Luigi Novelli ask to leave Indy Event (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
I a crew member for Luigi Novelli Top Fuel Racing. We where supended from nhra racing at the US Nationals for having 2 oil downs. We have had 3 this year, 1 at brainerd where the nhra said there was no evendence of oil or a clean up, they say that there was a spray of oil at the starting line, the car was dry and no engine damage. At indy a spark plug blew out and had a small fire (head gasket) pushed out, no major damage and on the second run a puke tank hose had a small tear. The nhra told us we should of shut of the car if it was noseing over it ran a 4.09 with a hole out and we are trying to make the show at the us nationals the didn't care. This just shows that thay do not want small teams and older drivers. Should all drivers shut it off if it quits pulling and give up or just small teams who need to win some money.
Where has drag racing gone, when small teams the can afford to go racing
with a crew who goes because of love for the sport with no pay and taking vacation time to do what they love is just shut out. We will go ihra racing or match race we will be around long after the current nhra management is gone. Dan Olsen did not have any nerve to face us he sent on of his guys to do the dirty work. The nhra is out of touch with all small racers and dosen't care kind of like our goverment.

Luigi has received info from NHRA that he is allowed at any race he wishes to go to. There are only 2 oildowns on the books for him for this year and there was a "misunderstanding" at Indy. There has been no testing done and it does not need to be done.

Wow!! This thread really makes the NHRA look bad.........especially now with the projected short fields.

hmmmmmmmmm........short fields, the result of short sited leadership!!(I use that term loosely)

I can clearly remember the days of 60-70 AA/FD to make a 32 car show.What happened?Although the times and speeds were not the same,i think it was more fun to see.

I can clearly remember the days of 60-70 AA/FD to make a 32 car show.What happened?Although the times and speeds were not the same,i think it was more fun to see.

M-O-N-E-Y Sir.

Clearly, it takes more money to field a reasonably competitive car these days than in the "good old days" when you could still run a factory block and heads and fabricate your own chassis and run without any bodywork or aero-wings

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back