Calling out to NHRA Officials (1 Viewer)

LOL = Laugh Out Loud:D

ROTFLMAO...

We have concerns, as Fans and Racers. The problem I see is that we have an addiction, some of us have been 'junkies' for over forty or fifty years. I don't care if my fix comes four and a half seconds at a time or in seven seconds. I just want it two equal lines at a time.

The way I see it, is the Kingpin doesn't want nor cares to know the junkie wants, he'll give his dealers a taste and a small cut and expect them to keep us happy. Even if everyone in the chain steps on the product on the way to the user...

My Name is Karl and I'm A Drag Racing Junkie. Except for 4 years in the late 90's, I have not been clean since 1967.

d'kid

ROTFLMAO...

We have concerns, as Fans and Racers. The problem I see is that we have an addiction, some of us have been 'junkies' for over forty or fifty years. I don't care if my fix comes four and a half seconds at a time or in seven seconds. I just want it two equal lines at a time.

The way I see it, is the Kingpin doesn't want nor cares to know the junkie wants, he'll give his dealers a taste and a small cut and expect them to keep us happy. Even if everyone in the chain steps on the product on the way to the user...

My Name is Karl and I'm A Drag Racing Junkie. Except for 4 years in the late 90's, I have not been clean since 1967.

d'kid
Hi Karl...That right there is how NHRA continues to be mismanaged, miss opportunities for growth (oops it looks like open wheel and sports car racing are just about unscrewed), underpay the teams, slight the sportsmen, hose the fans and continue to have a mediocre TV package. But like everyone else involved, I can't take the belt off and pull the needle from my arm AND THEY KNOW IT. As long we refuse treatment, they'll keep uping the amount of baking powder in the mix and driving bigger pimpmobiles.

S/F
D

It was interesting to see Compton and later Light walking around the pits in Vegas, without any NHRA markings on their shirts. Guess they're ashamed to be recognized. They didn't stop to talk to any teams either.

The car count was way down....lots of extra room in the pits. The crowd was down as well, even on Saturday, which is usually the big day. I was surprised to see them hiring a Sponsor finder firm what with all the bean counters they have on their payroll. Guess you have to know what drag racing is to sell it.

Brent, if they do this it should be public so what are the questions and answers and who do they meet with.
Why should it be public? To my knowledge NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc don't make their focus group/research findings public. They don't benefit at all by making it public. They take the feedback and do with it what they will.

Hi Karl...That right there is how NHRA continues to be mismanaged, miss opportunities for growth (oops it looks like open wheel and sports car racing are just about unscrewed), underpay the teams, slight the sportsmen, hose the fans and continue to have a mediocre TV package. But like everyone else involved, I can't take the belt off and pull the needle from my arm AND THEY KNOW IT. As long we refuse treatment, they'll keep uping the amount of baking powder in the mix and driving bigger pimpmobiles.

S/F
D

Ya know what I found out last year with my anger over the coun...well you know. There is more to drag racing than NHRA. IHRA puts on a good show, actually the "show" aspect is better albiet you don't see the superstars. I also took in more events at my local track and reconnected to the drag world outside of nhra. There's a lot of cool stuff out there.

Ya know what I found out last year with my anger over the coun...well you know. There is more to drag racing than NHRA. IHRA puts on a good show, actually the "show" aspect is better albiet you don't see the superstars. I also took in more events at my local track and reconnected to the drag world outside of nhra. There's a lot of cool stuff out there.

This is exactly the point I have tried to make on many occasions. There is an incredible amount of really cool drag racing out there. Instead of a generalized show you can find what part of drag racing really turns your crank and go get really close to it. There is more to life than the NHRA.

You know running with the NHRA is alot like being in an abusive realtionship....

jim

Why should it be public? To my knowledge NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc don't make their focus group/research findings public. They don't benefit at all by making it public. They take the feedback and do with it what they will.

Brent, in your opinion is the focus group making ground in addressing the racers issues. I glad to see they're having these meetings, but don't you think the racers and fans that spend a lot of money each week participating in the these events have a right to know the outcome of each meeting. NHRA would not survive without these people. The sport groups you mention do make their research availible to public if you ask for it.

Brent, in your opinion is the focus group making ground in addressing the racers issues. I glad to see they're having these meetings, but don't you think the racers and fans that spend a lot of money each week participating in the these events have a right to know the outcome of each meeting. NHRA would not survive without these people. The sport groups you mention do make their research availible to public if you ask for it.

While I would love to say Yes they would and should. In all reality does Walmart let us know what the results are of any meeting or focus group that they may have? I don't know that even public compainies even deliver detailed info on such events. Sure maybe they should, and we since we all love racing we view it in a different light than other business. Except for the recent Mitchell report I can't think of a time when any other sporting body has allowed negative findings to be openly accessed.

BTW I think my brain is officially done for the day. Everytime I read the title of this thread I start singing dancing in the steets.

You know it
Callin out around the word
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancing in the streets

of course now I'm thing

Calling out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new feat
The seasons's here and its too clear
we need a two lane track
They're angry in Laaaaaas Vegas
Down in Houuuuuuuston
In Atlanta Georgia

All we need is racin, sweet racin
There'll be nitro everywhere
They'll be ohhing, ahhhing, records broken,
With close racing on the track, oh

ok I'll stop now. Crap I may need to ban myself for this:eek:

While I would love to say Yes they would and should. In all reality does Walmart let us know what the results are of any meeting or focus group that they may have? I don't know that even public compainies even deliver detailed info on such events. Sure maybe they should, and we since we all love racing we view it in a different light than other business. Except for the recent Mitchell report I can't think of a time when any other sporting body has allowed negative findings to be openly accessed.

PJ, we are members and investors in this sport, we should know. Do you think this focus group is accomplishing anything. I'm sure Shannon is listening in, if so lets get a chat room set up and maybe someone like Alan R. can get Tom or Graham to come in and talk about these issues. Also i would like to here from the CEO's that are spending millions on these teams.

BTW I think my brain is officially done for the day. Everytime I read the title of this thread I start singing dancing in the steets.

You know it
Callin out around the word
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancing in the streets

of course now I'm thing

Calling out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new feat
The seasons's here and its too clear
we need a two lane track
They're angry in Laaaaaas Vegas
Down in Houuuuuuuston
In Atlanta Georgia

All we need is racin, sweet racin
There'll be nitro everywhere
They'll be ohhing, ahhhing, records broken,
With close racing on the track, oh

ok I'll stop now. Crap I may need to ban myself for this:eek:

I could only hope to be a fly on the wall if you were singing that out loud where ever you are.....please, someone help PJ!!!:D:D

(look, only 9 more posts and I can get Mater cred!)

I could only hope to be a fly on the wall if you were singing that out loud where ever you are.....please, someone help PJ!!!:D:D

Got some bad news for ya, Alan--check my post count, then check my stature as a "cred-ed" mater poster---sorry to break it to ya, Alan, but the magic 1000 mark may not guarantee mater cred....:D

Got some bad news for ya, Alan--check my post count, then check my stature as a "cred-ed" mater poster---sorry to break it to ya, Alan, but the magic 1000 mark may not guarantee mater cred....:D

Oh sure Terry...burst my bubble first thing this morning.....:D:D

Alan, what mater credit do i get for hitting 300 mark?:p

Is that a picture of your family cat?:eek:

300??!! What a noob....:D j/k!!
No, that's the 'Mater response cat, for instance when NHRA slapped the BS fine on Shoe, that's the expression you get...

Look at that will ya!! 1 more to go!!

Hey now, 3 out of the 4 voices in my head like that song :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back