New A/FC (1 Viewer)

Mick Steele will be debuting his AFuel FC this weekend at the Indy divisional race.
It's not actually a divisional. This weekend is a Cleetus McFarland specialty race that's including the top alcohol cars. The divisional was supposed to be last weekend, but weather pushed it to August. Nice to see more events for the TA cars to compete at.

With the Indy race being moved, I've been hoping to get Mick to run the North Chaos event at Edgewater in Cincinnati this weekend (May 5-6th). I don't think he's coming but I hope he comes and uses it as another test effort.

Huh. Is this the first time a regional has been contested separately from a divisional? I can't remember it happening in the past. I wasn't planning on going to Indy so I didn't look too closely at the event schedule, but I had assumed the TA cars were on it. Guess I was wrong.
Cannot remember where I read it, but the reason for the split, was the Charlotte race on the same weekend. Charlotte being close to Div 3. they thought the turn out would be low for the Regional. Hence the move to a week later.

Being that I'm in Div3 and gone to my 1st D3 meet since 72 I truly believe that the Bowling Green and Indy meets should be swapped based on WEATHER conditions.
BG was always HOT & HUMID, INDY COLD & WET. I can't remember how many times we froze or got wet at Indy, but I never looked forwards to that race.

They did a pisspoor job of letting people know that this was a points earning divisional race for alcohol cars. I thought it was just an exhibition for Cletus' fans.

His FB page made a post that Tony P recorded a bit on the A/FC combo for a future release. It was done with Mick's car in his pits.

--- --- ---

Team Steele may have not been first at last weeks race, but we are one of the first to run our new injected nitro (A/Fuel Funny Car) in the NHRA Top Alcohol Funny Car class. NHRA announcer Tony Pedregon recorded a piece highlighting the introduction of the A/Fuel funny cars into the Top Alcohol Funny Car class. This piece will be airing on one of the upcoming NHRA races.

345227783_254971270357397_5775914094433240054_n.jpg

Just wondering. Mick was at Indy this past weekend running the A/Fuel flopper. But wasn't
listed on the qualifying list, not even as a DQ. Any insight out there?

ccindynhra-14.jpg

A/Fuel Funny Car Mick Steele in the seat
Well we know he was there and there is evidence to prove it. I’m guessing it could have been a computer error that left him off or maybe he withdrew from the event? On his instagram account he said they were able to get a few good runs down the track and look forward to more testing and their next race will be in June at Norwalk.

Just a correction to Tony's statement, "60 pounds of boost" for the supercharged TA/FC's. At the current 92% overdrive they don't make anywhere near 60 pounds of boost.

I don't think Mick has a FC license yet, so couldn't qualify. I believe the Indy Regional was more about testing the new combo. I'm sure he'll keep improving.
That would make sense why he wasn’t listed and a non qualifier.

Is Mick the only a-fuel fc to race this year? Their calendar sais Norwalk Regional next week.

Julie NaTaas is driving the Randy Meyer A/FC this weekend at the Eddyvilled Chaos event. Like Mick Steele, they seem to be getting this thing sorted out pretty quickly. The more the merrier.

Is Mick the only a-fuel fc to race this year? Their calendar sais Norwalk Regional next week.
Our A/FC should be done and ready for testing hopefully by late summer. We are still deciding when to bring it out (championship points depending also). Randy Meyer's A/FC is not NHRA legal nor do they plan for it to be based off the last time I talked to them. Randy's car has clutch management and varies in nitro % but has been repeatedly higher than NHRA's rule. Mick Steele has been putting forth a great effort to make his car competitive to our alcohol burning cars. Props to him and his crew chief Rick Hickman for trying all kids of different things. I'm looking forward to seeing that car more.

Our A/FC should be done and ready for testing hopefully by late summer. We are still deciding when to bring it out (championship points depending also). Randy Meyer's A/FC is not NHRA legal nor do they plan for it to be based off the last time I talked to them. Randy's car has clutch management and varies in nitro % but has been repeatedly higher than NHRA's rule. Mick Steele has been putting forth a great effort to make his car competitive to our alcohol burning cars. Props to him and his crew chief Rick Hickman for trying all kids of different things. I'm looking forward to seeing that car more.
Does your team plan on having someone else drive the car or do you plan on jumping behind the wheel?

Knowing Tony, Boggs and Sean I would say there is a .001 percent chance anyone else would be asked to drive the car.
Sorry my GOOD friend. I am 99% sure you are wrong. sorry to disagree with you.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back