60 Foot ET = 0.9813
330 Foot ET = 2.4954
1/8 Mile ET = 3.6705
1/8 Mile MPH = 211.0907
1000 Foot ET = 4.6736
1/4 Mile ET = 5.5237
1/4 Mile MPH = 265.5837

Stan
Looks spot on to me. I went back to the NHRA Results page for TAFC at the Winternationals and every pass with 1/8 mile incrementals similar to these wound up being within a whisker of your estimated 1000/1320 numbers. Well, it sounds like at least one car is already competitive....a good thing; that class needs some life 'injected' into it.

Randy,
Can you share the Incremental times? Just using 1/8 mile et and MPH I get

60 Foot ET = 0.9813
330 Foot ET = 2.4954
1/8 Mile ET = 3.6705
1/8 Mile MPH = 211.0907
1000 Foot ET = 4.6736
1/4 Mile ET = 5.5237
1/4 Mile MPH = 265.5837

Stan
1/8th mile et vs 1/8th mile speed, 211 is pretty good speed for a 3.67 et. 3.67 could be a result of a slow 60' time shown in your example (.9813). At 211, if carried through to the finish line in as your 265 example would be low 5.50's as you indicated.

I know it was a hundred years ago, but the last 5.52 we ran in TA/FC, our 660' time was quicker but our 1/8th mile speed was slower. 1/8th mile speeds have increased dramatically since then.

From Drag Race Central:

Daniel Oliver's incremental times: 60ft-0.920 sec., 330ft-2.434, 660ft-3.632/206.54 mph, 1,000ft-4.659, 1,320-5.529/259.06.

Good luck in your new endeavor. Do you plan on getting behind the wheel at some point? If you make it to Indy for the Nationals, I will stop by and say hello.
Thanks Chris! Yes, I had the car built with the intention of me driving. Tommy has been kind enough to shake it down for me. Having a brand new car with a brand new combination, I didn't want to throw having a brand new driver in the mix. Too many variables. So we are going to test a bit more and hopefully be in good enough shape to enter the U.S. Nationals with TJ at the helm. Definitely come by and say hello!

So, if I understand correctly, both Mick Steele and Tommy Johnson could race their afueler funny cars at Indy (and with similar color schemes)?

I can vouch for Tommy's driving ability. years ago TJ was staying with me for a couple of weeks and I had a little (Lot) too much beverage at the Div. 7 banquet and TJ drove me and my late wife home. TJ hated my choice of music on the radio. Tommy sr. later called me an said I converted TJ, He now loves country western music 😁.TJ is a great driver no matter what he drives T/F, TF/FC , Alky or me home. an a fantastic gentleman. I love the guy.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

I can vouch for Tommy's driving ability. years ago TJ was staying with me for a couple of weeks and I had a little (Lot) too much beverage at the Div. 7 banquet and TJ drove me and my late wife home. TJ hated my choice of music on the radio. Tommy sr. later called me an said I converted TJ, He now loves country western music 😁.TJ is a great driver no matter what he drives T/F, TF/FC , Alky or me home. an a fantastic gentleman. I love the guy.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠
Agreed! I'm so grateful to have Tommy helping me sort my new toy out. He's a badass driver and just a cool guy. When I watched him while we were testing, I just kept thinking, "man, if I could end up being just half as capable as him...". He's just super smooth, and while this isn't a blown fuel deal, I know he's having fun with it.

Congratulations Nunz!
This is what I do, wish you knew. I like it.

Nothing but the best of luck, and have fun.

Last edited:
Hey for you guys on FB, go to JRO Design, that's Justin O'Brien's page. He's the guy who designed my scheme, I think he did a great job! Check out his page and like it if you agree. :)
He does some nice work. I wish I had his skills drawing skills.

I think all this is SO COOL! Wow, this A/FC deal may be getting bigger. Even way back in the Daze, I always loved the injected nitro cars. JR/F, anything with Adams & Enriquez, all that. There were a few A/FC in the old Pro Comp class. I think this guy named Larry Sutton drove a few injected cars in his time. :)

Agreed! I'm so grateful to have Tommy helping me sort my new toy out. He's a badass driver and just a cool guy. When I watched him while we were testing, I just kept thinking, "man, if I could end up being just half as capable as him...". He's just super smooth, and while this isn't a blown fuel deal, I know he's having fun with it.

Excellent! Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! I'm still trying to figure out why it took so long for them to be allowed to compete.

My 2 cents is that if blown alky and injected nitro were to run heads up with "no restrictions", then the fuel cars would win, even with 500" engine limit. T/AD is almost all nitro these days and I think there is some concern that would also happen in TA/FC. Severance still holds best ET for alky at 5.12; be interesting to see what that combo would do if the old C screw blower was still around.

My 2 cents is that if blown alky and injected nitro were to run heads up with "no restrictions", then the fuel cars would win, even with 500" engine limit. T/AD is almost all nitro these days and I think there is some concern that would also happen in TA/FC. Severance still holds best ET for alky at 5.12; be interesting to see what that combo would do if the old C screw blower was still around.

Apples to apples then. If it were truly with no restrictions then the alky FC teams would be able to run the PSI "C" supercharger at 125% over (like those run in outlaw pro mod cars) and upwards of 70 pounds of boost. Right now the NHRA legal TA/FC's are required to run the smaller PSI "D" supercharger (18% smaller swept volume) at 92% overdrive producing only around mid 40's for boost. Since the current NHRA National Record is Sean Bellemeur at 5.36 and Annie Whitely at 276 miles per hour with the smaller "D" rotor at 92% overdrive, my best guess would be mid 5-teens at 285 with a "C" at 125%.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back