Morgan Lucas Racing Pulling the Plug? (1 Viewer)

I would move that money over to revive Alan Johnson's team. Keep the driver, crew chief and all.:)

Considering the car is funded by their money and they are pulling the plug, I can't see why they would bring the same amount of money across for someone else to use. AJ is pretty close on having a deal together for next year ;)

Well this is unfortunate, but not a shock. Without Morgan driving full time, I'm sure Forrest figures there's no need to keep his own TF car out there any longer. It's not like he needs to have a TF car of his own.

Considering the car is funded by their money and they are pulling the plug, I can't see why they would bring the same amount of money across for someone else to use. AJ is pretty close on having a deal together for next year ;)
I'm saying you could take some of that funding to keep a TF car with the Lucas name on it out there. I'm sure it would be cheaper to sponsor a team rather than run one. Just because they are pulling the plug on their team doesn't mean sponsoring another one is off the table.

OK so if Lucas can not be competitive running one car, and is pulling the plug, what does that say for the future of other one car teams? Are the days of Nitro numbered? Force vs Schumaker vs Kaltta?? Match racing?

The reason Lucas Oil may be pulling out of racing their own cars is that Forrest Lucas is being considered for Secretary of the Interior under the new Trump administration. This may not diminish total car counts if he supports Alan Johnson and Alan fields two cars again. This would allow Morgan to devote all his time to Lucas Oil as Forrest would have to put his holdings in the company in a blind trust. These are just my thoughts since I heard of Forrest's possible appointment. A great choice, I think!

Charlotte Lucas, wife of Forrest Lucas and mother of Morgan, said, “We were spending way more money than we were getting advertising out of it.”

“I hope sponsors don't look at us pulling out as a sign because it's not,” Lucas said.

Riiiiiiiiiiight

This sucks.

I hope that Morgan does maintain his passion for sport after the company is handed over to him. A LOT of leagues and racers depend on Lucas Oil, any change in marketing would be devastating. Offroad Trucks, Tractor Pullers, Sportsman Drag Racers, Drag Boats, Dirt Modifieds, Indy Lights are all sponsored by Lucas Oil, and they sponsor at least 1 car in all of those series.

I also found Morgan's comments about FS1 telling.

Charlotte Lucas, wife of Forrest Lucas and mother of Morgan, said, “We were spending way more money than we were getting advertising out of it.”

“I hope sponsors don't look at us pulling out as a sign because it's not,” Lucas said.

Riiiiiiiiiiight

They aren't pulling their sponsorship money from NHRA. They are only shutting down the Fuel team. BIG difference in costs between sponsoring NHRA Series, individual racers, and OWNING a Top Fuel Team. The Lucas family has always been incredibly generous and active in advertising and sponsorship throughout motorsports. And if Forrest is going to have to answer every question of a panel of Senators, every aspect of his life will be brought to light. Outside of drag racers, dumping millions into a Top Fuel dragster every year may seem like wasteful spending to people who don't get it.

I realize this particular discussion/topic is re: MLR, but one can't help but wonder what, if any, effect it might have on the Arana's and The Greek.

It's BECAUSE Lucas sponsors so many teams and series that it doesn't make sense to own their own TF car, especially if Morgan isn't driving. It's obvious that their passion is what kept their team out there for as long as it was. Morgan gave an awful lot of insight in that article. While he praised NHRA for their efforts, he really addressed some marketing issues, as well as how outrageous the costs are, even for the wealthy.

I find it strange it wasn't mentioned on todays broadcast even though they talked about Richie a few times.

I'm always 100% behind the Lucas family.

And very thankful for all they do to help all forms of motor sports.

Again, Thanks, MLR, Lucas oil, and the entire Lucas Family !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back