Moving Rumor (2 Viewers)

My guess would be a satellite team is changing addresses or a independent team is combining with a multi-car team.
Hmmmm tasca
Correct my math here and using 2020 names: Johnson, Beckman, Hagan, Capps, Pruett, Brown, Tony, Tasca & Lee under the roof in Brownburg. With Johnson & Beckman moving on, heck I'll take a shot and say Cruz becomes a satellite team under the same roof.........essentially moving his "address", definitely a great way to reduce costs and also get technical information

I'd agree with the possibility of Cruz taking his sponsor money to fill the vacancies at Shoemacher...but then I remembered whos Cruz sponsor is....doubt theyd want to have a "tool war" in the same building...wasnt there talk of Austin and Jimmy going to DSR? Makes me wonder if Montana Brand would leave Force...hard to say...but its a nice break from the covid/election silly season.

Correct my math here and using 2020 names: Johnson, Beckman, Hagan, Capps, Pruett, Brown, Tony, Tasca & Lee under the roof in Brownburg. With Johnson & Beckman moving on, heck I'll take a shot and say Cruz becomes a satellite team under the same roof.........essentially moving his "address", definitely a great way to reduce costs and also get technical information
Tasca & Lee are satellite teams.

If it’s Cruz, I don’t think the tool war would be a thing. Toyota is on Antron’s dragster and the funny cars run Dodge bodies. The Napa car also has Carlyle Tools on it.

JFR isn't in CA. The race shop has been in Brownsburg for years. John still has his office and museum in Yorba Linda, but the race operation has been in Brownsburg for close to 20 years.

Alan

It sure was fun when they did have the shop there and had the Christmas car show every year. That was a big deal for the City of Yorba Linda. I remember you use to always stay in that hotel up on the hill and I would run in to you when I was there taste testing their fresh baked chocolate chip cookies the night before the show when everyone was setting up. Those were the good old days bro. 🙂

Last edited:
I think Alex Milanovich is moving to a new house with a two car garage. ;)
A few years ago I thought I would be smart and get a little exercise by walking the 25 minute walk over to Alex's house to help him on his nozi fc... and one night when I was walking back home around 11.00 I tripped over a seam in the sidewalk and went flying off of the curb and landed in the middle of the street. It cracked a couple of my ribs that had just healed from being cracked a couple of years earlier. That is when I decided I had had enough exercise. Who in their right mind would walk when they have 2 perfectly good drivable vehicles at home anyway. 🙂

Mike, Arizona is getting that way. Just in the last year, have seen a ton of Californians (and folks from other states) move to Phoenix area and other towns in the state. Can't blame them, but it's also been pushing up the price of homes here and apts to the point where you can't afford to buy anymore. BTW, I love Texas. have family in College Station, Texas A&M Aggies. Whoop as they say. heh

It sure was fun when they did have the shop there and had the Christmas car show every year. That was a big deal for the City of Yorba Linda. I remember you use to always stay in that hotel up on the hill and I would run in to you when I was there taste testing their fresh baked chocolate chip cookies the night before the show when everyone was setting up. Those were the good old days bro. 🙂

Ah yes, they Ayres Inn. Happy Hour and fresh cookies. Those were good times. That show became a victim of it's own success. Shutting down the entire neighborhood became a problem. It was the biggest single day collection for CHiPs for KIDS and they loved it.

Alan

JF.jpg
JF Toy.jpg

Ah yes, they Ayres Inn. Happy Hour and fresh cookies. Those were good times. That show became a victim of it's own success. Shutting down the entire neighborhood became a problem. It was the biggest single day collection for CHiPs for KIDS and they loved it.

Alan

View attachment 6526View attachment 6527
So that's why Force stopped doing the show? I always wanted to attend it. Too bad, it looked like a blast and a fantastic way to wrap up the year heading into the holidays.

So that's why Force stopped doing the show? I always wanted to attend it. Too bad, it looked like a blast and a fantastic way to wrap up the year heading into the holidays.
It sucks that you didn't go because you would have loved it. It was a full day of seeing some of the coolest hot rods ever gathered on the west coast lined up for city blocks in each direction from Forces shop. There was great music from different bands including Adrian Force/Hight's band that she was in and they would take turns on the large stage that was setup. There was a lot of food venues set up there including southern California's famous In&Out Burger trailer. Just the smell of nitro, frying burgers, and caramel corn in the air excited me. There were a lot of other vendor booths set up all over the place. You also got to take tours of the JFR shop with Johns brother Louie. You could also go up stairs in the race station and and Kenny Young Blood would do a cool cartoon type drawing of you. I couldn't believe the long autograph lines for all of the racing legends and celebrities. There were so many drag racers and drag racing legends like the Snake/ Mongoose. Plus Celebrity car people like Chip Foose and Jay Leno. Then you could also meet the KCBS southern California weather girls Vera Jimenez and Jackie Johnson. There was a lot more but I already feel like I'm writing a book. The whole thing was for a great charity for kids and you only needed to donate a $10.00 unwrapped toy.

It sucks that you didn't go because you would have loved it. It was a full day of seeing some of the coolest hot rods ever gathered on the west coast lined up for city blocks in each direction from Forces shop. There was great music from different bands including Adrian Force/Hight's band that she was in and they would take turns on the large stage that was setup. There was a lot of food venues set up there including southern California's famous In&Out Burger trailer. Just the smell of nitro, frying burgers, and caramel corn in the air excited me. There were a lot of other vendor booths set up all over the place. You also got to take tours of the JFR shop with Johns brother Louie. You could also go up stairs in the race station and and Kenny Young Blood would do a cool cartoon type drawing of you. I couldn't believe the long autograph lines for all of the racing legends and celebrities. There were so many drag racers and drag racing legends like the Snake/ Mongoose. Plus Celebrity car people like Chip Foose and Jay Leno. Then you could also meet the KCBS southern California weather girls Vera Jimenez and Jackie Johnson. There was a lot more but I already feel like I'm writing a book. The whole thing was for a great charity for kids and you only needed to donate a $10.00 unwrapped toy.
Obviously not this year, but any shot it would come back?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back