A Mom update! (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
As most of you know, my 84 year old Mother suffered a stroke almost 1 year ago. And over the past year she's made improvements, and had some Major setbacks! She's come down with Pneumonia like 4 times since the Stroke, and as of now has Recurring Pneumonia! She was FINALLY able to eat solid foods back in January, but a week later she aspirated and had to be admitted to the Hospital.

About 2 weeks ago she developed a Staf infection in her knee which required surgery! However she's in constant Pain without any Pain Meds, and sleeping is a Major struggle. Our family's come to the realization that Mom will most likely NOT improve, and the uncertainty of it all is the most Stressful! So predicting days, weeks or months is such a dilemma, we have NO idea when we will get that Call! Please keep her in your Prayers, they certainly can only help in this situation! Thanks, Joe

Absolutely Joe. You, your mom and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers!!! Hang in there!

Oh, Joe....I'm so sorry. Hang in there and know that y'all are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear she struggling so. I suppose you know how she needs your strength these days. I'm sure you can comfort her a great deal by showing your strength and faith in these times. Hang in there buddy. The Lord knows exactly what he's doing - I just wish we did more often.
We'll keep your Mama in our prayers here.

Thanks Everyone! It means a TON believe me! Over the past 2 years I've probably spent more time with Mom than I had in years! Her growing older, the fact she couldn't drive. I always loved taking Mom to the Movies since with her limited vision she had no problem seeing the Huge Movie screen. And me being a movie buff just gave me more reason to say "Hey Mom let's go see a Movie!" She'd lite up "Really?" Knowing she was only getting Older I kinda looked at it as a way of growing closer to her before it was Too late! I kinda felt I missed an Opportunity of mending fences with my Dad before he passed away in 1988. You only have 2 Parents, take care of them while you can!;)

I remember you telling me how she was doing when I saw you in Pomona. You know Lisa and I have you guys in our thoughts.

So sorry to hear your Mom is ailing. Sending prayers your way.
Been a tough week. I lost my Mom 2 years ago on the 10th, my mom-in-law 10 years on the 17th and my Dad 34 years ago on the 18th. Could be why I'm not enjoying February anymore.

Joe, my mom is 97 and lives with Barbara and I. Last friday, the 20th, mom had a pretty good stroke. The doctor gave her a fews days to live so I called family and told them that if they wanted to see mom one more time they'd better get here pretty quick. I felt so bad when I picked some of them up at the airport as mom was talking eating, and pretty much having a great time with everyone. Her doctor came by on saturday evening and pretty much told us that this cant be the same person he saw on friday. A week later, eating like a pig and enjoying life. I know pretty well in my heart that even though she has bounced back there is not a whole lot of time left.

Mom had a friend come to visit her saturday that she met when she came to california in 1930. You should have neard the stories. WOW!

Joe, I hope your mom is doing better! Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back