They Don't Like the Name Nostalgia (1 Viewer)

A tag line for the kids could be, "the way your great grandpa use to do it."

We were at Don Pieto's Food and Gas Nationals today and there was a bunch of young kids and teenagers running around.

Mastercar.jpg

A tag line for the kids could be, "the way your great grandpa use to do it."

We were at Don Pieto's Food and Gas Nationals today and there was a bunch of young kids and teenagers running around.
I've been to a bunch of nostalgia events over the past decade or more and there are always young kids and teenagers around. They are there with their parents, not because they actually WANT to be there. Unfortunately, most of those young kids no longer attend those events once they become young adults..... Nostalgia racing is their parents hobby, not theirs. Now of course there are always exceptions.... I'm sure anyone watching this thread can give me an example of someone who grew up in the nostalgia world with their parents and is still active today.... but it's NOT very common.

The terms Nostalgia, Legends, Classic, Legacy, etc, etc.... They're all the same. They all lead you back in time. We need to be looking (thinking) forward, not backwards if we want any form of racing to succeed. And that kills me to admit as someone who loves the history of the sport more than modern racing.

Legends is a nice try, but doesn't hit the mark. The drivers are not legends, and the cars are not either. If they were all tribute cars, with, say, JJ, Blue Max, Candies and Hughes, etc. paint jobs, then maybe Legends would work. I don't have the answer, but there has got to be a better descriptor than Legends. The NFL has done well with Thowback uniforms - maybe Throwback Nitro or something??????

"Legends" is nowhere near the mark at all for the "Legends Football League," but it didn't matter for that "sport". I suspect to most on this board it wouldn't even be given a thought. Check it out! ;)

Vintage FC Chaos.............🤣🤣🤣
People can come up with all sorts of words that describe a period back in time but they will ALL suck. It's not the specific word, it's what the word means that turns young people away.

So far we've heard:
Nostalgia
Legends
Classic
Legacy
Vintage

What else can we come up with? ;)

Last edited:
Ol' Skool (that might be something the kids can relate to)

What's the latest phrase with the kids when discribing old things/

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back