Finals 2009 - Thank You Maters (1 Viewer)

Doug

Nitro Member
I have been a member here for quite a while and before we made our trip to the Finals last year I asked for people to come list where they might be found in the pits so we could meet up with them.
http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/24098-maters-teams.html
Several team members responded as well as a couple PM's. My son Blaine (13) is known to the Maters in Pomona as he has been drug to alot of meetings! Anyway we met up with:
Lex and Gerda Joon, Secret - Gary Densham, Eugene Gray - Bob Bode, Nick Ferri – Mike Edwards, Doug Palmer.

Attachments

• Blaine, Lex, Gerda.jpg
    Blaine, Lex, Gerda.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Adding Fuel.jpg
    Adding Fuel.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
It was nice meeting you and Blaine and you are welcome any time. I see from the pic that we put Blaine to work for a while. Stop by if you are at the winternationals.

Hi Eugene.
When we went to Eugene’s area he invited us in and we hung out. At one point Blaine walked over and was asking the guy mixing fuel what he was doing, the guy explained it all to him very nicely. When Blaine stepped back over to where I was I asked if he knew who that guy was, he said no, I pointed at the poster board at the front of the pits. He was pretty excited then to know that he was talking to Bob Bode himself. Later Bob grabbed Blaine and had him help to add fuel before they warmed the engine. One of the engine guys (Mike –I think) put together a piston and rod and gave it to Blaine. Eugene cleaned it up for us and got Bob to sign it. Blaine even spent some time playing with Bob’s son pushing around die cast toy cars in the pit. They let us hang out during the warm up. That was cool from the front cuz there were minimal fumes due to the fan and the pipes pointing out towards all of the common people!!
BTW We - Blaine, Laura (my 8 yr old) and I will be at the Winternats. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back