New Comp Plus Rumor (1 Viewer)

That rumor didn't sound like it was referring to Prock, to me it sounded like someone who's been away for a bit.

I now re-read it (I may have just returned home from a night out last night when I posted this) and it does read like it's the same person. A championship winning crew chief and a Rookie of the Year (assuming that's the award, I can't think of many others)...... the only one to do that is Neff.

My only complaint with Neff is that he would not really be returning to the "show" as the article suggests. Yes, as a driver he would be returning, but not in general.

I still think it is a pair. Prock and Tobler are the only two I can think of without resurecting someone from the dead or having the people be 80 years old. Plus, aren't the Procks and Toblers pretty good friends?

I think there are two ways to interpret the wording. The original way I read it was that someone who was both an award winning driver and champion crew chief was returning and the only one I could think of that matched both of those descriptions was Mike Neff. You could also read that as an award winning driver paired with a championship crew chief are both returning which would describe Austin Prock & Rahn Tobler.

One random thought and a huge twist, Didnt Capps mention something about a second team or hinted at a second team? Could Zippy run a second car at RCM and drive and tune?

Dave didn't win rookie of the year.
While I don’t know of any other awards for drivers, it doesn’t say rookie or the year. Being Austin Prock is already on the entry list for 2022 so that wouldn’t be a rumor either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back