected the teams out of the Top 10 in points to make turn-around given the fact that it takes them twice as long to perform the simple task of pulling the car up next to the trailer! Every time we raced with them we were pitted so tight that it took at least 4 back-and-forth shots to get the car under the awning to be serviced. Compare that to the mega-teams that have more than enough room to pull into their pit in one shot.

I personally believe that NHRA would like nothing better than to have 3-4 team owners in each class so they can cut all the privateer teams out of the mix.

I was part of a conversation at the same event where the former head of nitro racing point blank said that there may no longer be a place for under-funded teams that have issues with leaking, cannot make the turn-around time, or cannot run quick enough to make a good TV show. At the time he didn't know that I was there working for an under-funded team trying to qualify. His tune changed once I mentioned which car I was working on. I did ask him how the heck they expected the teams out of the Top 10 in points to make turn-around given the fact that it takes them twice as long to perform the simple task of pulling the car up next to the trailer! Every time we raced with them we were pitted so tight that it took at least 4 back-and-forth shots to get the car under the awning to be serviced. Compare that to the mega-teams that have more than enough room to pull into their pit in one shot.

Thats kind of sad isnt it , when I read up on the history of drag racing its really cool how it was a sport that normal people could race in . Now its pretty much an if you arent rich get out kinda sport , well in the pro ranks anyway . Though even the sportsman ranks doesn't look that affordable .

Most people here want quick/fast times during qualifying in the quickest amount of time possible. Society is all about 'hurry-up'...Whats w/ that..
Back in the 80's it would take 90 minutes at best during qualifying for 30+ cars for the fuel classes. There would be oil downs, wrecks, and whatever else, and very few complained...
Luigi should not be banned and/or removed from any event....IMO

I personally believe that NHRA would like nothing better than to have 3-4 team owners in each class so they can cut all the privateer teams out of the mix.

Wes.. i agree and i also would not dout that if a couple of those current team owners feel the same way....

Billy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back