My Aunt Patsy--prayers needed. (1 Viewer)

Update

Her appointment today went great, wound has closed ALOT but not enough for a graft. She said it was down to 8 inches by 3 inches and they only stuff it with one roll of gauze.

Next appointment is in a month, they won't start the graft procurement then either, probably two months.

Another good check up! She's on her way! Not ready for grafts yet, but the skin is sewing itself together.

Maybe a month and a half and they'll start talking about harvesting skin.

That's great to hear, Ninji... Sounds like things are moving in the right direction :)

Sorry I haven't updated this in a bit, but Aunt Pat is doing wonderfully. They decided she didn't need the grafting to close the rest of the wound, and would just let it go with time. They were hesitant to rule out the grafting but she begged them not to graft it and promised she'd never wear a bikini. She still has to keep it covered but she let me take this picture of it.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/Moparjenn/AuntPatsbite.jpg

I put it as a link and not a photo, just in case some people don't want to see it, it's actually not bad considering the gaping hole it was before.

Glad to hear it Jenn. I got the dreaded 10pm phone on my mom last night that they were taking her to the hospital with a mild stroke. She is doing pretty good today but will be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I will certainly add her to my prayer list for a speedy recovery, those prayer lists work I tell ya!

Jenn, I just came home the nightly visit to the hospital and I'll tell that Mom has improved a ton. Got some color to and was in much better spirits tonight.

That is wonderful news! I hope she continues to improve. I'll continue to pray for "Moma English"

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Mom is doing pretty good but my wife, Barbara, has decide that we will not send her back to the senior home but that Mom will come and live with us. A HUGE job for Barbara to take on but my family is very glad to have her there to help as I'm gone during the day to work so it puts a lot on her.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Mom is doing pretty good but my wife, Barbara, has decide that we will not send her back to the senior home but that Mom will come and live with us. A HUGE job for Barbara to take on but my family is very glad to have her there to help as I'm gone during the day to work so it puts a lot on her.

That is awesome of your wife. Kudos to her, that's a lot of work but can be very rewarding.

She has my admiration!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back