Calling out to NHRA Officials (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
For the last few month's we've been hearing from racers,fans,promoters,media and others about a multitude of issues related to NHRA, tracks, and quality of racing this year. It's time we here from officials of NHRA, for them to come on Nitro and have a respectful chat with the maters, and when i say respectful that goes to all maters to refrain from the bashing,lewd comments,etc. It's time we here their side of whats going on with NHRA, we know they have been listening so I'm asking Graham,Tom, and others to join us. I'm sure the moderators can keep it respectful. Drag Racing would love to her from you!

Great idea but I don't see it happening. I'm not sure that they really care what we think as long as we keep paying.

I do believe that the mods could keep it civil. Yes that would mean even no countdown jab remakrs by me, although I would love to have a conversation with then about it in a most professional manner. Although some people equate a hard or pointed question as uncivil. I'm not sure thats the case but we could do it.

Anyway I would also love to set up chat times where drivers/owners and such came on at a set time and let people ask questions. We could set it up so a mod would be right there in case it got stupid. People who knew they wouldn't be around then could pre send questions...anyway I digress

I would love to see Mr Compton or even Mr Light come on and explain the plan and thought process to the moves that are made. Who knows maybe there is something we are not seeing that would help it all make sense.

This is a very good suggestion but it ignors the obvious. What makes you think they care at all what we think. I have seen nothing in their words or deeds that would suggest that what we [racers, fans, etc] think had the slightest shaping of what they decide to do.

Perhaps in a perfect world where the people in charge were really passionate about the sport instead of being passionate about turning this into a money making entertainment business ruled by what is best for the bottom line. Don't miss-understand I do realize that this is a business and as such has to make a profit but when you look at some of the decisions made you begin to wonder.

Do I wish they would come here and talk with us?? You betcha and I would be respecful but direct. There are so many questions and for the longest time no answers..... One can only hope.

jim

Sorry if this offend someone, but this forum with only 1141 active members and 4313 total members represents such a small slice of the drag racing community that it is insignificent in the total picture. I see no reason that NHRA officers would ever be inclined to participate in this forum. It appears it would only be a negative for them. JMO

Sorry if this offend someone, but this forum with only 1141 active members and 4313 total members represents such a small slice of the drag racing community that it is insignificent in the total picture. I see no reason that NHRA officers would ever be inclined to participate in this forum. It appears it would only be a negative for them. JMO

No offense taken, out of the 1141 active members a large percentage are racers and members of NHRA, so our opinions and questions would be directly from the heart of the NHRA organization. They would be the most important of all!:D

Jesse I respect your passion, but I think John's right! NHRA could care less what gets said here or any other Internet forum! NHRA didn't address the Oildown issue in 2000 till several local newspapers took them to task over the problem at many races. I think the same thing's in play here, until it gets brought to light by a Major it doesn't get any notice!

No offense taken, out of the 1141 active members a large percentage are racers and members of NHRA, so our opinions and questions would be directly from the heart of the NHRA organization. They would be the most important of all!:D

You may be right but consider this. 1141 people is about what shows up at the local track on a friday night. That's happening at tracks all across the country. So what would be the advantage for them to come out and address the fans/racers at only one track?

What they should do based on my experience dealing with the public is survey a statistical sampling and make some decisions based on the results instead of setting in their IVORY TOWER and dictating what's best for the dumb racer/fan.

Having said that, we must realize there a bunch if information that's not made available to us and never will be. This is true with any business and this is first and formost a business. Like the days of the self funded fuel racer the days of NHRA being just a bunch of good ol' boys is gone forever.

Last edited:
The NHRA management should care about our opinions. Every well run company provides a way for their customers to provide opinions. Of course, they usually hear from those with complaints and less often from those in complete agreement.
The 'maters are a good cross section of fans, racers, sponsors, suppliers, and track operators. Some of us are in more than one category. What we say often reflects not only our own opinion but that of others, as well.
A fortioriif the NHRA has made a policy decision upon a good basis; what better place to win the support of racers, fans, and ceterathan here?
Nowhere.
Cheers,
Ed

I am one of the 1141 active members and an NHRA member. I attend Joliet and have been to the last 25 U.S. Nationals. I am willing to allocate a substantial amount of MY entertainment dollars to this sport. I would welcome an opportunity to ask NHRA some very pointed questions as to the quality of racing this year, the payouts to the racers which never go up even though their costs are through the roof and attendance and ticket prices are also up, the wisdom behind safety issues and other rules modifications and on and on. However, after watching their attitude for all these years I don't really think anyone from the NHRA would show up here as they really don't care what the membership thinks as long as our wallets are open. I have sent them emails in the past asking certain questions in a businesslike manner and have yet to get a response from them. Perhaps it's better this way. If I had gotten a response, I still would not know what side of their mouth it came from. I guess that's why I come to this website. I know for sure everyone here cares about our sport.

Jesse I respect your passion, but I think John's right! NHRA could care less what gets said here or any other Internet forum! NHRA didn't address the Oildown issue in 2000 till several local newspapers took them to task over the problem at many races. I think the same thing's in play here, until it gets brought to light by a Major it doesn't get any notice!

Joe I respect what your saying, and for John he had made up his mind, probably a long time ago. Joe, I'm a optimist, and the last 20 yrs of my life has depended on it, I believe this can be done and it needs to be done or the problems will become even bigger problems. If they feel this isn't the place then maybe explore other ideas like an advisory committee of racers , fans, promoters, etc. and meet at each National Event race on Friday evening after qualifying and list questions and answers on this forum after each event. By doing this after each event it would give a wider range of questions from different parts of country. It would be a lot easier though to do Q & A on a forum such as Nitro on an evening after each event to address the problems.

While there is active membership and then inactive numbers, understand that there are also a TON of visitors. Many of which are pro racers and yes even the nhra.

Even if they do not engage is active discussion they all know what is being said here.

JIf they feel this isn't the place then maybe explore other ideas like an advisory committee of racers , fans, promoters, etc. and meet at each National Event race on Friday evening after qualifying and list questions and answers on this forum after each event. By doing this after each event it would give a wider range of questions from different parts of country.
NHRA already does this after every event.

Whats so hilarious?, most visitors on here have a great passion for the sport of Drag Racing and nows the time to fix some of the problems being talked about.
I may be missing a few brain cells,but what's LOL:rolleyes:

Remember you are talking about NHRA brass it ain't gonna happen!
"You can't fix stupid" comes to mind that's what is so hillarious. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back