Maters on teams (1 Viewer)

Doug

Nitro Member
My son (Blaine - 13) and I will be attending Pomona (as normal). would the Maters that are on teams post up here (or send a PM) so we could stop by their pits and meet them. It would be fun to see what goes on and maybe even talk with them seeing as how we read comments from them on here. Just want to put a face (and car!) to the name.
Thanks,
Doug

My son (Blaine - 13) and I will be attending Pomona (as normal). would the Maters that are on teams post up here (or send a PM) so we could stop by their pits and meet them. It would be fun to see what goes on and maybe even talk with them seeing as how we read comments from them on here. Just want to put a face (and car!) to the name.
Thanks,
Doug
Hi Doug and Blaine I work on the Bob Bode Nitro FC team and would love to have you and your son stop by and say hi. Bob Bode's Official Website

Thanks,
Doug

Doug, most of the time there will be a mater meeting set up by someone on here. Just be sure to look for that. As for some of the teams and drivers, they usually will just have you stop by their pits cause they usually can't make the meetings. Jeff Arend is one of the drivers that you just stop by his pit. He is really cool. I'm sure he would have no problem meeting you and your son and sign some autographs and take some pics. There are some really cool crew guys on here you would wanna meet as well. I'm sure they will let you know if they will be there and where you could meet them. I know Tony Smith is with TJ Zizzo, Doug Palmer with Paul Gill, and Mike Minick is usually with Pat Dakin and we also have Eugene Gray with Bob Bode's FC team. Just check with them to see whats up with those teams for Pomona. I believe T said they will be running, And I'm sure Bode is running as well.Not too sure about the others. Have a good time!!!!!

doug i wont be in pomona ( at least as of today) but take your boy by scott palmers and tell him scubasteve sent u over to meet one of the coolest dudes in drag racing ( i know i know theres a ton of them ) scott and his gf ashley are great people .... i dont figure u care bout the sportsman guys ( even though i do) so i wont bother mention'n some of the greatest people in the pits , sportsman racers. also the laganas should be helpin scott there( I THINK) , u talk bout some great guys bobby dom and pops GREAT PEOPLE !!!!

There is one mater, Don S-something, that I think is involved with a team, but he might be pretty busy... :D

Thanks for the info - Blaine and I (and daughter Laura-7) are well known at the Mater meetings. We have been going to Pomona 2X a year since '90.
Lynn - I was looking for the people who are on teams like you provided. I'll print this list and get to the pits of everyone we can find and try to make this a different experience for us. I think I might know this Don S. guy - is he related to that Tony Shoehorn or Shoebox or something like that?
Tony is Blaines' fav as evidenced by his Maters points leading team name on the private league at Motorsports promos drag racing fantasy league!!
Less than a week we can hardly wait. Now the ? is do i take him out of school all day on Friday and take off work or just cut out after school:confused:

BTW sportsman guys would be cool as well.

Thanks for the info - Blaine and I (and daughter Laura-7) are well known at the Mater meetings. We have been going to Pomona 2X a year since '90.
Lynn - I was looking for the people who are on teams like you provided. I'll print this list and get to the pits of everyone we can find and try to make this a different experience for us. I think I might know this Don S. guy - is he related to that Tony Shoehorn or Shoebox or something like that?
Tony is Blaines' fav as evidenced by his Maters points leading team name on the private league at Motorsports promos drag racing fantasy league!!
Less than a week we can hardly wait. Now the ? is do i take him out of school all day on Friday and take off work or just cut out after school:confused:

Oh yeah, and don't forget the soon to be FC champ. I see him on here alot. I'm sure he wouldn't mind some maters stoppin' by to say hi!!!!

Hello Don,

please stop by our trailer to say Hi! We are in the Top Fuel pits. Just look for the Las Vegas Best appearing crew because that is us :)

And of course all the other maters are welcome as well. Can't wait to meet you guys and girls. He why not have a mater meeting at our pits Friday evening after the last qualifing!!

Hello Don,

please stop by our trailer to say Hi! We are in the Top Fuel pits. Just look for the Las Vegas Best appearing crew because that is us :)

And of course all the other maters are welcome as well. Can't wait to meet you guys and girls. He why not have a mater meeting at our pits Friday evening after the last qualifing!!
That is a good idea Gerda. I hope you had a good time at the fanfest last week. I told you it would pull a big crowd. I hope the trailer worked good for you. I am going to leave Vegas tomorrow and stop by BAE to pick up a block that we sent to get repaired. c-ya in Pomona.

Eugene, are you guys going to be at Gainseville next year?
We have not talked about next years schedule yet but i am sure we will be in Florida. I know Bob wants to mount another body over the winter so that we can start next year with three bodies. We missed the North carolina and virginia races because we only had one body left after Indy.

Take him out of school!!! My dad took me out of school on Friday one year and it was the best time I ever had at the races. Not a lot of people and the drivers and crew are even more approachable. Its a completely different attitude Friday's at Pomona. Have a blast!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back